It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven CIA Veterans Challenge 9/11 Commission Report

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Seven CIA Veterans Challenge 9/11 Commission Report

www.opednews.com

by Alan Miller

Official Account of 9/11 a “Joke” and a “Cover-up”

September 23, 2007 – Seven CIA veterans have severely criticized the official account of 9/11 and have called for a new investigation. “I think at simplest terms, there’s a cover-up. The 9/11 Report is a joke,” said Raymond McGovern, 27-year veteran of the CIA, who chaired National Intelligence Estimates during the seventies. “There are a whole bunch of unanswered questions. And the reason they’re unanswered is because this administration will not answer the questions,”

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I may be one of the few people on here that does not believe that the government was behind 9/11. I just don't think that they have the imagination to have thought it up, besides that, the number of people involved would have been so large that it would have been leaked by now.

That being said I do believe that the government is involved in a cover up about it. They are doing their best to cover up their own incompetence in letting it happen at all.

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
That being said I do believe that the government is involved in a cover up about it. They are doing their best to cover up their own incompetence in letting it happen at all.

that's quite the perspective... i'm not criticizing, but i am very interested in why you assume they are lying for all the right reasons? Why lie at all in the first place, unless something illegal has taken place?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

that's quite the perspective... i'm not criticizing, but i am very interested in why you assume they are lying for all the right reasons? Why lie at all in the first place, unless something illegal has taken place?

There was advance warning of something being planned....perhaps because of these "imperial ambitions", security procedures were somewhat relaxed, or less effort was given to the capture of the terrorists than could have been?

It would give them the pretext they needed for the War on Some Forms of Terror, without them having to get their hands dirty at all. Perhaps some of the administrations own in-house analysts suspected the CIA of overstating the case for a devestating terrorist attack, that the administration expected some panic and dead people, but the excuse it needed overrode such concerns.

If there were evidence that 9/11 could have been avoided but was allowed to happen, that there was a level of collusion within the government, then that would be worth lying over.

Just for the record, I am undecided over 9/11. I've seen arguments of both sides and I'd still be cautious venturing any opinion on it. The above is a hypothetical, and a rough one at that.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Kaliayev]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yeah, the government would like nothing more than for it's citizens to chalk 9/11 up to just mere incompetence.

The problem is getting stories like this into the major media. Until that happens these stories will be nothing but inconsequential threats to 'them'.

Peace

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I dont really believe (at this time) that the US government was behind 9/11, but i certainly believe they knew it was comming and did nothing to stop it. I think it suited their agenda all too well to let a chance like that slip by them.

As for this article, I dont know what to make of it just yet. I guess another person fighting for answers is better than another fighting to keep them hidden.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
I dont really believe (at this time) that the US government was behind 9/11, but i certainly believe they knew it was comming and did nothing to stop it.

I'm sorry, but that's one in the same IMO.

That's not even considering the buildings falling like they did, the miraculous stunt flying by untrained pilots, and all camera footage disappearing from around the Pentagon.

Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I'm sorry, but that's one in the same IMO.

That's not even considering the buildings falling like they did, the miraculous stunt flying by untrained pilots, and all camera footage disappearing from around the Pentagon.

Peace

Nah i dont think they are exactly the same.

Government behind it = Government planned, trained, co-ordinated, and perpetrated it
Government Knowledge but refusal to do anything = No planning on the side of government officials to attack US civilians, etc etc.

Im not saying that one is less of a crime than the other, I just think the level of invlovement is different.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I just don't think that they have the imagination to have thought it up, besides that, the number of people involved would have been so large that it would have been leaked by now.

Well, we're supposed to believe that the imagination of some allegedly uncivilized human beings living in a cave in a third world country were able to do it - why not an all powerful government with all powerful technology and an all powerful military?

And 19 of those uncivilized cave dwelling men were allegedly able to pull it off - so why would the number need to be much greater within the US Government?

Not to mention that we have mercenary groups like Blackwater USA who will do anything for money. It really wouldn't be hard.

As for people believing they let it happen rather than doing it themselves - like Dr Love said - they're one in the same.

If you watch someone kill another, and you do nothing about it, and participate in covering up the evidence, even though you didn't kill the person, are you not just as guilty - or at least - should be subjected to some form of punishment for your role?

[edit on 9/26/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaliayev
If there were evidence that 9/11 could have been avoided but was allowed to happen, that there was a level of collusion within the government, then that would be worth lying over.

i understand that, but the OP was implying that the lies were to cover up 'incompetence.'

i think thats a dangerous outlook.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
That is indeed my opinion. They either knew it was going to happen and let it for political gain or they heard that it was in the works and didn't believe it and as such let it happen. So what do they do? They hide behind the we didn't know either mantra to mask their incompetence.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Your assertion that these people who did this were uncivilized cave dwellers is totally wrong.

You do not pull off what they did without a significient degree of sophistication.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
security was not relaxed i know for a fact that 5 bomb dogs from the mcas beaufort were sent to the world trade just two weeks prior to the attack. i know this because my mother is a budget anylist for them and was the head of finance when the attack happened. i believe what mommy tells me although you dont have to..

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The buildings were demoed, physics does not allow for a building to drop at freefall speed. Into the path of most resistance for that matter. Even with that aside Building 7 just fell down by itself right, because it was in the area, like a block away, across a street?

There was an unprecedented security shutdown just before the fateful day for 'computer' overhaul, requiring all cams and such to be off for a weekend. And who was in charge of the security outfit for the towers, Securacom or something?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I may be one of the few people on here that does not believe that the government was behind 9/11. I just don't think that they have the imagination to have thought it up, besides that, the number of people involved would have been so large that it would have been leaked by now.

Grove,
you are not the only one. That is about what I believe also. I doubt the whole truth will ever be know, but then again if the whole truth were to ever come out I doubt most of the people on this site would believe it any way.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
My 'beliefs' are based on the scientific rules that would have had to have been broken to make the story of 911 be true. You cannot toss aside cornerstone laws of physics to fit an agenda.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The elections are growing closer.

I at first thought this was something new. It is just a recompilation of existing stories. There will be many articles like this from the Left as the elections approach.

No new information. Just a lot of name dropping. More hate to tear the Country apart I'm afraid.

A decent person would be out of their minds to run for office. Very sad.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Here, i think, is a BRILLIANT reply to that 'assumption'. This YOUTUBE video (watch all of them if you wish, they're fairly informative) explains VERY clearly that the gouvenment had thought up this EXACT senario a year earlier

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Well the problem is if you say the government was in on it, you have to ask yourself which government? If there was a conspiracy I very much doubt the civilian government was in on it. As others have said it would have been impossible to keep it secret. Rather if the 'government' was in on it, it was probably done by the 'shadow government' or some rogue black op.s group.

No doubt the easiest way to accomplish their goals would be to simply prevent the authorities from acting on the available intelligence.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It's good to hear that more former intelligence officials who understand the inner workings of the government are coming forward and saying the official report is a lie.

Maybe someday the world will know the truth, I doubt it, but you never know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join