It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Garlic as mosquito repelant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I heard a tale that if you eat garlic, mosquitos will leave you alone. I was wondering if mashing up garlic and applying it to skin,would repel mosquitos? I know a guy would reek like garlic, but hey if it works , is good for you, what is the harm?? I find the over the counter wood repelants as having a designed chemical reaction with the human body that seems to be toxic.
DWT

[edit on 26-9-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Well considering the amount of garlic eaten daily in Thailand, Vietnamand other surrounding countries they have roughly the same amount of malaria as other countries.

***SNIP***

Mod Edit - Inappropriate content.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by lombozo]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
If you passed me stinking from head to toe with garlic I'd give you a very wide berth, lol.I watched a gardening prog. last night. The plant Lemon Balm is supposed to repel midges etc., and it smells nicer. You just rub a bundle of the leaves over your exposed skin. Bog Myrtle or Lavender is supposed to keep them away too.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by wigit]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Once the deadly Italian mosquito catches wind of you, your dead meat for sure!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
All I know is I like to eat roasted garlic a lot, and the only thing it repels is my woman!

When people say "smells like a dirty sock", they're pretty much right on the money.

I'm sure as far as the thread topic goes, the garlic has to be raw-ish still.

Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
You're better off growing lemon grass in your garden. The oil from that is citronella, which is a natural mosquito repellent. Plus, it's edible.

new topics

top topics

join