It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian Astronomers stumble upon UFO on the Moon

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
OK, so we just lost like 3 pages of this thread.

Was my post really THAT problematic?

Spook alert.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by antipigopolist
P.S.

When the "Shadow" "flys" over, why is it that the shadows already cast on the surface of Mars from the large rock "Yogi" and the rover and the other Martian rocks do not disappear? Is there a second light source around Mars, besides that of the sun?

Simple. That's light fading. Like this...

Also, the shadow of an object is starker nearer the ground in certain ambient light conditions. The shadow of a stone will be darker compared to an object, say, 200 feet high.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron

Originally posted by chickenfeet
is there any chance

that the black blob is neither a balloon or a shadow

could it be an actual craft flying in space
and far enough from the moon so it does not create a shadow.

Could be. If it wasn't a balloon...

This is not a one liner. Wow I love this job..

[edit on 27-9-2007 by omnicron]

Oh is this your job? how much do you get paid to come on this forum?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by guyfrom2007

Nice find. It seems it got stuck with astronomers and such for a few months. Like moving through molasses or a burocracy.

Visual assessment:

I've see such shadows through good sized telescopes. Usually objects close to the telescope will be out of focus and big depending on lense and scope. I have seen similar sillouets from very high but below Earth orbit aircraft. From it's track, it's not a conventional aircraft, so UFO, in the classic sense.

It is not on the Moon and it is not a shadow in my estimation. The ideas in the threads for shadows lack of distortion is like physical evidence that it was not anywhere near the Moon. It would have distorted way more than you might think, based on sun direction and a reasonable altitude above the surface.

We could do a shadow simulation with simple 3D objects to show this. As the object traveled to the north west rim there was not only no distortion, but also no highlight or even a hint of a lit object casting that shadow. The small distortions someone mentioned as they crossed prominences where simple distortions from upper atmosphere... on Earth. Also when it is by the Grove crater the video seemed to drop some frames, unless it jumped instantaneously a little ahead. But that is unlikely.

If it casts a shadow, the sun is all over it. I doubt that the object if on the Moon is black, because at this distance it would still reflect light. Remember, 90% of the Moon surface is pitch black like soot, yet with full sunlight we can see all kinds of detail on the surface and you can even read by the light. It is not higher than the field of view either, or the shadow would be more diffuse and would distort even more dramatically.

What ever this is, if not faked, is high in the Earth sky or the upper atmosphere and just happened to be in the field of view. Not in Moon orbit or near the surface.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Its a kite, or possibly a childs science project. Most likely some kind of secret military anti grav space ship. Nothing of interest

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I think you should look at another of these "Balloons" speeding across the Moon.

www.astrosurf.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildone106
Its a kite, or possibly a childs science project. Most likely some kind of secret military anti grav space ship. Nothing of interest

Yea, only a mile diameter orbiting alien slave ship so big it has four Starbucks shops on it. Another reason to shoot the buggers down for messing with astronomy!

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Another Black Balloon over earth

Balloon Over Earth

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by guyfrom2007
I think you should look at another of these "Balloons" speeding across the Moon.

www.astrosurf.com...

There is a BIG difference between the two clips. In the example you give the "Balloon" transits the Moon in 26 frames.

It's path through the transit is also completely straight as one would expect which is absolutely different from the object in question.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Wasn't this one a Meteor? The moon has been hit by thousands of them.
With no atmosphere, they would appear black (vs. burning up) on their
way to the surface, or a near miss of the moon. Right?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by guyfrom2007
Another Black Balloon over earth

Balloon Over Earth

Ballons do NOT orbit above Earths atmosphere.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
No I am just trying to debunk the debunker's. LMAO

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Fastwalkers on the moon...nice video...more balloons i guess.

whats happening here

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   

That seems to be a shadow on the moon in this video. I have seen some from Apollo missions and stills also over the years. I'm sure there are many more out there.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Nothing from John Lear!?
I doubt he could know anything about this. More like he would guess what was it about there...

[edit on 28/9/07 by Triad979]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

hi zeroghost

could a balloon near a telescope look like this, while the telescope was focused on the moon

because i still find it hard to believe that a balloon can fly in a straight line, then slow down and then turn left and fly away at the original speed.

and thank you for your input

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

ah yes, the GEOS satellite images. always liked those. those "balloons" are huge..

has anyone found an actual video of a balloon passing by the moon so we can compare? if one's been posted my apologies, ill go back and look.

peace.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I've recently captured what is probably a yellow balloon floating into my field of view while imaging the moon. The object appeared in final seconds of the clip. I would've let the capture run longer had I seen it earlier.

Moon was approximately 50 degrees from the horizon and footage was taken about an hour before sunset.

Hope it helps.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by europa

Interesting video.

This balloon doesn't appear black against the moon.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
What the heck are you talking about?!?!!?? How do you draw a sharpie dot on the lens and even so..your talking about animation. NO NO NO not jumping on you..

Originally posted by jbondo
I'm with shots here,

Can the source be verified?

Looks kind of like a black sharpie dot that's been manipulated to move across in the shown path. Possibly could be actual astronomers just mapping a certain route or pattern, tracing a lunar crack or something. Someone else gets a hold of it and changes the story.

It just looks too artificial to me, the "shadow" that is.

I am open to any possibility though.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join