It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Has anyone considered the idea of push gravity? It is the notation that gravity is a constant force throughout the universe Push gravity states, gravity is a constant in the universe (maybe a force generated by point particle super strings). It states gravity is a force that pushes on objects not pulls them. Mass creates a gravity shadow in the universal gravity field. It is like holding up an object in front of a flashlight. It creates a shadow. This shadow is the result of the mass blocking some of the light waves. The denser the object the more light it blocks. In push gravity, mass blocks gravity waves. Denser the object more gravity waves it blocks. It’s gravity in reverse. Pushing not pulling. Imagine the universe is in a gravitational equilibrium (I.e. objects float). You float in space. Gravity pushes on you uniformly from every direction. Now place the Earth to your right. The Earth now blocks some of the gravity waves on the right side of you. You are no longer in equilibrium. There are more waves pushing you from the left then the right. You head towards the Earth. Closer you get to Earth, the greater the gravity shadow on your right side becomes, the faster you accelerate towards it. So pretty much, the denser the object is, the more gravity it blocks. Now replace the Earth with something much more dense like a black hole… if the Earth maybe blocks 10% (hypothetical number) of the gravity waves to create an imbalance in universal gravity around it…imagine a blackhole blocks 99%. It would create such a huge imbalance everything would be pushed into it. Just a reverse gravity theory… planets still orbit, gravity fields around planets are not areas of stronger gravity, but of weaker gravity now. Newtonian physics don't change at all, just the reasoning behind it does.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by b309302]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
[edit on 26-9-2007 by b309302]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Push gravity is called 'Le Sage Gravity'. Wikipedia has a page on it to get started: Wikipedia: Le Sage Gravity

I'm going to re-read some and post my own opinion eventually.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Ionized]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This is something I was pondering recently, it's actually a very old idea.

Why should there be intense pressure at the center of the Earth? it is common for people to conceptually measure gravity from the center of a planet, moon or star etc… But this is incorrect since a person standing on the surface of the earth is being pulled from the atoms even on the opposite side of the globe.

A Thought experiment;

So a person standing on the surface of the earth is being influenced by gravity from the atoms to the left, right, front, back and also the atoms on the opposite side of the earth.

Now let us propose that you could take a journey to the center of the earth, you would be surrounded by the mass of the earth equally in every direction, would you not be being pulled in every direction? Almost like a zero g effect.

So why is it in the current mainstream understanding that the heat and energy in the center of the earth is created from the intense pressure from gravity? A push force or repulsive force would explain it.

Here's a few related links.
keelynet.com...
mywebpage.netscape.com...
www.hbci.com...

In my opinion gravity is an electrostatic effect, many experiments show there is a connection between electricity and gravity, The Biefield Brown effect, Faraday discs, Lifters, anomalous effects with super conductors etc...

www.electrogravityphysics.com...
www.padrak.com...
adsabs.harvard.edu...

Also coulumbs law which is used to calculate the force between charges can be used to calculate gravitational force as well, gravity can be replaced with charge and vice versa.

Atoms are simply bundles of charges in different configurations and in different states of resonance, matter itself is electricity. It stands to reason that mass can be effected through electrical resonance.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Squiz I agree with some of your interpretations. I also think it is some form of electromagnetic residual effect with pinching of heavier matter towards 'phase wells' for lack of better wording. I really have nothing to add to your post at this point though, good post!

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
well it's a new idea to me and I like it! I have no opinion as of yet concerning it's actual truth, but it's fun to think about! Would it permit/disallow anything new?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
My physics is way too low a level to really comment on this other than saying that it sounds a perfectly reasonable theory. This is especially true when you consider that things like electricity were misunderstood for ages regarding the flow of electrons resulting in a mis-naming of standard polarities. It doesn't mean that the basic concept is wrong, more that the 'direction' is incorrect.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
This reminds me of an episode of Friends. Phoebe is arguing with Ross about evolution, and Ross says it's as accepted as gravity, to which she replies that lately she's felt that she's not so much being pulled down as pushed. But I thought it was ironic that in all seriousness it's probably true. I saw a show on tv that talked about how mass creates gravity wells caused by an interference in the space-time environment. I'm probably describing this all wrong but anyway, the impression the show gave me was that yes, you've pushed down, not pulled. The more mass, the more the interference, the more pushing together. It makes sense to me intuitively at least.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Reading 'the field' by lynne mctaggart (think i spelled that right), she talks about a theory of 'push gravity' as you describe, fueled by 'zero point energy'-- the energy that comes from the space between particles, more or less. but you can fill in the blanks there with almost anything (dark matter, gluons, the love of jesus christ, the force, whatever) and it still makes more sense and is explained better than conventional gravity. the thing about conventional gravity theories is that nobody can really explain the logic behind them-- gravity just IS, kind of like time just IS-- only people are starting to poke holes in that idea of time. so why not gravity?

i also recalled an experiment cited in a book, where two metal plates, positioned facing eachother, both standing vertically, had a slight attraction to eachother (non-magnetic), supporting the idea of push gravity (since it would push in from all sides, not just 'up', albeit the push from the sides would be much less noticabe, since it more or less balances itself out). however, the distances and forces observed in this experiment were extremely small. i'll see if i can hunt down the book and cite my sources a little better.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by squiz

Center of the earth is zero gravity (except small amount from moon and sun)

The pressure comes from all the stone and rock that is not in zero gravity being pulled, (or pushed if you like) towards the other side across the point in the center.

You are pulled to the center by gravity, but if you reached it you would be equally pulled by all parts as you say. If you stand in the grand Canyon the rocks above you are actually pulling you up, they are just not enough as a ratio to make a difference.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
When we can do the math and truly understand gravity, if we don't in blackops already, this humanity will soar. IMHO

top topics

join