It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acworth police dog dies - Georgia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Acworth police dog left in hot patrol car dies

By YOLANDA RODRÍGUEZ
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 09/06/07

Acworth police are mourning one of their own: a narcotics detection dog who died of heatstroke in a patrol car late Monday.

Marco, a narcotics-detecting dog, died after being left in an Acworth police officer's patrol car.

CORRECTION: Information about the officer's schedule was incorrect in a previous version of this article. He was not working a second shift at the time he left the dog in his patrol car.

Capt. Wayne Dennard, a spokesman for the Acworth police department, said the dog's handler was "just torn up" about the death.

Marco, a 6-year-old Belgian malinois, was trained to track and detect narcotics. His nose could sniff out anything that had been near drugs.

In his five years with the department, Marco had found thousands of dollars' worth of drugs, Dennard said.

YOLANDA RODRIGUEZ

-My Comments-
How disturbing is it when a cop lets a dog (cop) in a car while he has breakfast, lunch and dinner?

I live in Acworth Ga. and this is not a innocent mistake. He left the dog in the car (cop car) to make phone calls early in the morning. The early morning - afternoon, he had lunch with his wife/girlfriend... no one here is sure yet... but we do know he had lunch with someone. He then took off to go shopping at the local new stores that was opening up. Then he decided to have dinner around 8 PM with his wife/girlfriend. Again we are not sure.

Dog was dead by 11pm.

I am telling you this cop was not out doing a regular duty kinda day. It was on foxnewsatlanta.com and ajc.com and wsbtv.com that this cop had spent an entire day just you whooooing around, and left the dog in the car.

How can we stop this ugliness? I want to do whatever I can to stop these cops, male and female alike from having powers to do these kinds of behaviors. I cant do this alone. We can as a whole though..

Research this.
Any comments appreciated.
I posted the entire article from the paper, however I can promise you as a local of this town, this is not the entire truth. Cops sit at bay on side streets, side roads and even in the center lane for hours. Waiting for their time UP to be done. How foul it is.. I know.

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
That cop needs to get fired, period. This was gross negligence, who knows what (s)he is going to screw up next.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
What hurts me is that the cops sit along side of our country road and eat and have the lights on inside the cop car like they are on a picnic.
Then if they think they can make a stop to put them into the papers here locally, they jump on it and turn on the lights and vvrrroom vvrrooom the gas pedal. Pull folks over and then either tazer them or let the dogs out.

Common here, sad but so true. This is becomming a norm. This is not right. i will more then likely get bashed for this, but i am a sister to a cop, and I can tell you that this crap is becomming abound!

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
just today, a cop car turned on his lights to get ahead of a traffic jam.

just today, I saw another cop eating on a burb outside a dirt road. A LOCAL hangout to pass time for Acworth Cops!

Also tis week, I noticed many cop and cop cars taking noticed to my bitc?ing, and they are moving the fleet of the unknown further out.

Cops are cheap government control. My Brother WAS a cop and he is as normal as pampers on a newborn child.

Cops sit and run out the metre here, and let the clock run down.

how sad it is to see a Dog COP die because this Acworth POS wanted a donut!

Burns my a$$ and it is NOT right!

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This is truly sad, but how does this case make you feel?

[Brenda] Slaby is the assistant principal whose young daughter died after she left her in a hot SUV.

Slaby's 2-year-old daughter Cecilia died in Slaby's SUV while strapped in a car seat for more than seven hours at the school. Slaby said she forgot the child while preparing for a staff meeting for the beginning of the school year.

Prosecutors decided not to prosecute the assistant principal for her role in the infant's death.

www.wcpo.com...

Note this case in contrast:

Chandler police Sgt. Tom Lovejoy, arrested after his police dog died in a hot patrol car, pleaded not guilty Tuesday via paperwork presented by his lawyer in Justice Court in Chandler.

Lovejoy faces up to six months in jail, more than $1,000 in fines, probation and prohibition from owning another animal if convicted of animal-cruelty charges. [emphasis mine]

www.azcentral.com...

[edit on 2007/10/3 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Certainly gives us an interesting perspective, doesn't it?

top topics

join