It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mainstream rapper finally "keeps it real" and talks about real issues

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Chamillionaire is awesome. "Ima show ya how to get your shine on."

I dig em.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
To be honest im a strait up phish loving jam band kinda guy, so for me to say this is probably the best thing to happen in a year is unheard of, but this rapper will reach more people than anyone can imagine and it is going back to show us that our true outlet is music and may be the only thing that can get us all through the coming years. When they tried to have all these woodstocks after the real one they never worked out... IF we had a 2nd real woodstock now and started organizing it asking only for no violence and inviting rappers and all forms of musical genere's it might be enough to open a hunk of the publics eyes to whats going on and possibly break down a few barriers for us stopping this nau maddness. I honestly believe with a will theres a way no matter how hard we have to try the alternitave to not getting along is a police state with f*** sticks running our lives and letting our grandparents go cold from high heat bills and a outrageous healthcare system.. Think hard to youself and say well i know that seems impossible unifying all these people for a common goal, but hey if our paretns generation did it were next up and its time to take a step forward.
Anyone interested in the new woodstock idea please respond, im very serious and would like to start grouping people to get ideas for venue's , space it would take and timing. Please think about this folks theres a need for it.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
its cool that this song seems to cross some barriers i think its capable of this because hes being real and not trying to appeal to a small audience like most rappers do i hope to see more of this in the future from chamill also check out the brother to this video "morning news"

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

[edit on 2-10-2007 by roodyp4364]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
that too was a very great video of seen alot of cool videos because of this thread if anyone else has a video go ahead and put it in here

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Lol this is your 'evening news'. Nice advertisements on M1A1 Abrams, sponsored war 'for the loose. Funny bush struck oil!! Nice vid, good post.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
Oh and speaking of Public Enemy, wasn't Chuck D fronting or supposed to front Rage a while back. I don't remember hearing anything from them but I know I heard that was supposed to happen. Now THAT would be some really politically charged tunes.

Word.

Especially if you got the Beastie Boys in on the act too.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSGUY

Finally?
They been doing it for awhile you just have to look for it.
Here is a post where I listed some stuff from 2004
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And many many more even earlier have been doing social commentary.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join