It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what would you do if you could reach alot of sheep at once

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
im a rapper and im trying to figure out whats the best way to get the truth out imean basically my gameplan for me is be more mainstream until ive got a fairly alright fanbase which imean within ia week of starting i was on the radio here in clovis and portales and in albuquerqe and i was just wondering if you were in my position what would you say? also check out the tracks ive got public right now ( www.myspace.com... ) the one "dat new fire" it pertains more to what i want to do...although ide say my "wut would pac say" track was my best step in its so far the only one i could get onto the radio but i want to represent the conspiracy community better so since thats what we are give me your input please- bacon tru kingpin of the ink pen

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Good question.

I think the first thing would be to have a little more respect for your prospective audience. put yourself in their shoes and consider what you would want to hear. I mean you might well think of them as sheep, and they might well be sheep, but if that comes accross in your lyrics, then it will just end up as condescending preaching.

Whatever the style of music, to be an effective communicator in terms of your politics or beliefs, you need to either say what you say with either conviction (see Rage Against The Machine) or insight (See Billy Bragg or someone like that), or preferably both.

Hope that helps

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
thanks for the input ill keep that in mind my homies starting a club here and i have a few radio djs that help me out too but they always tell me the same stuff that i need to make sure itll sell and i dont like approaching music with a capitilistic attitude towards it so thats why i asked you guys

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
im in the same spot as you man...

the best method I've found, was to just make that pop-music crap everyone loves, and get it on the radio, tv, etc. that's where you get the exposure..

after exposure, and you start to get actual fans and listeners, then you can drop the real knowledge on them. It's a bit like working backwards, but that's the only way I've found to do it. I have lots of friends that didn't go about it the same way, but they all started in major cities (Ny, philly, la, miami, atlanta, etc.) - I didn't, plus I'm not a rapper.

for example, i got my first taste of exposure doing Trick Daddy, Twista and Young Loc remixes... then doing cheese for mtv / vh1... then eventually managed to get a bit more exposure through adult swim and other places.

keep at it, it's not easy, not even a little.

my music:
myspace.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Also understand people are sheep for a reason.

If a person trust someone else to do their critical thinking, they never do critical thinking that will lead them to question the person they are trusting. Critical thinking and the desire to question and think are always valuable lessons to speak of.

The splinter in the mind is when two parts of the mind conflict. The awakening is when this conflict rises to the surface of the mind. But a splinter in the mind is painful, so people have defences so they do not have to face it. This is why it just stays a splinter. Notice the use of that analogy, it hurts when you bump it, when you think about the issues that create it.

Many don't want to think of what is happening because then they will have to admit they have to do something about it. Others don't let there minds think about it because they would have to admit they were fooled. And the worst is they may have to admit they were complacent and partly responsible for previously supporting the people that have caused the things they are trying not to think about.

Ignorance is bliss indeed, but willfull ignorance just isn't right.

We would all rather live in a simpler world, some people make sure they do by bringing up any feeling or argument to keep from facing the truth. Empathy for other groups, and knowledge that they have responsibility as a human are what people need first, then support as the confusion of the new perspective rattles their brain. Finally knowledge can be added.

Note that tyranny tries to teach people not to have empathy, and lower responsibility by saying you can't make a difference, or by creating reasons to not like the group that is suffering.

So when people say all politicians lie, then we trust our governments story they are not thinking about what they have said. They don't think for reasons above. If you force a person to face inconsistencies this can spark thought, and if they think, and if the person makes it past their own defences this snowballs to awakening.

I hope this might help

top topics

join