It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mainstream rapper finally "keeps it real" and talks about real issues

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
here it is my boy chamillionaire finally talks about real issues instead of rims and ice check it out
ps: i didnt know where to post this so please move it if you need to

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
To be honest, I am not a big fan of rap. I had never even heard of Chamillionaire before seeing this video, "Evening News". But right from the start, this video had me hooked. The lyrics were especially poignant and, yeah, Chamillionaire certainly told it like it is....

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Yeah Chamillionaire is an amazing rapper, I always liked his songs. He even has one called hip-hop police, you should check it out.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

i like that song ive been listening to chamill since he first started rapping he was alot better when he was underground but hes still my favorite rapper and then technique

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
FINALLY>>>FINALLY

it is great to see rappers start showing their skill and producing lyrics that will actually make people question the world around them. At first i thought most rappers now days were still gonna rap about bling, hoes, and money for another decade. But now its starting to be all about getting the people to notice, i have to say that a great rapper by the name of immortal technique was one of the people that told me to question and see the truth behind all the lies.

Hip hop, and rap was originally ment to be rhythm and poetry in a fluid flow...lol but now its just degrading and i dunno every time i turn on the radio all i hear is "my rims be 21 inch, and my hoes be blining"...lol wtf man youse your skill to spread the world and make people open their eyes. I have a feeling that Chamillionaire is going to become a political activist like immortal technique and mos deff, and many more and help spread the world to the people...

this is great news, thanks for posting this.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
also ive done a flow like this if anyone cares to check it out www.myspace.com/baconthedon not as good as chamillionaires but ya know i do wut i can

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I liked this song/video too. Chamillionaire is the latest in a long line to touch on the place of rappers in the "Grand Conspiracy." Tupac did it, dead prez still does, Immortal Technique (sp?) is another good one, from what I've heard.

As for this song, I'm glad he's making the point that, yes, 'hip-hoppers' watch the news, are well aware of what's going on, and see politicians and the media the way most of us see them: as lying, self-serving, back-stabbers to the American public.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
At first i thought most rappers now days were still gonna rap about bling, hoes, and money for another decade.

I didn't see your post before I replied, but, I just wanted to respond to something you said.

I understand your frustration with the substance of most mainstream rap- I'm tired of it too- but I think it's important to remember that "bling, hoes and money" are American obsessions. Rappers are, after all, American.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
nice find!.never seen that before,and yes it is refreshing to hear a rap song with more then the material as the focus,he made me proud.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by justanothergangster

There is a rapper that has been talking about political corruption intelligently for while now. His name is Sage Francis and you have to check out his song "Slow Down Gandhi" release back in 2004. I don't think a video was ever made for it but you can hear it at (ignore the video if you want even though it is kinda cool):

Listen to at least half of it because the second half is the best. I mean he references Clockwork Orange...how could it get any better?

"Six in the morning police at my crib,
Now my nights consist of:
Two toothpicks and eyelids,
A crucifix and vitamins,
Music that is pirated,
New flavored foods made of mutated hybrids."

The guy is this generation's most important poets and most don't know of him yet.

Jon

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
i checked that out that dude goes hard on the mic and hes got a message i listen to technique but ive never heard of sage francis before ill have to check more of his ish out

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by justanothergangster

i went to your myspace and was expecting yet another crap wanna be rapper song .......but i liked it

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Maybe some of you also listen to "Rage Against The Machine"... They've been doing this for years.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

thanks for the kind words homie and than you to everyone that checked it out the reason i see this as big is chamillionaire is known by most if not all people that listen to rap and rap is really popular now adays so the message is getting out to alot more people then it would plus i enjoyed seeing him using his talents constructively instead of it being wasted

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Heres another good one...

If someone can tell me how to upload a youtube video or where to get the video number, preciate it.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Techsnow]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
www.myspace.com...
A great rapper tht speak GREATNESS an also check out JEDI MIND TRICKS an i do a lil rappen u can check me out at www.myspace.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Quite a few years ago now, maybe early '90's maybe late 80's, there was a hip hop act called The Disposable Hero's of Hiphopracy. They were doing this kinda stuff back then. They had one mainstream hit called"Television- The Drug of the Nation"

I don't know if anyone remembers these guys but they did a lot of political stuff. Really good group.

Public Enemy was great at it too.

And the guy above me mentioned Jedi, he had some good music about these kind of topics

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Oh and speaking of Public Enemy, wasn't Chuck D fronting or supposed to front Rage a while back. I don't remember hearing anything from them but I know I heard that was supposed to happen. Now THAT would be some really politically charged tunes.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I found the video for tv-drug of the nation. Check it out, it was way ahead of its time,imo.

reply to post by Voxel

That song has awesome. Thanks for turning me on to this guy. Going to check out some of his stuff tonight.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
You know...I haven't been too impressed with Chamillionaire up until now, but I have to say I really enjoyed this. Thanks for posting it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join