It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea asks S.Korea to join anti-U.S. alliance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I thought this story was pretty interesting.

I don't think s.k. would join but this statement itself could possibly add more strain in the relationship between s.korea and the u.s., I'm sure the u.s. would keep a closer eye on their ally. The govt. officals are paid to be paranoid.

sg.news.yahoo.com...

North Korea has called for talks with South Korea to plan for reunification and pool resources for a joint struggle against the United States.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Very interesting but I highly doubt that it would happen. Its just political chess.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
If I were the S-Koreans, I would ask the N-Koreans to plan for reunification and pool ressources for a joint struggle against China.

Nhaaa...N-Koreans doesn't have any sense of humour. As I know them, they would straight nuke S-Korea.

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
thats just more bluster from the north...South Korea aint
gonna go side with the north...
well...maybe in Kim Jong Il's fantasies

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Why on earth would SK want to take on the HUGE burden of rejoining with poor, desolate, hated N. Korea?!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Definitely political chess - poorly played for one play but like dripping water can have an effect over a period of time.

The fact is D. Rumsfeld has offered to S. Korea to pull out and let them go it alone if they like, for some strange reason it got the SK govt's attention and they started offering military aid to the Iraqi effort and otherwise bending over backwards for ole Donald.

I was in S. Korea back in November and the Korean people continue to believe that there will be reunification without war and without the south capitulating... not sure how they envision that happening but they do.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Why on earth would SK want to take on the HUGE burden of rejoining with poor, desolate, hated N. Korea?!

Because of NK huges unexploited natural ressources.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The nukes and maybe the increased military capabilities. There is a south korean govt. plan to build up their military after reunification.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
LOL! This is hilarious! One of the most dynamic market economies in the world (South Korea), is going to join up with the basket case North Korea to fight the US!

Lil' Kim has good dope that is for sure.

Like others have said here this is annother maneouver before the fall... last ditch attempts to save his own fat ass.

Why does South Korea want North Korea?

1. Reduce threat and thus tension and expenditures related to such.
2. Land desparately needed.
3. Resources.
4. Cheap labour.
5. Bigger market instantly.
6. Greater geopolitical reach in region.
7. Country is bigger vs Japan than now.
8. Country has presence on Chinese border.
9. So they say that they won!
10. The dominoes keep fallin!

top topics

join