It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon defends "flawed" E- voting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Dare I say it? An ideal way to steal an election.Personally,I much prefer just putting a cross next to a name.This can't be an improvement on Chads.............Can it?

The Pentagon has defended its internet voting system after a critical report recommended it should be scrapped.
Four computer experts who reviewed the pilot project said the risks of online voting could not be eliminated.

"It has numerous other fundamental security problems that leave it vulnerable to a variety of well-known cyber attacks," said the report.

The Pentagon is standing by the system, which could be used in November's presidential elections.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Of course they are defending their f#####g system. What were you expecting from them ?

When everything on Earth ( money, votes... ) will be " electronically correct " ( hey, I like this term
) , we will be all screwed. DEEPLY & DEFINITIVELY !!!

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
While it is to be booed in any country, election tampering, it is of global concern when perpatrated by the US.
We can't get the goose step out of our elected Republican officials quick enough to avoid an obvious theft attempt, so it seems. Hopefully you can keep us honest here in the states.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I hope they do bring internet voting into the picture. Then hackers will control the vote, instead of politicians! We'll probably be better off.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I can almost believe in the Loch Ness monster, but I don't believe a damn thing from the Pentagon.

I think their last press release was "Our building is round."

I still bust a gut comparing Private Lynch's personal story to her "offical" personal story.

new topics

top topics

join