It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freshmen...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
no man im not a bully cmon dont make me look like that.
im a nice person who dosnt get into fights for no reason...

these people are scum and are just looking for a beating.

you may not pick up on it, but that is a pure contradiction. You seem to be implying the only way to resolve the way a younger person is acting, is via a beating? I had the same mindset at one point, probably when I was in highschool... although that mentality goes away pretty quickly, once you pick the wrong fight.

you cant expect a 12 grader like me take stuff from little punks
if i heard them again talking behind my back ill make them visit the hospital

:shk: Right now, the comments you are making are pretty annoying. I am older, and probably much bigger than you. Does that mean I am now justified to break your head? Your mentality is an unhealthy one. I doubt it's something you will change via an internet discussion, but please take my advice when I say not a single good thing can come from such an outlook on life.

im not a bully and you see you should not let people walk over you

yet your concept of not letting people walk over you, is by physical assault? usually, this is the method employed by those with nothing else to go on. This is the definition of bully. Someone says something you don't like, and you respond with violence?

don't mistake me for a pacifist - i'm not. I'm just baffled at your views here, and I think it describes what the OP was so disgusted with.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
hm you forget i sayd i will never bully a person who is younger then me,but when that person starts to try to bully you well then...i cant take this.
surely i was a little direct i am sorry im not a violent person and i wont get into a fight for anything,fighting usualy is last resort for me,but u see the thing is i get so fired up and mad inside,sometimes i cant control my feelings.
the thing that im mentally unhealthy cmon...man thats insulting,surely im a little messed up,but why dont u blame the other people?people who will insult you without a reason on the street,people who will get to fight you on the street,bullys,arrogant people?that stuff just makes me mad...

really even if im a little messed up being called mentally ill is really insulting man cmon...
every person hase a opinion,i didnt even explained the situation clearly enough on english,and im not that older as you my mind thinks different

[edit on 27/9/07 by Unisol]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

the thing that im mentally unhealthy cmon...man thats insulting

really even if im a little messed up being called mentally ill is really insulting man cmon...
every person hase a opinion

I didn't say you were mentally unhealthy, I said it's an unhealthy way to think. More specifically, that type of thinking, can lead to injury - because of the actions you would take. Not only do you reinforce the idea that violence is a solution, but you also alienate all those who don't understand why you are being violent.

dont u blame the other people?people who will insult you without a reason on the street,people who will get to fight you on the street,bullys,arrogant people?that stuff just makes me mad...

getting mad, and getting into a physical altercation are totally different. and no, I don't blame people for insulting me. the truth is, the biggest thing that bugs me about people when they insult me... is that it reminds me of how crappy it feels to be insulted, and then I think about all the times I've insulted someone.

Think about it - if someone has so much control over you, that they can just say something, and you will lose control and overreact, that person is more in control of you, than you are. Again, this is not a healthy way to continue.

Don't take things so personally. If someone insults you, just know that it has nothing to do with you, and everything to do with THEM. Same with attacking someone who insulted you. You aren't attacking them because of what they said, you are attacking them because of YOU, and your reaction.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
wow what can i say i am really impresed about what you sayd,and its all so true,of all the things i hate being insulted just hurts the most.
and getting revenge or insulting back,gettng into fights,its true it will always make things worse,but i guess in some cases when things get really serious and scarring you cant just let it go by,not in my case afcourse.
i really respect you about this post thank you^^

and what really amases me is how i change my way of thinking when growing up,when it was a time to get a car i was so exited about tunning it,and when i got it,it just started needing repaires,and now im just glad if it runs allright spending money on new parts couse the old one are messed up^^

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

you cant expect a 12 grader like me take stuff from little punks
[edit on 27/9/07 by Unisol]

exactly dude. i mean, for god's sake violence is never the answer. you can get arrested, badly hurt, or even killed. but there are some people who simply DO NOT (and i say do not with all the emphasis in the world) learn to leave you alone until your forced to put your hands on them.

the longer you put up with ppl's crap the harder they'll mess with you. and the only reason they do it is because they know they can get away with it. eventually you're gonna have to do SOMETHING.

i mean i've seen several scenarios where the old "be the bigger man and walk away" idea shouldn't have even been thought about. one time back in my high school days this girl i knew, told me that while she was walking outside with her b/f some dude just came up to her and palmed her behind. then she said that her b/f didn't do anything about it. when something like that happens you should at the very least SAY something to the person. but the guy didn't even do that. i guess that's the reason why she ended up cheating on him with several different dudes. (me being one of them). why? because she lost respect for a guy who was a bonifed coward.

seriously, what are you gonna do when somebody spits in your face in front of all your friends? or talks down to you in front of your family? i've seen both of those scenarios and when the people who were on the receiving end of them didn't do a damn thing, i was just in awe. but hey if you're the type of person who would let all the things i mentioned slide (a coward) then do your thing.

i'll leave you guys with a quote i read the other day. "the bully only lives as long as the coward lets them"

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
damn man^^your soooo wright,i especialy liked the ending.
i was talking just about that,i dont like to use force,i like to let it past by,but some people will just continue to harrass you until u put force on them,and these people for me are SCUM.
surely if it was some person the same age as me or older,if it was something little as an insult i can let it past by(but i shouldnt)but little punks?

well back when i was a freshman they didnt beat us up or sometin,they gived us carrots
and most of the 12 graders liked me couse im funny and stuff
there was bullys but theyr out of here along time ago and now im the 12 grade^^

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   

seriously, what are you gonna do when somebody spits in your face in front of all your friends? or talks down to you in front of your family? i've seen both of those scenarios and when the people who were on the receiving end of them didn't do a damn thing, i was just in awe. but hey if you're the type of person who would let all the things i mentioned slide (a coward) then do your thing.

"what are you gonna do when somebody spits in your face in front of all your friends?"

This brings up an important element, which has a lot to do with the original topic. To specify "in front of all your friends" really sheds light on the nature of this type of aggression. Someone spitting on your face, is obviously them trying to get a reaction from you. They want a fight. If you escalate the situation, you just gave them total control over your actions, and emotions. If instead, you can laugh that off (and I don't mean, you freeze in fear, and then manifest hatred after the event), then you are truly a bigger person, and in control of the entire situation. Again, proper context must be considered - it's so easy to see something like that happen, and just say "oh, what a coward." It just reflects how easy it is to resort to aggression in a confrontation, rather than dealing with it rationally. It's much harder to do be rational, especially when emotions are involved.

The true reason for all of this is humiliation, or rather the inability to handle it. Now if it's a guy hitting a girl, that's a diff. story :bash:

as for in front of the family, etc. it's pretty much the same, but this thread is regarding the context of high school. The only time I see violence as an option, is when it involves self-defense.

This isn't to say I'm some kind of zen master that never has a temper... I'm nowhere near perfect, but I certainly put up with a lot more crap now, than I would have 10 years ago. I was also headed for trouble back then, for no real reason. It's self destructive.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
you see when your friends see someone spitting on your face,and you not doing anything,if they are not real friends but some popularity maniacs they will think your a weak guy who lets everyone walk over him,and are going to start treating you more badly,and humiliation plays a big part.
its all about psihology

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Unisol

Your attitude is going to get you landed in prison someday. There's no more room in society for people who solve everything with violence. Violent people are the reason why big cities are unsafe, prisons are bursting at the seams, and gangs are more powerful than law enforcement.

You're a big, bad 12th grader now, huh? That means you've got less than a year to grow up, and you seem to have a long way to go. Your gung-ho reactions remind me of a lot of people I went to high school with... Guess what? The ones that aren't in jail didn't live to see 25.

Paresthesia, you deserve a pat on the back for rising above the pack and taking the high road. You shouldn't feel like you're being hit with an "I told you so" slap because the seniors were WRONG, you aren't a stupid freshman, you're one of the smart ones. I knew a lot of people like you when I was in high school as well. Guess what? They're the ones who did great in college and are already working in very, very high-paying careers... and they, too, got there before 25.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join