It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Riot blog from Burma with Pictures

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
That is all for me now. Myanmar is sleeping.

Hopefully my request to give BetterMyanmar an applause will go through. He did more than 50% of the work. Great thanks to pyrolwin also. The translations have been a great help in keeping the news flowing.

I will not be here to update anymore tomorrow, so you have to scout out the news yourselves. Check out the chat at cgiirc.blitzed.org... channel #burma
This is the place I am talking about when I write "cgiirc".
I might be back later next week, but I am unsure. I have some things to take care of. Hope you understand.

I have a feeling that the whole deal with Myanmar will be ok in the end. As you attack the monks and desecrate so disgustingly...you have sealed your destiny. This can't pass. There will be no more junta after this, it is not possible anymore.

I thank each and everyone of you for reading these posts. Don't forget about this just because some new conflict rises out there, this one is different and must be closely observed.

Peace to all.
/Raud

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Look's like Burma is going to get some help from an old friend.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

I agree, Raud...

BetterMyanmar, Drozla, DWT at the beginning...And just as importantly, you, my friend, all deserve applause and praise for getting this info out into the wider world...

Blessings to all of you, and lets hope what you guys have done opens a lot of peoples eyes as to what is happening in this nation and galvanise people around the world into action

If you're Australian, don't fly Singapore Airlines, and don't use Optu$ wherever you can....

Peace and much respect to all named

EDIT--

Sorry forgot to mention pyrolwin, blessings to you my friend, you are a gun, to be sure...Peace and well done

[edit on 30-9-2007 by Rilence]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Looks like Army is raiding Monasteries again

From Ko-Htike :

30 Sep 07, 18:06
Luu: if internet shutdown means they r going to raid people house and monstaries

30 Sep 07, 18:10
someone: army is clearing monks ... they raid many monestery ... thar tha nar phyet nay p ... ta yar; lon tal ... sauk yuu; tway aone; hnauk ma shi tae' kg tway

[edit on 30-9-2007 by Drozla]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Russian Navy ship entered a port in Burma according to someone. Unclear what they are doing there. some say the Junta ordered some tanks before protests broke out. Would be extremely idiotic if they deliver those now..
Also not confirmed, so might be rumor or simply untrue.

sparks: And from internal source, one ship from RU navy arrived to Thi La War Port on Last Friday. Believed to send the Tanks what na a pha baught from RU.

sparks: The Ship arrived to Thilawar port last friday morning.

This was from Mmedwatch.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
In the South East rebels attacked Burmese Army and are stepping up the number of attacks as the Army moves troops to the center of the country.
Source

Includes a Video report.

More speculation wether or not Nr1's Family was brought to Dubai for safety reasons.

Source

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Look this funny stories from junta..

www.myanmar.com...

NAY PYI TAW, 26 Sept � The government has been striving day and night together with the people for the emergence of a peaceful, modern and developed discipline-flourishing democratic nation.

As the government has been endeavouring to ensure stability of State, community peace, the rule of law and national development that are the main requirements, the national races in all regions are practically enjoying the fruits of national peace and development.

However, saboteurs from inside and outside the nation and some foreign radio stations, who are jealous of national peace and development, have been making instigative acts through lies to cause internal instability and civil commotion. Hence, some members of the Sangha, anti-government groups and saboteurs were staging protest walks.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Yeah, was already told by people in those CB's that it could be funny to read that. How they expect the world to believe that crap is beyond me. We've seen the video's and pictures. Unfortunately, this stuff is what the people get to see on TV , the people there I mean. That is, apart from some soap - series that aren't harming the Gov.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yeah, that is even worst that the bold and the beautiful

I tuned my satellite dish in thurday evening and now i could look MRTV3(junta tv)..terrible #..
Are they really in this world?

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Top 2 didn't even bother to talk the the UN Convoy... thats how much they give about the opinion of the UN and it's members according link below.

Imo it's time to let them reconsider that by slapping them back to the cave they belong in. if it's true of course. Taking everything with a pinch of salt.

Source

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Ngwe Kyar Yan Abbot Replaced

Myo Thant: After the brutal attack at Ngwe Kyar Yan Buddhist Monastery by the dictator's troops 3 days ago, the Abbot (chief monk) has now passed away.

source

China telling Junta to stop the crackdown according this site :

Source

Prime Minister Lee of Singapore expresses concerns and wrote to Junta that they should stop the crack down. Letter is sent from Singapore as they hold the ASEAN chair.

Source

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Reporters being arrested in Rangoon.
Source

And concern grows about fate of atleast 700 Monks and unknown amount of civilians.

Source

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
1 Oct 07, 01:10
Marijn: Thousands of protesters are dead and the bodies of hundreds of executed monks have been dumped in the jungle, a former intelligence officer for Burma's ruling junta has revealed.

1 Oct 07, 01:15
Marijn: Reports from other exiles along the frontier confirmed that hundreds of monks had simply ' disappeared' as 20,000 troops swarmed around Rangoon yesterday to prevent further demonstrations by religious

From the CB

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Thousands of protesters are dead and the bodies of hundreds of executed monks have been dumped in the jungle, a former intelligence officer for Burma's ruling junta has revealed.

The most senior official to defect so far, Hla Win, said: 'Many more people have been killed in recent days than you've heard about. The bodies can be counted in several thousand.'

Source
Thanks to an unknown author in ko-htike's CB for the source.

Khin Ohmar, the head of the Thailand-based Asia-Pacific People's Partnership on Burma, said she had heard from witnesses that "more than 100 were shot down at Tam We high school in Rangoon" but the number of deaths could not be confirmed.

Source
Thanks to Marijn for giving the source in ko-htike's CB.

Premier Wen, for his part, said that China is very much concerned with the situation in Myanmar. China hopes that all parties concerned in Myanmar show restraint, resume stability through peaceful means as soon as possible, promote domestic reconciliation and achieve democracy and development, he said. The international community needs to offer constructive assistance for the final settlement of the Myanmar problem, he added.

Source
Thanks to NL for giving the source in ko-htike's CB.

Ethnic rebels in southeastern Burma said Sunday they had attacked a column of troops on their way to reinforce the military government’s crackdown on pro-democracy protesters in Rangoon and other Burmese cities, FRANCE 24’s Cyril Payen reports.

Source

Junta ‘shows disdain for international opinion’; resident talks of bloodbath in Rangoon

Burma’s two junta leaders, General Than Shwe and his deputy, General Maung Aye, both snubbed UN special envoy Ibrahim Gambari when he flew to their sealed-off capital, Naypyidaw, today for talks to solve the crisis now shaking the country, writes Edward Loxton from Thailand.

Source

If parts of the international community feel powerless, they shouldn't. All that the people of Burma are asking of them is to speak with one voice. If this junta has survived for the past 19 years maltreating its people, it is partly because it has exploited international divisions.

Source

Dear Readers,

The Irrawaddy's main Web site was infected with a virus beginning on September 27. Rest assured, you can not receive a virus because of viewing our Web site. It is safe.

To allow quicker access by readers, we have temporarily suspended the monthly print magazine and archive sections of the Web site. We will inform you when our Web site has returned to normal operation.

Thank you for your support and understanding.

Source

Satellite images confirm reports earlier this year of burned villages, forced relocations and other human rights abuses in Myanmar, scientists said today.

The American Association for the Advancement of Science said the high-resolution photographs taken by commercial satellites document a growing military presence at 25 sites across eastern Myanmar, matching eyewitness reports.

"We found evidence of 18 villages that essentially disappeared," AAAS researcher Lars Bromley said in an interview.

Source

[edit on 30-9-2007 by BetterMyanmar]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I had hope to wake up to the news that Gambari had made some difference, at least curtailing the violence. But this is terrible.
More and more news outlets seem to be dropping the story from their front page even as these kind of reports are leaking out.
We need to do all we can to apply pressure to our leaders, to China and India and the UN. I am also emailing the article to my local media outlets and asking them why they are ignoring the crisis there.
I don't know what else to do.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I have started a seperate thread to discuss the possibility of live, injured protesters being burned to death in gas chambers on the 29th (yesterday).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So far the internet is buzzing with just one eye witness account and I would like to use the above mentioned thread to gather sources on that specific subject; confirm/deny and discuss the details... then report back here.

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Thousands of protesters are dead and the bodies of hundreds of executed monks have been dumped in the jungle, a former intelligence officer for Burma's ruling junta has revealed.

The most senior official to defect so far, Hla Win, said: 'Many more people have been killed in recent days than you've heard about. The bodies can be counted in several thousand.'

So urce1
Source2
Thanks to Marijn to give me more sources to confirm that this is true.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Myanmar Foreign Minister Nyan Win apologized to Japan for the death of a Japanese journalist during anti-government protests in Myanmar (Burma), but did not admit the man had been shot, Japanese government officials said.

Nyan Win was responding to a complaint from Japan's Foreign Minister Masahiko Komura about the death of Kenji Nagai, 50.

The representative of Myanmar's military junta did not admit or deny Nagai had been shot dead in the street, however.

Dramatic footage of what is thought to be the photojournalist's final moments have been widely broadcast.

The two ministers met on Friday (Saturday Japan time) at United Nations headquarters in New York.

A conversation between Burmese Foreign Minster Nyan Win and Japanese Foreign Minster Masahiko Komura can be found in source below.
Source
Thanks to Marijn for posting that link in ko-htike.blogspot.com chatbox.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
From ko-htike.blogspot.com... chatbox. Author - Breaking News.

Breaking News: Now Near Sagine and Kachin pyinae.. Domenstic attack is being started recently.. The soliders attack.... Got news form Near military

The author, Breaking News, is giving news without sources. So, please disregard this post and scroll down to other posts.

[edit on 30-9-2007 by BetterMyanmar]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Author - myochit. From myochitmyanmar.blogspot.com chatbox. Translation - BetterMyanmar

Thai Nation TV aired the dead body of a monk floating in Yangon River.

Burmese people are extremely oppressed right now. Military Junta is trying to hold false protests with fake monks.

According to DVB (democratic voice of Burma) reports, about two hundreds bodies were burned at Yay Way crematorium. Some witnesses said some of those bodies were still alive. When crematorium staffs reported to army officer about that, he was told that it is an order and he had to do it. Unconfirmed reports indicate that hundreds of anti-junta protestors were either brutally shot or beaten to death by the military troops and riot police in Yangon.

Source

Death List
Thanks to BlackArrow in myochitmyanmar's blog for giving source.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join