It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you be satisfied with disclosure?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is my first post, I've been visiting ATS for months now as I have a general interest in discovering what is REALLY going on out there. Now I believe that there are ET lifeforms present on and around this planet. I also believe there is a cover up to hide proof from the general public. However I am still waiting hopefully for information that can confirm my beliefs as fact so I can explore what I find a fascinating subject further.

However after much thought towards this subject, one thought keeps bugging me and that is would I be happy with disclosure.

Disclosure to me means confirmation by either a government or an ET life form.

Now if ET were to do an independence day yes it would be awful but I feel we would get the truth. However if disclosure was provided by one or more of the world's governments (which I do think is much more likely!) the likelihood of the information being anywhere near the truth I feel is little to none. Why would there be so much care taken to cover up something for so long, if in the end they were going to lift the lid on the whole dam thing anyway?!

Yes the information would be mind blowing from which many could gain great
pleasure from absorbing, analyzing and investigating. The resulting pros and cons could be discussed for ever... but would this divide those of us that want the truth even further?

My point being that if there is a cover up, by releasing information that captivated not only a minority but the entire population would it not become so much easier to manipulate and use us even further? Would this actually hide the truth for ever?

I want disclosure because I believe there is something being hidden, but I also want the truth... I don't know if it's possible to have both.

I find this in its self fascinating, further thoughts and views would be appreciated!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Originally posted by scepticbeliever

I have a general interest in discovering what is REALLY going on out there.

Fair enough, so do I.

Now I believe that there are ET lifeforms present on and around this planet. I also believe there is a cover up to hide proof from the general public.

Here's the problem.
You believe. Think about it.
You want to know what is "REALLY"
going on, yet you already
believe that "aliens" are here.

Can't have it both ways.

However I am still waiting hopefully for information that can confirm my beliefs

Wow. Just wow.
If you believe, why do you require proof ?
Does a Christian, Jew or Muslim require
proof of their beliefs ?

You, Sir contradict yourself.

However after much thought towards this subject, one thought keeps bugging me and that is would I be happy with disclosure.

Methinks you would have a serious
let-down.

Disclosure to me means confirmation by either a government or an ET life form.

See above.

However if disclosure was provided by one or more of the world's governments (which I do think is much more likely!)

Knock, knock...it ain't Avon calling,
it's Reality.

Why would there be so much care taken to cover up something for so long,

Security. Plain and simple.
Look at the classifications the U-2,
F-117 and SR-71 carried, and some
parts still do.

I find this in its self fascinating, further thoughts and views would be appreciated!

These are my thoughts and views.

Enjoy,
Lex

Edit to add : Welcome to ATS.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Lexion]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The only people satisfied with some type of official disclosure would by the crowd that already agrees and believes whatever the information is before it even comes out, no matter what side of the fence your on.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexion

Firstly, thanks for the welcome

I do believe in the presence of ET lifeforms. Beliefs are formed from the information that we have access to. That doesn't mean that they are correct though. Once upon a time people believed the world was flat... the information they had access to was miss guided and incorrect. Therefore I require proof so I can be confident I can call my beliefs fact.... or to dismiss them as untrue.

Wanting to know what is really going on is where I feel disclosure could be used to manipulate. Do you not think it would be possible to present information that proved/disproved many of your beliefs to the point where you were adamant you knew the truth, yet in reality it was presented in such a clever manor it clouded the real truth to a point where you may be further away from the truth than you actually first started!

Security is a great point, I think it's quite possible this is the reason. But you have to admit there are many other possibilities that can't be dismissed. It is debates surrounding such topics as 'the reason for a cover up' that I fear may never be truthfully answered through the information we receive in the future, as there are powers that be, that could benefit from misleading us.

We may differ in opinion but hopefully you see this as a compelling conundrum!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I think the whole Alien thing is a massive psyop and will play a key role in end times deception. It all has to do with discrediting jesus and the bible through these new age religions that center around our "alien friends." These "aliens" show no compassion and are deceitful by nature. They harvest human fetuses without permission, how sick can you get? I believe they are the fallen angles of genesis. They are satanic.

So yes, disclosure will happen, but, coming from the government, it will most surely be a lie.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I see your point. Do you not think that unfortunately the crowd that believes EVERYTHING within public disclosure would in actual fact be that great in size that false disclosure on the scale that I am talking, would bear such an influence that the truth could actually be hidden further?

Example

Were told ETs are here and happy friendly beings.

Reality... Its easier for them to carry out abductions as they can move much more freely. Yet how could we see through the smokescreen due to governments welcoming them and introducing them as friends?

(I don't believe in my example by the way, its just there to illustrate my point
)

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Spartan-9007

Ahem...excessive quoting...and direct insult...
You sir..just broke two rules.
All are welcome to their opinion.Especially if they have researched it for many years.All are welcome to throw new ideas into the ring for feedback.
Not all are welcome to coming here and insulting others.
If you do not like what was said...there are other threads...unless you care to add some info to this one.

Edit to add..Welcome to ATS

[edit on 26-9-2007 by AccessDenied]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Originally posted by Spartan-9007

removed by staff.,

Been called much worse.
Been called much better.

I think Jesus or God falls in that
category, but has nothing to do
with UFO's or Aliens.

I appreciate your one-liner and
huge quote.
Both in violation of the T&C here
at ATS.

Regards,
Lex

[edit on 26-9-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexion

Listen I'm not here to start drama like a 12 year old school girl,or to insult anyone at all. But come on.....you don't need to flame the guy..

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Spartan,

In no way was I flaming.
I never flame, I merely
point out items that don't
make sense, in my mind.

SB even said, "Thanks for the welcome".

I made my opinion about the OP.

I'm open for rebuttal.

Not some third grade offal spewed from
the keyboard of God knows who.

And again, I welcome SB to ATS.

To SB,
Sadly, there are people here who don't
understand debate.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexion

k

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Spartan-9007]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
[edit on 26-9-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It will be a plan to discredit jesus. Lmao you still believe in that?

Lollerskates!

Relegion discredited itself long ago buddy.

I hate jesus sorry but nothing good ever came from that story.

Sorry its the truth!

And do not post he died for my sins.

Any father who has to have his son die on a cross to save men.Has no soul sorry.
A real father would do it for the love he has for his son.

And would not want to see him in such pain.

Physco Dad!

Ask Abraham how believing in Christ faired for him.

hahahA!

idiot

Most parts of the bible say to me this is the devil and not written by God it is violant and still practises mock canablism to this day.

No thnks if this is the lord ill see you in hell with a smile!

Not one story in christian catholic Torah. Books mention God treating anyone with any respect and treats most subjects like a fly you swat.

I will never give this god my soul!

My god loves me for who I am sorry!

[edit on 26-9-2007 by infamouskiller]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Wow.

Another one-liner.

Spartan, if you have a problem
with me, please, I beseech you
to U2U me.

I'll be quite happy to discuss it
there.

If you're not able to U2U, due to
points, I'll ask a Mod to afford
you the privilege.

I can offer no promises in that
realm.

I can promise that I am fair, harsh
at times, crass...um...the word you
used, does apply, but only when the
truth hurts.

I don't want to see you getting warnings,
much less, banned...but, you must
understand that there are rules here
at ATS.

I welcome you, too.
This is a great site, with incredible people.
I'm totally humbled by some of the
people here, yet I don't hesitate to post
my opinion.

Decently.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
If the government put aliens on wooden wagons in cages and paraded them up and down main-streets of American towns, all the while a carnival barker is poking them with a cane and screaming out, "See the alien threat."

Then I would believe it, it would fit the lack of empathy, and a need for self gain the government has shown.

If they released grainy films with testimonials from high officials, and media coverage that claims the evidence irrefutable.

I would not believe it, because this too would fit the pattern of past behavior, vague evidence supported by a machine to further a private agenda of the few.

Note: I do not support the parading of aliens in cages, Say no to alien exploitation, whether made up or real.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexion

Lexicon listen,I have no problem with you at all,not even a small dislike towards you. I probably read your post wrong,idk it just seemed to me you were kinda being mean to the guy even though that was not your intention. Like I said it was probably me not you. I'm sure we have alot of common ground me and you,theres a reason why were all here you know.

Thanks for the kind gesture.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Spartan-9007]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
If it leads to first contact I am all for it.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Lexion

You did flame him, simple as that. Instead of giving your thoughts on the subject, you instead picked out faults in his very first post on here. A nice welcome, not.

You only said welcome to ats when you edited your post, which looked like a guilty reaction.

Disclosure would be an amazing event. To find out the cultures and technologies of other civilizations would change our world.

Obviously lexion, you couldn't care less.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join