It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freshmen...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
When I had first set foot in highschool, I immediately became emersed in the tradition of "Bash freshmen because all of them are stupid and all of them act the same". Being the opinionative person I am, I fought back and gave the upperclassmen a piece of my mind when they chose to make fun of me.

I had no idea what they were talking about when they made general statements directed toward our class like 'stop acting like sluts' or 'stop trying to be something you're not' or 'you're not cool even though you think you are'.

Now I do.

Not only have my friends turned into the epitome of a stupid freshman but also every of my peers is the epitome of a stupid freshman.

People think that once you set foot in highschool, it is the "in" thing to
a) have sex
b) go to boozed up parties
c) get in fights
d) curse like there's no tomorrow
e) gloat about it

Yes, my closest, best friends have officially turned into pretentious, dramatic, immature, attention-seeking whores. And now I know what upperclassmen are talking about, and it's hitting me like a big "I TOLD YOU SO" slap in the face. They've changed, made a full 180 because they feel the need to impress the highschool crowd.

Why can't people just be themselves? Why can't people just make good decisions? Not only are my friends ditching me to go get drunk, not only are they scorning me for not "taking a risk" and not only are they thinking they are more mature than me because they engage in activities not even ADULTS engage in, but they also consider it an accomplishment.

I'm a strong believer in Karma, and what goes around comes around, so if they don't accept my warnings now and continue to be 14 year old sluts who think they're cool, I'm not going to be the one getting the STD's.

Peace!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This caters to the half of me that's glad I've been going to private schools since 2001.

Anyway, yeah, I know the feeling...

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
lol i discovered theres going to be people you dont like everywhere and they only get worst when you get out of high school

try not to let it get to you, yet

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paresthesia
a) have sex
b) go to boozed up parties
c) get in fights
d) curse like there's no tomorrow
e) gloat about it
[edit on 26-9-2007 by Paresthesia]

Aaah, these were the days.

actually i still do all these things. except for c and e. i've never been the type of guy to do e and everytime c happens it's always cause some idiot just has to play hercules and i have to shut him up. anyway, if the above aint your cup of tea then more power to you. also keep in mind that not everybody who does these things will hate on you just because you don't. but be warned, the majority will (and as you've stated it's already happening) and when they do, that's when c will come. when c comes, i personally think you should handle your business and not back down. nobody respects a person that backs down. i'm just telling it like it is. now i'm not telling you to start mess with people..but if people start mess with you, by all means finish it. in a nut shell, don't be a sucker, cause when you are people will treat you ANY kind of way.

good luck to ya in what will the most memorable 4 years of your life.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by LordInfamous]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
If that is truly how you feel honey,stick to your guns about it....
I was one of those die hard party girls....and if I had taken a stand like you.my life would be very different right now.I hear you on the Karma thing....

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by The Phantom

What The Phantom said is true. Best not to get attached to anyone or let anyone get to you.

People suck. Big time.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Ya know.... no one's gonna just come out one day and have the best personality in the world. EVERYONE has gone through those "What the hell was I thinking?!" days. Most people learn best... the hard way. Those "freshmen slutbags" will learn. Hopefully

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well although those things are the popular thing to do in high school, you can always find groups of people that don't buy into that whole scene. In high school you will find out who your friends really are, and which ones will stick by you. It's better to realize these friends aren't worth your time now rather than later.

Some believe it's not such a bad thing for kids to be acting like this in high school. Kids get out of hand, eventually(hopefully) learn their boundries and learn to keep partying under control. I think it's good you steer clear of these things, as not many have the will power you do. Never be afraid to go against the grain.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Welcome to my world lol

Nearly everyone i go to school with (in school 4 years now , 1 year left ,woo ) are ignorant , stupid , arrogant a-holes

out of about 120 people i like about...4-5

Thank god i only have 1 more year :shk:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It's funny how the second you get out of college, you are a loser for doing anything that made you cool during highschool and college. I mean my friends who STILL do drugs are basically working as waiters, sitting at home all day, watching TV, have no girlfriends, haven't gone on vacation in 10 years, are broke as hell... its ok to experiment, but i just cant see how doing drugs can be considered 'cool'.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paresthesia
Why can't people just be themselves?

Because they aren't comfortable in their own skin honey. Just remember You can be yourself...You don't have to do the things your friends are doing. Remember...if your old friends wear out...you can always make new friends

Be true to you

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Paresthesia

Your so called friends are just sheep following sheep. They will end up as nothings in the long run. Be yourself. Don't follow the sheep yourself. It's just a waste of time.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
heh, despite all the crap people like to tell you about the "real world," I can honestly say, that High School is just a microcosm of life in america.

"Real Life" is exactly the same, but you have to deal with more people's #, and instead of getting an F in math, if you "Fail" your taxes, you goto jail.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31

Because they aren't comfortable in their own skin honey. Just remember You can be yourself...You don't have to do the things your friends are doing. Remember...if your old friends wear out...you can always make new friends

Be true to you

Listen to jen! She gives some of the best advice I've ever recieved. Peer pressure can be a bit hard to resist, but I believe you are strong enough to. Just remember to always be yourself, and you will trly live a happy life. Don't try to change yourself for anyone.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
P, you think highschool behavior is bad. Wait until you go to college when everyone is away from home. Highschool is just the training ground for what I like to refer to as "yee haw, mom and daddy are only memories now"

You are showing almost supernatural restraint.

Bless your heart!!!

To thine own self be true.

Namaste
whaaa

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Par,

You need to be you, not be anyone/group.

When all is said and done, YOU must look yourself in the mirror every morning, just think what/who you want to see and be her.

Just remember, do or don't do whatever, as long as it is YOUR choice, not anyone else’s

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
When I was a freshman in the mid-80s, we didn't have freshmen slutbags as far as I knew. When I got out of military school I still had a half year of 8th grade left and we were still square dancing during PE. Well, once I got to 9th grade those same girls remembered me from square dancing and how dorky I was and it was over.

What's my point you ask? Square dancing = no sex.

Peace

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
sure freshman beating is bad,when i was(im talking about 8 to 12 grade high school)
but now im 12 grade and some little posers talked bad behind my bad,well they wont again,couse ill open theyr heads with a hammer.
you see what happens when u dont beat freshmen?they start thinking theyr something MORe then you,that they can act superior and make fun of you...PEOPLE LIKE THAT SUCKS,im not a bully,i wont bully some nice kid,but if some freshman wants some ill beat the crap ouf of him

paresthesia just couse ur so cute^^ u dont need to act like that,just enjoy the life,relax,take it easy,dont always be sarcastic,but what can i say,its nice to rant

[edit on 27/9/07 by Unisol]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
sure freshman beating is bad,when i was(im talking about 8 to 12 grade high ill open theyr heads with a hammer.
you see what happens when u dont beat freshmen?they start thinking theyr something MORe then you,that they can act superior and make fun of you...PEOPLE LIKE THAT SUCKS

:shk:

so to keep others from acting superior to you... you act superior to them?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
no man im not a bully cmon dont make me look like that.
im a nice person who dosnt get into fights for no reason,i never pick on people,but there are scum/people who when see that you dont pick on them and see that you are a nice person they start slowly to try to make fun of you and when they see that you take this,they just continue and continue
these people are scum and are just looking for a beating.

i didnt mind it once i didnt mind it twice,but one day i just god mad found the little ..***** and sayd either shut the...up or ill break your head.

excuse me for the language i dont know how i sound like but you understand dont you people?you all had situations like this.
you cant expect a 12 grader like me take stuff from little punks
if i heard them again talking behind my back ill make them visit the hospital

and your statement is correct when you pick on other people thy dont pick on you...yes the world is stupid and people are bad we all know that.
either way im not a bully and you see you should not let people walk over you

[edit on 27/9/07 by Unisol]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join