It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cash Seized For Speeding

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

i dig your posts man....i am on the same page of you when it comes to the fuzz.
it amazes me when people let the cops toss their car....even if i don't have anything on me/in the car, i will NOT give consent for the fuzz to toss my car...no way.

they do lie and talk the junk too. they know that the average citizen don't know the laws, don't know what boundries the cops have, and are afraid...

i like watching cops and i see them pop someone and just brace them and brace them to talk...."last chance to do it th eeasy way.....wanna tell me blah blah blah??"
then they say to their buddy they wanted to 'lock them into a statement'

pure insanity...

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I find it dismaying when I see civilians support KGB communist type of police actions. I think some people have forgotten that the government is for the people, not for the glory of the nation or the glory of a heavy handed ruler. Our forefathers never dreamed that US citizens would be required to serve the government's interests, in terms of "responsibilities to our government". I also find it fascinating that those who approve and condone illegal strong arm tactics by the police are the same ones who make the most noise if it happens to them, think David Koresh and his followers. If it happens to someone else, the pro-KGB-esque apologists say the innocent civilian deserved it because Might Makes Right and besides, its entertaining to see the little guy bullied by abusive authority.

This type of person who relishes abusive of authority (except for themselves) are the type of people that are incapable of empathy towards others, especially if others have differing views or even simply look different. A sociopathic lack of empathy is the most dangerous characteristic of mankind. Even though these empathy lacking sociopaths represent a small portion of the overall population, the damage they can cause likely end mankinds existence. Genocide and other crimes against humanity will always exist as long as these sociopathic humans continue to throw their support behind elitist power corrupted leaders. There has never been a ruthless murderous leader who was not enabled to commit crimes against humanity with support from pro-abusive-authority sociopaths.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I had an encounter with an "officer" that I thought I would share... It kind of strays off the topic of "illegal searches" but it is an example of how you can stand your ground...

One afternoon after I got off work, I was making the drive home, minding my business as usual. A blue Chevy Impala pulled out right in front of me, and proceeded to go slower than the flow of normal traffic. I started feeling my road rage build, but it subsided...

After a couple intersections, the Impala slowed considerably and made a left turn, using no signal. Letting my anger get the best of me at the second rude offense by the same driver, I layed on the horn and threw my hand up out the window in a "WTF?! are you doing" kind of motion....

As I passed by, I looked into my rearview mirror, trying to be a considerate driver and checking all the points around me for danger. I see the Impala swerve back out onto the road and I see the flashing lights come on.

I was pulled over by an unmarked policeman driving the blue Impala.

As he approached my car, I noticed he was in shorts and a golf shirt. I didn't think to look at the shirt closely to see if it had any identification, but I figured (even though I would not assume this now) that he was legit.

He came to the driver's window, and the conversation went like this:

COP: "What is the problem, sir. You seem to be in a hurry."

ME: "I'm just ready to get home from work."

COP: "Where do you work."

ME: "Downtown. For the State."

COP: "Why did you honk your horn like that?"

ME: "Because you made a dangerous left turn without signaling, and I wanted to let you know it."

COP: "Can I see your ID please?"

I give him my ID.

COP: "You look familiar. You go to any clubs?"

ME: "Clubs? What? Like a hunting club?"

COP: "..like a nightclub."

ME: *chuckling* "No sir, I don't go to any of those clubs."

COP: "Well just drive a little more careful. Don't be in such a hurry."

ME: "Yep."

He goes back to his car and I drive away.

The whole thing was that I caught HIM doing something supposedly unsafe and illegal, he thought I was in a hurry, and he figured he would hinder me by slowing me down.

Little did he know my train of thought was the exact opposite. I showed him that HE was being watched, and I was glad that I had interfered with his time just as much as he had with mine.

Don't be afraid to stand your ground if you have done nothing wrong.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Im surprised they still use unmarked vehicles for traffic enforcement. Here in NY, law enforcement agencies are no longer allowed to use unmarked vehicles to perform traffic stops unless it is a serious serious threat to "public safety". They still have them for detectives, the brass, special units (gang task force, narcotics unit, street crimes unit, etc) and what not but they are not normally used for patrol.

image59.webshots.com...
Basically what they do now is they have special normal vehicles like in the above picture but they take off the roof lightbar and just have lights on the dash board, mirrors, etc. They also have other vehicles with these ultra small lightbars that are clear until you turn them on.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Here in North Carolina, the Troopers are now using unmarked SUV's and sedans with hidden blue lights; no way to tell who they are until they are on your tail. I hate it: The cops are supposed to DISCOURAGE lawbreaking by being seen, not just hiding and waiting to get someopne, that does not help at all.

When I see a patrol car, I check my speed and make sure I am not doing anything wrong; when the undercover cars get you its just about the money and not getting anyone else to slow down, its a racket for cash.

As far as the other scenarios go, just remember to never give consent, and you are under NO obligation to answer ANY personal questions, like' where are you going ' or ' what clubs do you go to' or any other. None of their business at all. they are just trying to get us citizens used to giving them what they want regardless of whether or not they have a right to it. Plain and simple conditioning.

Never show them any fear and always let them know that you are not going to give in, no matter what.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
that will happen in any state. try getting pulled over in Texas with 150k in cash and no explanation. Instant laundering charge.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mantic
FYI: From personal experience. If you are stopped on an interstate or relatively large city highway, when you refuse to allow a search, they will usually have you wait for the dogs to come a sniff around the vehicle. 7 times out of 10 (my %) they will say the dog is giving a positive and they will either demand to search the vehicle there or haul you down to the station and do it there. When they find nothing, they may apologize for holding you up for the false positive while your picking up your possessions that are strewn about on the road side.
Depending on the state, if you agree to a road side search, they can only look in the passenger compartment, not the trunk, or glovebox if it is locked.
In general though, it's true, these days, you never want to talk to the cops. If they stop you, be polite, ID yourself, ask them to state their biz and try to keep it moving.

This is what is interesting.. at one point in time, the only bre4ed of dog allowed to give "testimony" was the bloodhound..
I wonder what the law is now with regards to this now.
Here is something else interesting.. 99% of all police dogs are INTACT male dogs.. all you have to do to distract them is have a female in heat in your car, and they aren't going smell anything but her, lol.
Ball?? What BALL???
But, yes, the dumbest thing you can do is tell a cop it is OK to search their car.
My cousin almost went to jail because there was a half smoked roll your own TOBACCO cigarette in the ash trash, and the cop KNEW he had half a joint.
If a cop asks me, I am going to be happy to wait while they get a dog, and laugh while their dog tries to play Casanova with one of my girls, lol.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The worst of all is the Connecticut State Police ... they dont have ANY marked vehicles at all. The only way to tell if its a trooper is if it is a blue, burgundy or silver ford crown vic or ford explorer and the red/blue lightbar on the roof.

They totally got rid of all marked vehicles except a handful of SUVs (and obviously the boats and helicopters are still marked) for special assignments a few years ago.

apc

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I let them search once when I was 17. I wanted to study their methods.

I was searched again at 19 or 20 but I didn't have a choice being a subject of the state at the time. They even popped my hood!

Been searched another time but I couldn't really object from their back seat. Fortunately they're pretty predictable.

Reading a book my attorney wrote I found that in my state they can in fact search trunks, locked gloveboxes, and any other locked or sealed container in the vehicle. This includes unopened postal packages.

There is one sure fire way I have found to completely avoid even being asked to consent to search: Don't get noticed. The guy in this article was speeding. With a quarter million dollars cash in his trunk. Dumb.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
You are WRONG!!! The FEDERAL law trumps state law, and NO unopened package with stamps, or a locked briefcase, can be legally searched without a warrant. State does not matter, it is Federal rules. Lets see the book you say says this; I claim it does NOT say what you allege, and if it does it it wrong.

Federal court decisions are what settles state laws, and no state can enforce a law that violates federal decisions. If you have a vehicle impounded, the cops can make an ' inventory ' search, to supposedly protect your possessions, but they MUST get a warrant to go into a locked briefcase or to go beyond and simple inventory, that is the LAW.

A package that has postage on it MUST have a warrant before opening; even postal inspectors MUST get a warrant before opening mail. The ONLY exception is when a package crosses international borders, as Customs is not required to get warrants for anything brought across a border.

But NO STATE has rules that go beyond the federal decisions, and they state that a warrant is needed for any search of a locked container, and there must be probable cause to believe that contraband exists before that can happen. Mere suspicion is not enough; cops are just fishing for a hit when they do these things.

So, if you are carrying anything, it should be double vacuum sealed, and in a locked case in the trunk. That is your best bet. A search by a dog can be challenged in many ways, and evidence gathered by their use can be excluded. Follow the rules about this and you will have the best chance of getting away scot free. It is not so much what the cops do on the street, they must justify all of it in court, and that is where your attorney does his thing, IF you have given him the ammo to get you off by using your head and never talking to cops, never giving consent and always getting an attorney.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
RECENTLY MY MOM WAS STOPPED BY A TROOPER.e had qan idiot in car with an open beer bottle he just emptied.as we were getting ready to pull over i told him to hand me the bottle which i hid under an old tow beside my foot in back seat and i told them both to say nothing. the cop came up to car an asked my 63 year old mother maam do you know what year this is . what month is this my mom replied what are you talking about. appsrentaslly somebody saw the beer bottlke in lowes parking lot sitting in fro nt seat cup holder and called the cops. the cop lied and saidi noticed aways back none of you wearing seat belts actually my mom and the idiot did have theirs on. he gave them each a 100 dollar ticket mine was only 10 dollars no court cost because i was in back seat. howthe hell can a cop coming up behind you from over a mile away see inside a car with tinted windows during a bright sunny day.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Drugs or not, if the money was seized without any evidence and just on suspicion alone, that is wrong.

If that would have been me, I would have faught the cop off. I dont take to likely on having my things seized for no credible reason.

I find it hard to believe that it would be legal to just take his money because they have a suspision that he may be up to no good.

Point is, if I haven't broken the law or done anything wrong, "Leave me the F#%k alone!"

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackCash
I find it hard to believe that it would be legal to just take his money because they have a suspision that he may be up to no good.

Welcome to guilty until proven innocent. And people say there's no police state comming. They're right, it's already here.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

hey witness, what constitutes probable cause...

weather you are carrying or not...lets assume it's not an issue...

if a cop pulls you over cause you have a busted tail light or did not use your turn signal, does that mean that they have PC cause you a;ready 'broke the law'?

also, what simply discourages the fuzz from simply lying.
"i pulled em over. they acted funny. i saw something metal, etc etc"...
you clam up like you're supposed to but since dude lied he found your 1/4. now you're popped.
it was found in an illegal manner but it is the cops word vs you, the 'druggie' you know......

it seems like cops ALWAYS have the edge, even when crap is on film...go back through threads with vids of cop abuse...there is ALWAYS someone defending the cop in some way....
i assume when you're in court, the cops are already assumed by most to be telling the truth and you would be assumed to be lying.....
how would you prove the cop lied?

do they wear a body mic? can they turn it on or off?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Originally posted by JackCash

Welcome to guilty until proven innocent. And people say there's no police state comming. They're right, it's already here.

I agree with you Griff!

I have seen our rights slowly disapperaing and this is especially troubling after hearing about the fact that we may need "Permission"to fly after Feb 08.

I am a former Marine who will not sit down and take this lightley.

I have already taken measures to make sure my wife and I will be secure should this ever happen.

Please people, look at what is coming. It may be a decade or so before it does, it may be next year, but things in America have been changing and I only see it continuing.

JackCash

PS

There are already resistance groups out there. They are called your local State Militias. Look into it if you want to feel like you are helping the cause.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by JackCash]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
how would you prove the cop lied?

I would recommend either filming them or taping them. Thankfully I don't own a car anymore. But, even when I rent a vehicle you can be damn sure I'll have my phone (vioce recorder) ready. They don't even have to know they are being recorded that way. Just place your phone near the window somehow.

Don't know the law. Is it illegal to record a cop (or anyone) without them knowing?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

my digital voice recorder is always in my center console....
figure if i get pulled over i will just pop it on...

like you mention though, is it even allowed?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Don't know the law. Is it illegal to record a cop (or anyone) without them knowing?

I don't think it's illegal but it would be inadmissable in court unless you informed the cop you were recording him. That's just an opinion though.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Looks like it isn't illegal. This deals with the cops but I can't see it being different for civillians. "Expectation of privacy":

www.notbored.org...

apc

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I gave the book to a friend several years ago but it was titled Defending Yourself Against COPS. I forget the attorney's name, but I'm afraid I'm going to take his word over yours. Slightly more credible.

Doing some research on this recently I found it depends entirely on the state. Here in Missouri, it's legal as long as the recording takes place on public property (or your property). Over in Kansas, it's illegal as it falls under wiretapping statutes.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join