It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Riot blog from Burma with Pictures

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Not sure from where that news comes. Some people on cb's seem to have contact once in a while with relatives. It's also been said that in enighbouring countries, satelites etc are aimed on burma in order to try and recive calls and make it possible to use wireless. But it's quite impossible to check it if thats true or not. Another blog says that some posters on these cb's are people from the Junta. So some info might be false.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Burma News CB:

Ko Hla: Right now, the Pan-soe-dan flyover bridge is closed down. The Maha-Ban-doo-la Road is only open up to La-tha Street, beyond La-Tha Street to Sule Pagoda is closed down. There are clashes between protesters and troops - as the troops threaten to open fire. So far there is NO shooting yet. Since UN envoy, Mr. Gambari, is going to have a meeting with Senior General Maung Aye, the troops will NOT open fire for sure.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Drozla

Ok Drozla, thanks

Yes, I think that might well be correct...I could easily see the Junta posting to these blogs in order to mis-inform and confuse people...Probably also to try and identify some of the people posting to the CB * blog...

Peace

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
There was just a message that Than Swe is put under house arrest.
And that the guy from 33rd division who spoke to an interviewer was not a general but a colonel.

-88-sis: than shwe is in house arrest. (တင္းကုတ္ arrest)

zero: The one who phoned DVB is colonel,net general. It seems to be real.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
SA: A reliable news from Norway that a colonel from the Burma Army who is trying to seek asylum in Norway

SA: It is just announced by the radio and Tv

(perhaps that same colonel from 33rd?)
if I recall correct DVB is located in Norway.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by Drozla]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
ဗမာ: naingoo: they 45 bus (hino) cover with white paper there they carry soldier, USDA, swan arr shin, police they use buses today. not truck

Seems to imply Army is trying to move to and from locations without being seen by UN convoy.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Who do they mean with DOGS in the cb's? The people ruling? Or army?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
From Myochitmyanmar CB :
****: Military are the same, we dont want to have another arrnarshin, let rid out all this time
29 Sep 07, 03:22
mmn: another news in mawlamyine.
29 Sep 07, 03:21
ဗမာ: The group had gathered on the Pansoedan bridge in downtown Rangoon, and as soon as they started to clap their hands, the security forces swooped and began attacking them, they said. They beat people so badly. I wonder how these people can bear it. I saw the security forces arrest about five people on the streets,” said one Rangoon resident who witnessed the scene.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I didn't realise how deeply involved in Myanmar the hopelessly corrupt and evil Lee family of Singapore was...

Web of cash, power and cronies...

Seems we should be asking Singapore to have a quiet word to Myanmar's powers that be, rather than relying on China to do so...

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

I've been to Singapore.
Man it was tidy! Even India town was clean. You could do brain surgery on the street without risks.
But it is total dictatorship, yes. But a tidy one!

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
mizzimaburmese.blogspot.com...

Video on here, can clearly hear military shoot.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Admin: A crucial UN mission to meet with detained democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi is facing failure after generals refuse access

From Mmedwatch

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
MMEDWATCH cb:

29 Sep 07, 17:29
Admin: A crucial UN mission to meet with detained democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi is facing failure after generals refuse access

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Site with news in English :
www.mizzima.com...

Seems a company of the right hand of 1st man was shut down.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
News from Mizzima:

(Burmese Standard Time) 4:00 p.m
Tayza owned Htoo company shut-down

Senior General Than Shwe's right hand man business tycoon Tayza owned Htoo trading company shut-down its operations since yesterday after giving two months salaries to its staff.

"After giving us two month's salary, we were asked not to come to office. They told us to contact the company in November," a staff working at the Htoo company told Mizzima.

3:50 p.m
Number of protesters increase in Rangoon

With more people joining in, protesters in Rangoon have swelled to more than 10,000. As security forces continue to beat and crackdown, protestors flee shouting slogans and again gather in different places. Troops stood about 50 metres from the protesters. As the clapping of the protesters reverberates the army is getting ready to open fire.

Soldiers open fire on protestors near Sanpya cinema hall. The number of injuries and casualties remained unconfirmed.

Kyaikkasan Road killing field

A letter sent from Rangoon, titled "Killings on September 27," said many protesters were killed on Kyaikkasan Road near State High School No. 3 at about 3 p.m. on Thursday.

"When the protesters were marching to the North, the army blocked the intersection near Super One Supermarket. When the protesters turned back to the South, then another group of soldiers blocked the road near Tarmway Junction. The troops hit and removed three leading protesters holding flags. Then they opened fire on the protesters from both sides," the letter added.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
They seem to be quite agitated suddenly on the cb's but its in Burmese.

Damn hope that report about the firing from 2 sides is not correct. That's so lame..

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Drozla

Sorry for double-posting what you just posted. You win this time Drozla, but I will be back!

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Mmedwatch cb:

29 Sep 07, 17:40
Anti-Junta: i just called my home in Yangon, and my friend said that everything is fine now... and that even taxis are doing business as usual... that's funny...

How well does that go with other info from Yangon?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Do not know, Yangon was said to be "cleared" by Army etc. 2 nights ago and y'day. So might be that Junta has taken control again there?

This comes from Myochitmyanmar CB :
Rob Huff: Hi, Im a Lecturer in International Politics at Uni of Surrey. In contact with senior journos in field and activists. Than Shwe's daughter is reported to have been ferried out of country 'for safety' Thursday. She has a condo in Singapore.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Burma-Myanmar Genocide:

Anti-Riot Division Anti-Riot Troops
MMedWatch: A dedicated group of anti-riot troops was formed within Brigate-77 led by Col. Thein Han under Minister Aung Thaung and General Htay Oo's supervision.

Agricultural Minister General Maung Oo and Minister of Information Brig. General Kyaw San is specially in charge of arresting monks at night.

I heard that Than Shwe's wife and daughter are in Dubai. Got detailed info yesterday, even the hotelroom they stay in. See earlier posts.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join