It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the most desirable purchases to be made with ATS points?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
New member, old and dumb. Just curious what do the veterans of this site believe are the most prudent usage of points?
Thanks
John

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I use mine to buy beer.....

Actually, I find that for me anyway, they aren't good for much more than keeping track of how much I have been contributing. I did buy extra space for saved U2Us, but they will soon do away with that feature so it was pointless. I'm not sure if they serve any genuine useful purpose but perhaps other members feel different. I do know that many use them to buy fancy Avatars and titles.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
That is easy...

1. New Background Color
2. New Mini Profile Text Color
3. Increase U2U quota
4. Custom Title Second Line
5. Mini Profile Background Image

In that Order

Semper

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Forget about your number 3. They are planning on eliminating that option as per this thread Old U2Us being removed

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
WOW! I've had a similar question.......What are all those points? Above top secret, Below top secret (which I never posted on, but still have points) and ...what?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
What about the Really ABOVE top Secret forum access? Is that option to buy worth it? i've always been intrigued about it for some time now........

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jarheadjock
What about the Really ABOVE top Secret forum access? Is that option to buy worth it? i've always been intrigued about it for some time now........

uh o

The RATS question....

well it is top secret to even begin to talk about this.

But since you asked, you may have been u2u'd or something.

So if or if not I will just say anyways.

RATS is always a question, a wonder for anyone in ATS that is not part of it.

But unless you just wanna have it to have it, or for the ability to write about something and no search engine on earth will be able to find what inside, its a safe place to talk. A little Oasis in the middle of no where where only members of RATS can see what you have said.

If you have anymore inquires about RATS
here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
Forget about your number 3. They are planning on eliminating that option as per this thread Old U2Us being removed

I was under the impression that you could buy the ability to SEND more U2Us with points. I used up my initial quota of 50 and bought a hundred more so I could keep using the feature. I don't save any U2Us at all.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steff
Above top secret, Below top secret (which I never posted on, but still have points) and ...what?

PTS -- Politics @ AboveTopSecre aka Above Politics.

www.abovepolitics.com...

Where politics-related discussion go on and political name-calling is tolerated to a degree.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I tried to use mine to buy guns but the guy said they have no cash value and I should GTFO of his store.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

1. New Background Color
3. Increase U2U quota

Oh my... Would it be terribly disrespectful of me to say that these options remind me of people actually buying fancy "bathroom equipment" in SL (Second Life)?

Personally, I would be MUCH more grateful for the now removed option of having easy access to my previous posts...

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

1. New Background Color
3. Increase U2U quota

Oh my... Would it be terribly disrespectful of me to say that these options remind me of people actually buying fancy "bathroom equipment" in SL (Second Life)?

Personally, I would be MUCH more grateful for the now removed option of having easy access to my previous posts...

Agreed. I'm only here on the weekends so it is an ordeal to backtrack my previous posts to see if there are any arguements to engage in.

Edit: I'm new here, so I missed out on why this feature was removed. Seems like a logical and necessary feature.

[edit on 9-3-2008 by spaznational]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I think I usually spend most of my points buying more Upload Space in my MemCenter to post pictures in threads.

I think I've spent a fortune there!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
We used to have a member whose signature announced that he was saving his ATS points to buy a new kidney.

I don't know if ATS is still offering kidneys in the ATS store, but you never know, what with silent sales and whatnot.

[edit on 2008/3/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
I think I usually spend most of my points buying more Upload Space in my MemCenter to post pictures in threads.

I think I've spent a fortune there!

Why not use Photobucket?

It's easy, has many features and it's free.

[edit on 2008/3/20 by GradyPhilpott]

join