It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ripping Off Food Banks Meant For The Poor.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
A short rant, but it's got me steamed up.

A neighbour dropped by with a bunch of bags the other day to show me some of the stuff she just bought, and asked for help bringing some stuff up from her car. I gave her a hand and she started showing me all this stuff she just bought.

She had 6 bottles of nail polish at about $5.00+ per little bottle, a new foot bath with massage feature and foot scrubbers. New shoes she got on sale for only $75.00, and a new coat from a high end store. She was very proud of her new purchases, but there were still four full bags she had left by the door.

So I asked, what else did you pick up on your shopping spree ???
Her reply........ Oh I went to two of the food banks for groceries, I go twice a month.

I'm like, WHAT !!!

She says she's not too proud to go to the food banks, it keeps her from having to spend much money on food each month.

I was totally shocked.
She has a very good paying job and gets double shifts quite often. She drives a very nice car less than a year old and all tricked out with nice rims and an expensive stereo in it. Her apartment is well furnished with new furniture and lots of electronic toys. She goes out to restaurants and clubs frequently.

She has everything she could possibly need, and then some.

And still she does the tour of food banks to save on groceries, even taking items she doesn't need so she gives them to her mom and dad.

I volunteered at a food bank years ago and they barely had enough to service the truly needy, and here she is stealing food from the ones that need it. Well, I made sure to tell her what I thought of her action and hope I've embarrassed and shamed her for what she does, but I doubt it.

Her response was that lots of people do it, and it's free anyway.
She saw absolutely nothing wrong with what she has been doing for years. :bnghd:

End of rant...
What do you think of her ???

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Yes, unfortunately there are those elements that society can actually do without that have short arms and deep pockets and would rather rob the homeless, aged and needy, AND would feel nothing doing it, so that they can continue NOT to put their hands in their pockets. I am glad you told her how you felt and that it didn't matter to her just proves what sort of person she is.

It is sickening and disgusting that someone would do something like that and still have all the comforts in the world at their fingertips.

It is despicable. It is like some people are a totally different species of human and would be likened to rapists are some of the lowest forms of life on the planet. In fact I would go as far as to say that cockroaches have more right to life than they do.

We have "poor" in our family. We help where we can most of the time. But to go and visit them in their own home is difficult to swallow because we have so much and to see how little someone can have, short of living on the street, is an education in itself.

It is sad to say the least when they show of the cloths for the kids and say i got this from this person, nice isn't it and i got this from that person... Where we are lucky enough to say i went to this store and got this and that and the other. It becomes a way of life and though we help one can only do so much to assist for obvious and financial reasons. But the bullet does hit home when it is someone you love that you see in these conditions.

It isn't for educational reasons - all the time - that people are forced into these situations but sometimes medical reasons and the assistance in this country may not be as fantastic as other countries and people do what they can to live a good and honest life no matter how bad their situation and then you have people like that woman doing what she does.

Despicable, absolutely despicable!! Thanks for this thread AD.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
AD..I'm completely speechless right now.Just plain wow.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
That's really sucky. I can barely afford to feed my kids NOW when they're small because their dad doesn't pay what he's supposed to in child support, and my SSDI is a bit too much to get food stamps.

I haven't used the food bank -- yet -- but the day is coming when I'll have no choice.

People like that woman really ruin it for people who need a service.

I hope she squirms for days with a pricked conscience.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

I am like Major and Access. I am just speechless. I cannot hold my composer right now so I am going to stop for a minute and collect myself. Thank you for sharing that info....

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Wow... just wow. How can people like this continue to go on without any consequence. It's abusing the system, no matter how you look at it, and anyone abusing a system set up to help people out of the troubles they have, should rot in hell.

I'm glad you told her off. I wish i could do the same. What a witch (substute the w with a b).

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Anxiety?

(Please please please...don't hate me for saying these things)

I held off for awhile, by not responding to this thread, because I was thoroughly disgusted.

I'm not sorry for saying this:

"Your so-called friend is a piece of work'.

The food banks in Canada/U.S./and elsewhere, were designed to help the poor. PERIOD.

Topping off one's grocery list to save a few bucks...takes the freakin cake.

And this person has been doing this for a few years?!??!?!

I am so livid!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to Almighty God, or Karma, or whatever you think precious, that this woman, NEVER has the chance to be poor. NEVER loses her job. NEVER knows what it's really like to be without.

Because when the tables are turned...this woman might have a different stance on life.

This is pure, unadulterated taking advantage of the system.

And she blatently, BLATENLTY tells you that she does this on an on-going system?

I'm mostly a peaceful person, but right now, I feel like ripping out a few vocal cords....and they won't be mine, that I rip out

(taking a deep breath now..calm...no ripping out larynexes...ok now)

unfreakin believable....

[edit on 26-9-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm mostly a live and let live kind of guy, and really do try not to pass judgment on my neighbours and friends, but this killed me. It was a mixture of anger, shock, and sadness.

Having helped out at a food bank myself, and worked on food drives, this one hurt a lot.

It's things like this that sadden me about the nature of humanity, and I hope there are more good and selfless people on the planet than people like her.

She asked me to draw up some legal papers for her a couple weeks ago, pro-bono of course, but that won't happen now.

I'm not one to post a "Rant", I think this was my first in the years I've been here at ATS, but I just feel like posting her name and phone # to let you folks have a go at her.

But that won't happen either....

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

She asked me to draw up some legal papers for her a couple weeks ago, pro-bono of course, but that won't happen now.

GOOD better not happen.

I hope to Almighty God...that you won't go along with these...freaking plans...

Selfish plans..plain and simple."

Yiou know plain and simple.. that these are WRONG?

Do you?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The free legal work she was asking for was a change to her Will, she wanted to cut out her last boyfriend, and make her sister the Executrix. Nothing shady.

But she won't be getting any free work out of me ever again.
And damn, I've represented her in court on an other issue for next to nothing and now I'm sorry I ever stood up for her.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me just how low people will go to twist a system designed to help others. Honestly i dont know how people can wake up in the morning and look at themselves in the mirror. i am sorry this is just appaling to me.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
The free legal work she was asking for was a change to her Will, she wanted to cut out her last boyfriend, and make her sister the Executrix. Nothing shady.

But she won't be getting any free work out of me ever again.

I hope to God NOT.

And damn, I've represented her in court on an other issue for next to nothing and now I'm sorry I ever stood up for her.

Jeese...We all went that route.

AnxietyDisorder you posted this!!!

What has 'taken hold' may be thrown unto the wastes....I assure you...what you have posted...has taken hold within my realm.

Every single action has placed presidence upon these threads.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
It's painful to see people steal from the poor just to make themselves richer. it seems to be the way of the world. you think she would have some shame in her heart for taking food from the people that realy need the help.

In some way people like this will pay for what they do, even if they have bad luck for the rest of theiir life.

top topics

join