It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Ever Get The Feeling Someone is Watching You

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It happens to all of us it starts with that really creepy feeling. A strange tingle on the back of your neck that eventually evolves into a full on chill that travels down your spine. Suddenly everything you were thinking about goes away, and all of your senses are tuned into the surrounding environment. Even though you are completely alone, you still cannot convince yourself of that apparent truth.

What I�m talking about is the sometimes occurring sensation that you are being watched, which can really be quite upsetting. The really odd thing is that over half the time that I get that feeling, I am actually proven right. It may be my kids hiding behind a couch, or a co-worker playing a practical joke.

Isn�t it funny that once you persuade yourself that someone has an eye (or two) on you, your behavior immediately changes? Suddenly you tend to get very self-conscious, and self-awareness jumps 100%.

Then there are other times when you are being watched, and you don�t even have a clue. This can be a really good or really bad thing, depending on who has you under surveillance.

Sometimes I am aroused from a deep sleep by the feeling that someone is watching me and most of the time I find one of my kids looking at me from the doorway in the bedroom. Just this morning on the way into work I was looking at a guy read from a piece of paper while we sat in traffic. After about a minute the guy looked over his shoulder directly at me.

What is it that causes this sensation? Is this some kind of 6th sense?

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
i get that feeling too, think we all do, so yes..it could an untapped "6th" sense

but heres's an article related to this that might interest you.

www.csicop.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Paranoia. Atleast in my case.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
i get that feeling too, think we all do, so yes..it could an untapped "6th" sense

but heres's an article related to this that might interest you.

www.csicop.org...

It seems that the research done in this peace disproves it. Maybe its just me but I can usually tell when someone is looking at me.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
It happens to all of us it starts with that really creepy feeling. A strange tingle on the back of your neck that eventually evolves into a full on chill that travels down your spine. Suddenly everything you were thinking about goes away, and all of your senses are tuned into the surrounding environment. Even though you are completely alone, you still cannot convince yourself of that apparent truth.

What I�m talking about is the sometimes occurring sensation that you are being watched, which can really be quite upsetting. The really odd thing is that over half the time that I get that feeling, I am actually proven right. It may be my kids hiding behind a couch, or a co-worker playing a practical joke.

Isn�t it funny that once you persuade yourself that someone has an eye (or two) on you, your behavior immediately changes? Suddenly you tend to get very self-conscious, and self-awareness jumps 100%.

Then there are other times when you are being watched, and you don�t even have a clue. This can be a really good or really bad thing, depending on who has you under surveillance.

Sometimes I am aroused from a deep sleep by the feeling that someone is watching me and most of the time I find one of my kids looking at me from the doorway in the bedroom. Just this morning on the way into work I was looking at a guy read from a piece of paper while we sat in traffic. After about a minute the guy looked over his shoulder directly at me.

What is it that causes this sensation? Is this some kind of 6th sense?

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by BlackJackal]
I know or get the sensation that someone is staring at me. I just happen to turn and meet the eyes of the staring party, then they all of a sudden glance somewhere else.

I don't know how this sense works, but I believe it to be a part of our innate 6th sense, probably dawning from our earlier times as a survival tool.

This ability to detect a presence staring at you with your back turned, I think, is a part of the overall field of invisible powers of the mind, such as remote viewing.

I wonder if this invisible power can be developed to a high level, I would like to have that done.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I get the feeling all the time but I just think its paranoid.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Yes...I know it happens. My family get background checks all
the time. don't want any info leaked.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Heard some intersting information on "the mas conscienceness" last night, the host was talking to Dr. Garland Landrith (website is universelieswithin) and he spoke about research projects where this theory was tested with some amazing success and results. The interview was on 24 January with Art Bell on Coast to Coast AM.

top topics

join