It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Riot blog from Burma with Pictures

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
To be honest, i think they are #ed. Leaders in the world aren't reacting.
They are pretty much left in the cold.

Electricity in yangong cut off.

xxxx: now, 7.45PM YGN time, (may be) the whole YGN is black-out from electriciyt. Pls, inquiry for the reason asap, pls.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Drozla

Thats just insane, Droz...Cutting off the electricity @ 7.45 pm without good reason...Disgusting...

And yes, it is totally appalling that the UN has sat on its hands for over a week with this issue...

Something must be done...A couple of nations within the security council (who shall remain nameless and anonymous) need to put a lot more pressure on the Myanmar regime, Singapore and China in order to achieve a peaceful outcome to this situation...

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
China will veto pretty much everything. And none is going to go in if China does not agree. So.. the only chance they have is to do it by themselves. Considering they dont have weapons nor guerilla (sp :S) groups, they need to fight with bare hands against bullets, canons and whatnot. Outcome is predictable if that happens. Unless a big part of the Army joins their cause.

China is profiting from the Junta. Amongst other countries. Junta sells cheap, they probably do not want to lose their good deals.

Putting pressure on China is a joke. Since when did that help anyone or anything? Remember Tien An Men. Remember the followers of Falun Gong who are massively being detained and used as living organ donors in China organharvestinvestigation.net...) . Protests, threats to boycott Olympics etc all did not help. They still continue.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Drozla

Yes, you are right, given the junta is a big customer of China...And as far as Falun Gong goes, there has been anecdotal reports of members being harassed by Chinese loyalists here in Australia over the past 10 yrs...

Sad, really...

Yes, there needs to be a major split in the armed forces to successfully resolve this matter...

And today, we have seen some small hope, with several factions of the military (reportedly) at odds with each other...

Me, I can only go to bed shortly and hope that something will give as I sleep, and common sense will prevail...

Or the UN envoy will perhaps be able to see some truths as to what is going on (fat chance, I know...but eh, a guy can hope...)

Maybe early in the new week, once Gambari has a chance to asses the situation as best a possible (again, i know, wishful thinking knowing the junta) perhaps the UN might get off its hands and do something productive for a change....

Me, I'm hoping and praying for this...Given armed opposition isn't an option for the people of Myanmar

Thanks again for all your efforts Drozla

Peace

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
YYYuk: I called Yangon afew mins ago, they fired over head, not to the crowed. They used the silence weapons to kill people such as iron sticks.

From Ko-htike's CB.

And more :

SG: I just received sms... DASSK is release in 11:00am to her house...tommorow she will protest together with us...who can confirm this..it is alot of fake new ..these day..

[edit on 29-9-2007 by Drozla]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
From DVB through BetterMyanmar at cgiirc:
People are also demonstrating in Denmark. People from Denmark really felt sorry for the people in Myanmar. The people from Denmark shouted "UN to intervene Myanmar". They wear traditional clothes. All wearing T-Shirts with Aung San Suu Kyi Picture.

(similar events taking place in Helsinki, Finland according to earlier broadcast /Raud)

From ko htike's blog (translation by BetterMyanmar):

19:00 Local Myanmar Time - Military Government is making false elections in Myit Kyi Narr, a city in Upper Myanmar. They are brocasting news with their media. Their purpose is to decieve Mr. Gambari. In Yangon, soldiers are beating all the people in group. They arrested the ones who fell down to the ground

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Someone claiming Chinese sent in troups to crack down the protest.
timeline : start down and read up.

FFB: they are chin guy from mountin who are wearing army dress

29 Sep 07, 14:58
Myo: And the most important is the myanmiliatry gov also hired 3000-4000 very well trained Chinese solders to use to crack democracy protest.
Jane: what are the main reasons for ordinary soldiers to follow the commands of the corrupt military? Aren't they suffering too?
FFB: How to Make Molotov cocktail - (ဗံုး) လုပ္နည္း။ en.wikipedia.org...
SG: I got it just now..but need to confirm ..
fred: Easy. Gas in bottle then plug with rag. Light thro and run like the wind.....
29 Sep 07, 14:57
Myo: Yesterday he told me one important news that Chinese Gov sold hi tech and new weapons recently
hl: oh, I am really sleepy now, it's 2:00 am here
FFB: please share that making molotov!
aye chan nge nge: SG ... she got released? are u sure?
Myo: I am from NY and have a Chinese friend. As you know I always view pictures of the protest and he just loks the military's solders pictures

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
There were also protests in Canberra, Australia over what is going on in Myanmar...

Canberra Protests

I know it isn't a lot of people, but if this continues into next week, expect more protests in Australia

Peace

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
From Burma News CB:

29 Sep 07, 22:00
Ko Hla: Today, there were troops in the downtown Yangon. They search every bag and if someone got caught with camera in it, they would arrest him. They arrested anyone that they suspect - even the locksmith from Annaw-ya-htar Road was arrested. Received this news when the Internet connection was back for a while.

From Burma-Myanmar Genocide:

Dr Shin Nyanitra not Arrested
Mizzima: It is confirmed that Dr Shin Nyanitra, the well-known Buddhist priest, was not arrested, as it was in the news yesterday.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Thar nge: the phone line in ygn is cut off.

According Ko Cb

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Translation from CVB by BetterMyanmar on cgiirc:

"In other rural cities, monks are asked to go back to their home town. Monks in Mandalay said they are not going back to their hometown. They also said that it is the last battle that they are fighting against government."

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
From Ko Htike's blog:

To trick Mr.Gambari, UN envoy, the junta announces through their mouth-piece-media that there is a demonstration in Myitkyiinar . Actually that demonstration is a fake one for the junta wants to prove that their soldiers are not terrorist and not shooting at people and it's also the junta's plan to hide the truth of their terrorist evidences. At the same time, in Rangoon, the riot police are hitting with iron bar to any group of people whether they are demonstrators or not. After hitting violently, they arrest the people who collapse.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drozla
Putting pressure on China is a joke.

I am sure people told the monks in Burma the same thing...

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
That is all for me for today. It is now nighttime in Myanmar and the blogs and websites are silent. Last thing I heard was that the night raids are starting again. Nothing confirmed but I would say it is more than possible...

Will start my updates again tomorrow. You guys handle the posting from now on.

Thank you for reading. My heart is in Myanmar for the people, with the people. This is a struggle worth remembering. Justice and peace for all humanity!

/Raud

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Peace and good rest, Raud

You have done an amazing job of keeping ATS informed of what is going on...

See you after you rest, my friend

Peace

Yes ! Justice and peace for ALL humanity, not just the have's

EDIT - for relevance

[edit on 29-9-2007 by Rilence]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
I am sure people told the monks in Burma the same thing...
Not sure what you mean by it. Could you elaborate?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Drozla

I am sure people told the Monks in Burma protesting against a solid military regime would do nothing, just like you say us protesting China's UN blockage would be a joke.

That was what I meant

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Thought already you meant that.

But I think these are 2 different situations. one can not compare China with Burma. The reasons of why both aren't democracies are totally different, therefore the outcome might also be totally different.

For decades the West has been trying to persuade China to care about Human Rights, to care about Democracy. But nothing helps.

The Junta cares about money, unlike China its not about a political point of view. Which might be the key.

Also it looks like - I say "looks" because it can not be confirmed - that the Junta is not so solid.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Another Blog with updates is found at flamingpeacocks.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
From Burma News CB

30 Sep 07, 02:29
Admin: If anyone retrieve the corpses at the lower delta of Hlaing river in Yangon, please make a record of it.

30 Sep 07, 00:28
Admin: URGENT : Myanmar military regime is arranging trip for Mr. Gambari to Myit-Kyi-Nar City. Pls help to convey msg that Mr. Gambari should remain in Ygn where most of the genuine protests r being carried out and see the actual situation of what is happening in Burma.

30 Sep 07, 00:08
Ko Hla: A high school was shot down in South Oakkalapa Township yesterday. The student’s parents managed to get his body but the military search the whole quarter and took the body by force, later.

29 Sep 07, 23:24
Ko Hla: Myanmar military regime is arranging trip for Mr. Gambari to Myit-Kyi-Nar City of Kachin State which is in northern Myanmar. That news is coincided with the news received yesterday, the regime backed USDA (Union Solidarity and Development Association) is forcing people to join faked protesting to trick UN Special envoy Mr. Gambari. People around the country believe that the regime will try their best to trick Mr. Gambari to ease international pressure.

edit:posted new CB earlier posts were already here.

[edit on 2007/9/29 by JacKatMtn]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join