It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all repugnants...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
One of your friends has a message for you.....

Republicans Against Bush
Welcome to my humble web site! In early December of 2002, I wrote an open letter to fellow Republicans giving my reasons why Republicans should speak out against President Bush. Since then, I have received a number of responses from fellow Republicans and others. I have updated this page several times - on separate pages you can find my original letter, my February 2003 piece, a grim bit of near-future fiction written in mid March 2003 called The Patriotic News for December 12, 2012, a piece that appeared on the site on April 4, 2003, and a piece called Cracks in the Wall that appeared in June 2003.

My most recent piece follows. It is...

My Response to Bush's 2003-09-07 Televised Speech
Perhaps it is unfair to respond point by point to a political speech - they aren't exactly designed to accurately convey information - but somehow I felt this one required close attention.

- Brian Youmans, a Republican Against Bush

Text of Bush's speech is in bold.

- my responses to each section follow.

Good evening. I have asked for this time to keep you informed of America's actions in the war on terror.

Nearly two years ago, following deadly attacks on our country, we began a systematic campaign against terrorism. These months have been a time of new responsibilities and sacrifice and national resolve and great progress.

- OK.

America and a broad coalition acted first in Afghanistan, by destroying the training camps of terror, and removing the regime that harbored al-Qaida. In a series of raids and actions around the world, nearly two-thirds of al-Qaida's known leaders have been captured or killed, and we continue on al-Qaida's trail.

- I supported our initial actions in Afghanistan. Overthrowing the Taliban was a victory. Point for Bush! Since then, our attention and policy in Afghanistan have wandered. We have failed to commit enough troops there to actually establish order (does this sound familiar?) As a result, the Taliban are coming back in some areas.

IMHO, I think we need to pay some attention to Afghanistan, and make serious decisions there. Are we serious about supporting a secular central government there? If not, we should pull out and let the chips settle where they will. Perhaps we can cut a deal with the Taliban - they can have a free hand, if they promise not to allow terrorist bases and training camps. This may sound extreme, but remember this: Afghanistan has been a bottomless pit for foreign troops since at least the time of the British in the late 19th century. The conservative mountain tribes - which is essentially what the Taliban represents - don't like outside control, where "outside control" is defined as anyone outside their own ethnic group and religious outlook. And they have fought generations of wars.

And was the Taliban really so bad, in retrospect? If it wasn't for the fact that they were harboring terrorists, maybe not. They were providing relative stability in a country which had been at war for generations. Many of their policies were ridiculously conservative even by local standards, but the government had solid support in conservative southern regions of the country. And they were really quite good at suppressing Afghan opium production, which is now flooding the world market.

So either we cut some sort of deal with Islamic elements in Afghanistan, or we fight on. Indefinitely. Like the British and the Russians, who both eventually gave up.

But Bush doesn't want to talk about present-day Afghanistan, so we move on...

We have exposed terrorist front groups, seized terrorist accounts, taken new measures to protect our homeland, and uncovered sleeper cells inside the United States. And we acted in Iraq, where the former regime sponsored terror, possessed and used weapons of mass destruction, and for 12 years defied the clear demands of the United Nations Security Council. Our coalition enforced these international demands in one of the swiftest and most humane military campaigns in history....

world.std.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The monolith is beginning to crack.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
The monolith is beginning to crack.

So "Crack" is your substance of choice 'eh!?

That would explain your off the wall stance on just about every topic on this BB.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It took you a day to bang out that stupid comment with your knuckle-dragging hands, racist?

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Sorry dude
Some of us have jobs..

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
oh man.....dont forget, Colonel is a "moderator". And if your so quick witted Colonel.....how come no rebuttal to the equation i replied to you a few days ago. You called "everyone" stupid...and i wrote an equation proving that my dog is proportionally smarter than you.
Its my world famous equation.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by krankinkx
Sorry dude
Some of us have jobs..

Yeah, I know. You should try to find one.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

One of your friends has a message for you.....

And was the Taliban really so bad, in retrospect?

omg----Your not serious are you???

l

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel It took you a day to bang out that stupid comment with your knuckle-dragging hands, racist?

Originally posted by krankinkx
Sorry dude
Some of us have jobs..

Originally posted by Colonel Yeah, I know. You should try to find one.

Your wit never ceases to amaze and amuse me....Where-ever do you get it (HYPOCRITE)?

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I do agree with Brian Youmans on this,

we should have a "real" republican party.
If it means having it against bush, he's got my vote.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Minion

If you don't mind I would like to read your formula...Though I'm not sure it was necessary...I believe that colon-el proved that all on his own.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I do agree with Brian Youmans on this,

we should have a "real" republican party.
If it means having it against bush, he's got my vote.

Who is Brian Youmans?

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Some guys who is expressing interest in creating a "Republicans Against Bush" party.

Maybe one party out of two can turn themselves around get pick up from where we left off. You know at that corner where our freedoms were put in front of a stop light??

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Ahh, thank you for giving me the chance to prove this exquisite proportion, i never can say no to a chance to prove someones idiocy with math....why?....becuase its CONCRETE and TRUE....here it goes....

Now. my sisters dog "Lovely" went to pet smart and got 4 "diplomas" for being trained by a professional team of dog trainers. She is only 4 years old...making her roughly in her mid to late 20s, THEREFORE that would put her in graduate school at least or at the most a NASA scientist....

Colonel on the other hand does nothing all day except "moderate" therefore it is clever to deduce that he has no eduacation but feels that it is his "job" to tell othere "smarter" people that they are dumb ....well Colonel, at least you wont be able to say it to my dog.....

ie the left side of the equation is Colonels the right is the Dog...

as in all ratios, we take the proportion of the Dog total education (D1) and divide it by her maximum education( DM1.........we derived the maximum using some Calc but in effort of expediaancy, we cut to the chase)
Colonels side is the same

Colonel( C1) divided by (CM) max education ....there fore we get

C1 D1
---- ~ ---- now assuming Colonel's lack of education:
CM DM

we can easliy see that C1 D1
---- < ----
CM DM

Colonel is mathematically proven to be dumber than my dog.....now the real hilarity insues when he will ask me how i got it............i can almost laugh right now.....its also funny becuase IM A DEMOCRAT and proud of it!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I must concur...You have done it....but as I said before, colon-el beat you to the point (though he did in fact lack the tangible mathmatical proof)

On a side note...I believe there is good in the centrists of either major political party...I dislike the fringes....

You are not a bad person because of your political affiliation..what makes one a bad person is their actions...

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
yea, i vote conservative though

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
huh.....so no reply from colonel...typical....i guess its gonna take him all day now to drag his knuckles across this one......rascist

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

It took you a day to bang out that stupid comment with your knuckle-dragging hands, racist?

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by Colonel]

just to emphasize the "HIS" in my last post...to clear things up about how he is full of crap....you know?

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
See, I was ACTUALLY working because I ACTAULLY have a job unlike the repugnant minions here who do nothing but blame minorities for their woes while their demon leaders send their jobs to Asia.

I have not bothered to read much of what you siad because most of it is junk anyway.

Just keep it up, tho. I said repugnant were devisive, racist, and backward. Just keep posting for everyone to see how right I am.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I have not bothered to read much of what you siad because most of it is junk anyway.

I said repugnant were devisive, racist, and backward. Just keep posting for everyone to see how right I am.

Sounds like more self projection

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join