It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isn't Scientology Just a Big Cult?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by annestacey

So true, I even use this myself, when I put on my work close I snap into work attitude. I have attached my rules of social behavior to the clothing. Some odd self created self image thing Very odd, A suit does the same thing. As my shorts and t-shirts do

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Tom Cruise is going to build and underground bunker in CO(I believe). Cult y/n?
If not for protection of what he thinks will go on soon.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

He can link right into Denver International Airport. What a terribly ironic thing to do to the NWO's when they dive for cover 2 miles down.

One NWO'er says to another "Wow we are safe"

Spinning the last time lock on exit, "Yup, the doors are sealed, nobody going to get in now."

Tom Cruise walking down the tunnel, "Hey guys, have you heard of scientology, I brought a DVD of Battlefield earth"

Beating on door hoping to get out, and crying, "Its not fair, its just not fair, finally all the time we need, its just not fair. Let me out... ahhhhh!"

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I'll go with the "Scam, rather than Cult" line. Not all cults are scams.

So, after reading that Wiki, a "Cult" is defined by it's relationship to society, rather than what it does internally. If it is at the fringes of society, if it clashes, then it's a cult.

So, a band of Christians in the middle of a deeply Muslim country could be seen as a cult by those Muslims. Though of course they wouldn't be seen that way by Westerners viewing them from the outside. It's a matter of Relativity.

Where does that leave Scientology? Social Acceptance. Trying to become seen as a normal part of society. I hope it never occurs.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Do you think that they will give new members a discount when they become mainstreamed?..... whahahaa

Maybe when they become as rich as the Vatican...

It does make you wonder how some mainstream religions may have started.

Maybe all it takes is a lot of money and power... like everything else in this world.

Anyway good find.

Check this one out on how sicentology is taking over.
youtube.com...

[edit on 27-9-2007 by ixiy]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
All religions stated as cults until it becomes more accepted it becomes a religion. Religious Studies 101

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

yes... because liking the literary works of a biologist is totally the same as following a belief in the supernatural

sorry, you did nothing but make a baseless ad hom attack.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

haha!
i'm just imagining my self down there with hi constantly talking about scientology... i'd probably kill him after 5 min. but the leader of the NWO deserve it

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I think what defines Scientology as a con for me is the way that they save the really kooky parts until you are well and truely sucked in. It starts off as 'personality testing' and the next thing you know you are working away to remove your past life whatsits. Progress, progress, spend, spend and then they finally let you in on the 'truth' that your weak normal human brain couldn't cope with (until you have done all of the other junk).

I can't remember the details, I read about it and forgot it (operating thetans?) but I think there was a great episode of south park that summed it up best.

Youtube - South Park Guide to Scientology

[edit on 27-9-2007 by EJHoover]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Wow, you didn't have to get so defensive. I'm just saying that there are certain commonly accepted definitions of cults that would encompass hardcore Dawkins fans.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Initially, Islam was treated as a cult, but its rise to major religion status was perhaps the fastest that any belief system has ever experienced.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EJHoover
I think there was a great episode of south park that summed it up best.

Youtube - South Park Guide to Scientology

[edit on 27-9-2007 by EJHoover]

i love that episode! it does sum it up best i love that when they are talking about the origins and on the bottom it says " this is what scientologist actually believe" LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join