It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy barracks swastika-shaped

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Navy barracks swastika-shaped

www.latimes.com

SWASTIKA?: The buildings, constructed in the 1960s, are on the Coronado amphibious base and serve as a barracks for Seabees. From the ground, or even adjoining buildings, the configuration cannot be seen. Nor are there any civilian or military landing patterns that provide such a view. But Google Earth shows the shape clearly
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com
www.freep.com
www.foxnews.com

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
what do you make of this?... strange for a design if you ask me... other intentions?

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Known about this for awhile now. No idea the reason behind the design.

That shape is found throughout history though. It is just largely associated with the Nazis.

Look at some Buddhist temples for an example.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Here's some links to threads on ATS on this very subject, some with pictures:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I get a kick out of how the MSNBC article on it says the budget is for redoing the walkways, landscaping, and solar panels on the roof. Nothing was said about changing the buildings themselves. Frankly, I think that the only people in the wrong are the reporters who came up with the headlines. The Navy knew full well in 1967 what they looked like, but in all honestly, if you're on foot, do you care?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
What is the agenda of the paper to publish this story now? The buildings are decades old and their design shape has been known for just as long. Why try to make a new story out of it with endless speculation? Slow news day, or reason to elicit and push a certain viewpoint on the general populace…?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Slow news day, or reason to elicit and push a certain viewpoint on the general populace…?

I'm leaning towards the latter. There's been a rash of these sort of reports lately (swastika related). I don't believe in coincidences.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
What is the agenda of the paper to publish this story now?

Because it's a new development. The story isn't that the buildings exist, but that the U.S. Navy has allocated $600,000 to disguise the shape.

This building is very well know thanks to the Internet. It's cropped up on ATS several times before, as well as other sites such as The Register, and Digg. IMO, this exposure has brought it to the attention of people who would otherwise never know of it's existence.

But early this year, the issue was quietly taken up by Morris Casuto, the Anti-Defamation League's regional director in San Diego, and U.S. Rep. Susan Davis (D-San Diego).

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I would be hard pressed to believe that the designer of the building didn't know what he was doing.

Has anyone looked into the designers background, to see if there are any ties to Germany,Nazis, etc?

As far as it stands today, I think where it has been in use since the 60's, why bother to change it now. IMO, it never really sent a 'message' out to anyone, so leave it just as it is.

People who want to believe its some sort of Gov't statement.... well, you've come to the right place.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Grailkeeper

Just a few points I'd like to make.

1. Landscaping is something that is necessary every few years. And depending on the type of job, could likely run $600,000 (which isn't really that much when you think about the grand cost of upkeep on a naval base.)

2. The designer likely knew the swastika was there, but that doesn't mean he himself was a nazi. As a matter of fact, I'm more inclined to believe that the guy designing it may have been attempting to mock the navy by building their baracks in the style of a swastika. Maybe he was a freaky beatnik who had the chance to stick it to the man. Who knows.

new topics

top topics

join