It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gates seeks $190 billion for to cover war expenses in 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Gates seeks $190 billion for to cover war expenses in 2008

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Robert Gates will ask Congress Wednesday to approve nearly $190 billion for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan in 2008, increasing initial projections by more than a third.

In remarks prepared for a Senate hearing, Gates says the extra money is necessary to buy vehicles that can protect troops against roadside bombs, refurbish equipment worn down by combat and consolidate U.S. bases in Iraq. A copy of the remarks was obtained by The Associated Press.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This request increases the amount projected by nearly 33%. The money is needed for procurment of mine resistant vehicles and more importantly replacing equipment worn down by the pace of operations in both theatres. That is one hidden cost we have yet to realize. A huge chunk of equipment will bascialy be worn out and require replacement adding untold billions to costs down the road. That is above an beyond the cost in human terms as well.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yes, he forgot to add that the 190 billions is also to pay the haliburton eating monster. . .

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I always hear that the fed just writes blank cheques anyway, they have an unlimited supply of money, do they not. Remember they get money from nothing so they can spend what they want, at least that is the system the people in power assume it is.

I know the reasons before anyone starts explaining the system, lol.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Most of the funding for the war in Iraq comes from the foreign nations that buys big chunks of the US debt in the form of T-bills and US bonds, China is now the one buying our debt, before China it was Japan.

new topics

top topics

join