It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archbishop claims European-made condoms are infected with HIV deliberately.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Archbishop claims European-made condoms are infected with HIV deliberately.

news.bbc.co.uk

The head of the Catholic Church in Mozambique has told the BBC he believes some European-made condoms are infected with HIV deliberately.

Maputo Archbishop Francisco Chimoio claimed some anti-retroviral drugs were also infected "in order to finish quickly the African people".

The Catholic Church formally opposes any use of condoms, advising fidelity within marriage or sexual abstinence.

Aids activists have been angered by the remarks, one calling them "nonsense".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
WOW, this is a really bizarre statement and sure to inflame people around the world - his thinking is that Europe is deliberately infecting people with HIV through the use of condoms!
He also trots out the catholic party line about abstention not condoms being the best defense against HIV - but surely he could have thought up a better way of getting his point across than this!

He alleges that he knows of 2 european countries that deliberately manufacture infected condoms for use in africa.

I think this guy amy have lost his marbles - then again he may be telling the truth and has uncovered a conspiracy - but he provides no proof - only standard catholic rhetoric.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

More background info:
news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 26/9/2007 by budski]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Obviously this guy is misinformed to the greatest degree in regards to how AIDS is transmitted. As far as I know condoms only lower the risk of transmission, not eliminate it or spread it... unless they're using used condoms, I can't see how any company could manufacture condoms that would transmit AIDS, maybe I'm too naive, or maybe this guy is just a little cuckoo.

And wouldn't it be easy to prove if a company is manufacturing AID laced condoms??? Just send unopened condoms to be tested for the virus??

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

My thoughts exactly - I really do think that this guy is off his rocker, but saw no harm in mentioning the conspiracy angle that he brought up - that europe wants to "finish africa off" by spreading HIV through the use of infected condoms - and of course in his eyes, thats why the WHO and others promotes the use of them.

apc

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
HIV can not survive in an unused condom. It has a hard enough time surviving in a used one...

This guy is a nut.

Perverse comment withheld.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I guess the use of condoms has not had the desired effect for
AIDS reduction, so he's taking this step in desperation. I wonder
how his boss, the Catholic church, views his statements and strategy?

new topics

top topics

join