It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Riot blog from Burma with Pictures

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
latest from the cbox...

Admin: URGENT: Army is currently entering almost all the monastries in Yangon now and shooting the people.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
I cropped one of the blog pics:

I see one victim lying on the street, a couple of others are being attacked by the police I suspect, and it appears that there is a soldier carrying a rifle.

It appears that this could be the Japanese photographer murdered yesterday, I located another pic which shows the man on the ground, camera in hand and the soldier standing over him with his rifle.

I will check on the burmanews cb and post updates Raud,

thanks for your efforts in informing us.
This makes me sick.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Another box clains internet has been cut off in Yangon.

28 Sep 07, 08:49
*---*: now in yangon can not use internet,, only this way let them to know

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Drozla]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Latest info posted on Burma news CB

29 Sep 07, 00:09
Admin: Phone numbers of American Embassy in Ygn : 379880, 379881, 379883, 370963, 370964, 370965

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Doh, all I had to do was look at Daedalus3's news thread,

For info and discussion on the murdered Japanese photographer check out the thread:

Japanese journalist gunned down by Burmese Troops!

note: nothing new on Burma News CB

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
latest disturbing post from Burma news CB:

29 Sep 07, 00:46
Admin: URGENT : We implore to everyone to forward that brutal act link. It shows the brain of a young boy who was beaten to death with an iron rod by the soldiers.

29 Sep 07, 00:41
Admin: burmamyanmargenocide.blogspot.com... Check the picture of brutal act by burmese soldiers

****WARNING: EXTREMELY DISTURBING & GRAPHIC PHOTO AT THE LINK****

What is the UN for, if they can't stop these atrocities..

[edit on 2007/9/28 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
from the blog linked in my previous post:

***REMINDER, the link in my previous post has VERY GRAPHIC IMAGE***

28 Sep 07 - Myo Thant: AMERICAN JOURNALIST DEAD? Several internet sources says An American news reporter (in green shirt and blue jeans) [Click to see photo.] was also shot. His dead/wounded body was taken away by the Burmese soldiers. An analyst says all traces of this tragic man could be eliminated. We're seeking hotels and travel agencies if they knew this man.

this is the pic of the photographer the blogger was referring to in the post:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Latest messages on Burma News CB:

29 Sep 07, 01:18
Admin: URGENT : From internal source: It is heard that the junta has set a plot to assassinate the most senior venerable monks (Sanga Maha Naryaka) tonight as if it is done by the monks involved in the protest.

29 Sep 07, 01:17
Admin: From internal source: It is heard that the junta has set a plot to assassinate the most senior venerable monks (Sanga Maha Naryaka) tonight as if it is done by the monks involved in the protest.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Latest from Burma news CB

this could be BIG

29 Sep 07, 01:43
Admin: Go to this link for more details www.newsdeskspecial.co.uk...

29 Sep 07, 01:43
Admin: Military sources in Rangoon are claiming that the regime's number two, General Maung Aye (right), has staged a coup against Than Shwe, and that his troops are now guarding Aung San Suu Kyi's home. A meeting between him and Suu Kyi is expected. Maung Aye is army commander-in-chief and a renowned pragmatist.

Coup taking place?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
That coup news was posted earlier today aswel but was nowhere confirmed.
2 divisions are said to be on the demonstrators side.

I doubt they'd go as far to kill that Senior Monk as it could possibly cause more uproar because of the status the monks have.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
doubts as to the news of a coup attempt and a theory that it is a plan to fool the UN envoy who is going to the region:

soneseayar.blogspot.com... CB on blog

29 Sep 07, 01:02
koo: I think they can easily deceive un envoy.. or they'll offer something which gambari couldn't refuse.

cc: ya i think so Halo

Halo: Why Mg Aye did that?Is that part of their trap?

29 Sep 07, 01:01
Halo: Hey guys wht's happening?It's very stange

29 Sep 07, 00:58
burmese: it is very unlikely that No.2 desposed No.1

29 Sep 07, 00:57
burmese: treat that news as a false alert...

29 Sep 07, 00:57
88yebaw: fight until we win, dont give up

These people see this as a setup..

Here is the link to an english website from the Democratic Voice of Burma news.

edit:sp

[edit on 2007/9/28 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
In general less news seem to come out. On other sites I've read they (Junta) where trying to shut down everything as much as possible after some things where back up.

But isn't it night there at the moment? Which could also explain why there is more silence.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
What exactly caused the protesting against the government?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

Thanks for the link. It's amazing how much real news is breezed over by our media. I am becoming more reliant on the internet and bloggers for the real news of the day. And real discussion and not just well fomulated talking points that have no real point.Check out Harry Neilson circa 1975? The Point - it has an age old point. Fun mental gymanstics and great songs- the lighter side of philosophy.
Back on point

There have been serious cracks in our social foundations. Human rights has become enslaved instead of freed in the last few decades around the world. It seemed we were finally making progress globally in the '90's and sudddenly terrorism hits an all time high. ( I do remember the '70's well ) . Why can we never be with out a foe? We should have struck hard & fast at the camps in afghanistan and left it at that. Put a bounty on the leaders heads and waited for the capture, then feeding them to those they have oppressed - the women in their country, the other religion- let them handle their downfall. Then their 'martyrdom is minimalized" - we should have slapped the little sh*ts and moved on. I am not minimalizing the loss of 9/11, but really it was a sucker punch- not the dead blow. But it has spiraled into a slow cancereous demise of our country as we knew it. And soon if we're smart WE will be doing exactly what the Buddhist monks and students and citizens are doing right now. Not jus tfor ourselves- we have an added responsiblity- WEe have the most powerful military toys available to man. And for our 'children' (have none) will be in debt to their asses until they die too- we may have sold their futures to China ( human commodity)
So write the UN, don't waste your time on our 'leaders' they're useless in all matters of state. if they get involved the old Murphy's Law will kick in- "if anything can go wrong, it will". WE must speak at a higher- more reputatable then our current gov't(it's all relative Now- who to trust & not trust- I'm going with the UN- sorry detractors.
These separate battles for freedom and equality are difficult to win becaue they are easy to ignore- Let's put the UN to task and put their money where their ideological conception began- a voice for mankind in the sea of Governmental doctrines.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
What exactly caused the protesting against the government?
Apparently they increased prices for fuel etc. Which was the drop.

heres a link : news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Drozla]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Someone on a blog :

Nickname: UN envoy Gambari's plane will be delayed or canceled and Maung Aye will pretend to meet with Daw Suu while one of his chosen bodyguards will assassinate her.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The Burma news CB has been silent since posting the message of the possible coup. I hope they are ok.

There is a CB on this blog, the blog is mainly in the local language but there are some english posts in the CB.

The quote in the post above mine is from that CB ^

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I just found this from the soneseayar.blogspot.com... CB:

29 Sep 07, 07:35
KABOOM: The idiot military gov't may be able to cut off the internet but they can't do anything about the satelite photos that provide evidence to their massive abuse! www.cnn.com...

29 Sep 07, 07:34
salai: International bloggers are preparing an action to support the peaceful revolution in Burma. We want to set a sign for freedom and show our sympathy for these people who are fighting their cruel regime

You have to love their spirit!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
News sites are now picking up on the supposed defection of army troops, details remain sketchy though.
Link

Reports from Rangoon suggest soldiers are mutinying. It is unclear the numbers involved. Reports cite heavy shooting in the former Burmese capital.
The organisation Helfen ohne Grenzen (Help without Frontiers) is reporting that "Soldiers from the 66th LID (Light Infantry Divison) have turned their weapons against other government troops and possibly police in North Okkalappa township in Rangoon and are defending the protesters. At present unsure how many soldiers involved."

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
ko-htike.blogspot.com... has also been recently updated. The latest post is a single image of the body of a young man/boy.

Also, post to an english version ofd Japanese news saying that a locally reporter contracted by a Japanese news service has been detained. Video Link

Edit to add:
Myo Chit has an open letter on the blog. Perhaps we could help out by forwarding that letter to our own political leaders.
Open Letter

[edit on 28-9-2007 by ilandrah]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join