It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at these Crabs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
There are a bunch on an Island called Diego Garcia in the the Indian Ocean. We have a navy base there, but the island is British rule. There are also jackasses there from the days when the Spanish sailed the seas.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
What I want to know is why they don't sell those at the store or restaurants I go to? I'd clean out my fridge to make room and be crab happy for at least 3 days.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Infra_red

Because they're an endangered species and the ones who sell them will be in big trouble if they get caught.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
OH ... MY .... GOD .... !

I hate the tinyist of this creature !! but if i saw this thing trying to get it on with my dustbin (trash can) i think i would have a total breakdown ! that thing is enormous ! Do they make saddles for 'em ???

I could not get the link to work but when i saw that photo ! By the lord Harry , i nearly soiled myself .... i need a Gin !!

Regards in advance of a breakdown

Git

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
double posted sorry

[edit on 26-9-2007 by completenuttergit]

[edit on 26-9-2007 by completenuttergit]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If you think those are scary, check out Giant Japanese Spider Crabs :

The largest of the crustaceans include the the giant Japanese spider crab (Macrocheira kaempferi) with its four-meter legspan

I mean.....a crab with a four metre leg span.......thats 13 feet!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thanks for your post, D0MiNAT0R 1OOO.

The pictures are amazing. See, that's why there's much more to discover in Earth's oceans than anywhere else.

Again, I've enjoyed pictures. Good post.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOmen
If you think those are scary, check out Giant Japanese Spider Crabs :

The largest of the crustaceans include the the giant Japanese spider crab (Macrocheira kaempferi) with its four-meter legspan

I mean.....a crab with a four metre leg span.......thats 13 feet!

I've found the perfect picture to provide to support this.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Here's a better photo of the Giant Japanese Spider Crab:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN
I have seen those so much on Discovery^^ There was a show called "Deadliest Catch" where they catch those for living outside alaska^^

I quite often spend time in Homer Alaska. The Crabbing Boats don't go out of Homer but many of the locals worked them or work them part of the year. They watch that show every time its on in the bar at the Motel I stay at. They even put up big banners in the windows and have special while it is on.

Those Kings are one of life's greatest pleasures. They get down to $8 a pound here at the right time of year. Great eating
No other Crab tastes quite the same. No mossy flavor at all, just light good eating. People who don't like other Crab like Kings.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well insects supposdly evolved from these vertebrea id still eat them tho!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I've seen these babies (coconut crabs) up close and personal a couple of times. I think in Jamaica and/or Moorea. All I can say is they scare the snot out of you when you're walking back to your room at night and not expecting a freaky-huge land crab watching you walk by... yikes

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

I was gonna say...

Those don't look anything like the ones from that chick I met at the pub last weekend...man oh man...

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Thanx for that, I found that photo but still, thats a small one compared to ones I have seen, but unfortunately I can't seem to find a photo of a full size one. But yeah, that should give people an idea.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by TheOmen]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Here are some links to more info on giant japanese spider crabs.

Source 1

Source 2

Source 3

Source 4

Happy reading!
T.O

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Mmmmmmmm....chili crab !!!

*drools*

Very cool links to pics and info from all, btw

Peace

[edit on 27-9-2007 by Rilence]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Major Malfunction

Great link, I didn't realize the correlation between Earhart's possible remains and bone disposal by crabs.

Good read.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Good photo.

Why such a small shell? Should've been bigger!

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
When I saw the one on the trashcan, I got chills!! If I saw that on a trashcan near my house I would scream and by scream I mean SCREAM. And run and cry and check to see if my family was still alive and then eventually run back with my camera and then run away screaming and crying again.

*shudders* Omg, that is so scaryyyy.

Great find though. That was interesting. I showed it to my friend. He didn't think it was real. >__<

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Paresthesia

hehehehe

Hey Paresthesia, please catch it for me and we can make a gumbo LOL

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join