It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Atheist Conspiracy?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by sizzle

alright, how about you provide evidence to show "christian bashing"
i keep asking for it.... yet nobody provides it.

Hi Madness!
Want to see some Christian bashing? Come take a look. And please read the whole thread. I think that you will enjoy it very much.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

i'm sorry, i don't have time to look through an entire thread...
you can actually link to single posts within a thread by clicking "this post" and then copying the URL

could you just do this to show some examples?

i'm really swamped by exams...
if you don't, i'll get to it in a week or two (if my memory serves me...)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

reply to post by sizzle

i'm sorry, i don't have time to look through an entire thread...
you can actually link to single posts within a thread by clicking "this post" and then copying the URL

could you just do this to show some examples?

i'm really swamped by exams...
if you don't, i'll get to it in a week or two (if my memory serves me...)

For those of you who attended the last Atheists for the Destruction of Christianity Conference last month in Anaheim, I seem to have misplaced my USB flash drive with a copy of our intricate plans to manipulate the media, discredit the New Testament, and place lighted bags of dog poop at the front doors of many monasteries.

I have a backup copy, but this information could be sensitive to the security of our super-secret, highly-trained organization of people who all agree that we don't believe in something.

The word, as always, is "mum." by nohup

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

that post isn't "christian bashing"
it's a post intended to point out how ridiculous the thought of a conspiracy of atheists to overthrow christianity is..

i haven't seen an organized group of atheists, agnostics, and nonreligious people larger than 20,000...
it's actually been said that organizing atheists is like herding cats... we just prefer being alone. we aren't the type that congregate...which is why you don't find a lot of us in congregations.

atheists aren't an organized group, we're just a lot of people that share the same idea about this one particular thing

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
in light of all the atheist-bashing that's going on in this forum, i thought i'd bump this thread

with all the lies and propaganda going around about atheists, it's quite apparent that there's a conspiracy

(please, make sure to at least read the first post before you reply)

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
all right, i guess i'm going to have to do something to kick start this conversation.

there's a lot of talk lately that the "new atheists" are barraging the stores with books. richard dawkins, daniel dennet, christopher hitchens, and sam harris being the biggest culprits.

this interested me, so i went to amazon.com and searched "atheism"

now, i expected to be deluged with nothing but atheist authors, but some of the results were quite to the contrary

Answering the New Atheism: Dismantling Dawkins' Case Against God

The Real Face of Atheism

The Twilight of Atheism

The Truth Behind the New Atheism: Responding to the Emerging Challenges to God and Christianity

(going to stop linking to save myself a headache)

Pied Piper of Atheism: Philip Pullman and Children's Fantasy

The Devil's Delusion: Atheism and Its Scientific Pretensions

Letter to an Atheist

Dawkins Letters, The: Challenging Atheist Myths

God is No Delusion: A Refutation of Richard Dawkins

The God Delusion Revisited

The End of Reason: A Response to the New Atheists

Letter from a Christian Citizen

The New Atheist Crusaders and Their Unholy Grail: The Misguided Quest to Destroy Your Faith

The Dawkins Delusion?: Atheist Fundamentalism and the Denial of the Divine

Letter to a Christian Nation: Counter Point

Darwin Day In America: How Our Politics and Culture Have Been Dehumanized in the Name of Science (yes, it's an attack on atheism)

What's So Great About Christianity? (yes, it's also an attack on atheism by D'Souza)

Beginning Apologetics 4: How to Answer Atheists and New Agers

A Shattered Visage: The Real Face of Atheism

The Irrational Atheist: Dissecting the Unholy Trinity of Dawkins, Harris, and Hitchens

The New Atheist Crusaders and Their Unholy Grail: The Misguided Quest to Destroy Your Faith

God and the New Atheism: A Critical Response to Dawkins, Harris, and Hitchens

The Delusion of Disbelief: Why the New Atheism is a Threat to Your Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness (i wish i was making this title up)

The True Intellectual System of the Universe: Wherein All the Reason and Philosophy of Atheism Is Confuted, and Its Impossibility Demonstrated. Volume 4

i could go on posting book titles, but i think my point is quite well demonstrated with just 24 books. there is clearly a conspiracy against atheists here.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

i could go on posting book titles, but i think my point is quite well demonstrated with just 24 books. there is clearly a conspiracy against atheists here.

How could there possibly be a conspiracy against Atheism? By your own mouth Madd,, Nothing is done in the name of Atheism, There is no "cohesive group" to conspire against. So what then would be the provocation for this alleged conspiracy? Mmmmm??

Nice list by the way,, had you notice they are all in the defence of Atheists attacks written after most Atheist books came out.

As soon as you make up your mind what Atheism is,, then you can prove your case.

Good luck with that

- Con

[edit on 31-3-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

How could there possibly be a conspiracy against Atheism? By your own mouth Madd,, Nothing is done in the name of Atheism, There is no "cohesive group" to conspire against. So what then would be the provocation for this alleged conspiracy? Mmmmm??

i emphasized something in my quote here. i said there's a conspiracy again atheists not atheism. against people. it's basically institutional bigotry.

Nice list by the way,, had you notice they are all in the defence of Atheists attacks written after most Atheist books came out.

not really...quite a few of the titles are in "defense" of them...but most of them are simply piles of ad hom attacks.

As soon as you make up your mind what Atheism is,, then you can prove your case.

Good luck with that

atheism, not believing in any gods
atheist, one who does not believe in any gods

it's quite simple.
the conspiracy here is the institutional bigotry against atheists.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
well, i guess it seems that people love to talk about atheists conspiring to overthrow a religion and that they're conspiring to airbrush history, but reopen a topic which doesn't facilitate bigotry against atheists and you won't get as many responses.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
further evidence of an anti-atheist conspiracy in the USA

apparently it's dangerous for children to know atheism exists

here's an exchange from the Illinois general assembly (taken from the above link)
it's between atheist Rob Sherman who helped stop the mandatory moment of silence and Rep Monique Davis

Davis: I don’t know what you have against God, but some of us don’t have much against him. We look forward to him and his blessings. And it’s really a tragedy — it’s tragic — when a person who is engaged in anything related to God, they want to fight. They want to fight prayer in school.

I don’t see you (Sherman) fighting guns in school. You know?

I’m trying to understand the philosophy that you want to spread in the state of Illinois. This is the Land of Lincoln. This is the Land of Lincoln where people believe in God, where people believe in protecting their children.… What you have to spew and spread is extremely dangerous, it’s dangerous–

Sherman: What’s dangerous, ma’am?

Davis: It’s dangerous to the progression of this state. And it’s dangerous for our children to even know that your philosophy exists! Now you will go to court to fight kids to have the opportunity to be quiet for a minute. But damn if you’ll go to [court] to fight for them to keep guns out of their hands. I am fed up! Get out of that seat!

Sherman: Thank you for sharing your perspective with me, and I’m sure that if this matter does go to court—

Davis: You have no right to be here! We believe in something. You believe in destroying! You believe in destroying what this state was built upon.

nope, nothing to see here people
move along

actually, there is something to see. if this man had been a buddhist, a hindu, a muslim, a mormon, or a member of any other group and this representative had told him that his philosophy was dangerous for children to know about or that he believes in destroying what the state of illinois was built upon, this would have made national media attention and she would have been forced to resign by media pressure and public outrage

but nope, he's just a filthy atheist, doesn't matter that he's the target of bigoted remarks.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
there's something suspicious...

well, i was on my thread entitled "atheist thrashing service" (i'm sure you all know the one

and i saw the last post...and it was only up for about 20 minutes but i did manage a screencap

but now the post is gone and the member is banned....

hmm
it was the member's only post.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
What happened to freedom of speech and belief? I don't understand this!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CoNsPiRaCy PhReAk

i honestly don't know

and i don't know what happened to common sense

there are people that are actively and openly discriminating against atheists and there isn't any response, yet people have the time to discuss whether or not atheists are doing this or that...
why not talk about what's being done to them?

atheists are being told that our philosophy is dangerous! nobody is saying a damn thing to those who say it

where's the outcry you'd get if a politician said the same thing about another group of people?

[edit on 4/28/08 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

reply to post by CoNsPiRaCy PhReAk

Other than the deplorable spelling errors displayed in the above screen shot that would make the baby Jesus cry [arrogunts, intolerunt, threatengin, etc.], if they were banned there was most likely a valid reason for it. As in, a previously banned member who was tracked by their IP. That would be enough to catch and dismiss a pretend newbie- especially when there has been a wave of banned members making new accounts lately. No doubt there is a logical explanation for it and I highly doubt it was a matter of "Oh no! An atheist n00b. Quick! Ban him."

No conspiracy here in that regard. Whoever banned him would have to explain to the other mods why such an action was taken and I guarantee 'He was an atheist' would not be an acceptable answer. No one is banned from ATS due to their religious beliefs regardless of the sob stories some claim. There's always more to the story.

EDIT TO ADD: Like you, CP. None of my business and I am not accusing you but I would be suspicious of a person who just joined today like you did but who already has an avatar (a customized avatar with ATS logo nonetheless), people added to their friends list, a comment section opened on their profile, mood and location filled out, a signature, etc. It typically takes some time to notice and bother with all the features after one gets settled. Maybe you're quicker than me, though. Again, not accusing you of anything- I just used to admin on a very large site with over 60,000 members and learned what to look for in such cases.

[edit on 4/28/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

ok, but you're missing the other point i made...

wouldn't there be an outcry if a christian politician told a hindu "it's dangerous for children to even know your philosophy exists!"?
or if a jew told a muslim?
or if religious group A told religious group B?

but not when it's a christian telling an atheist.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Hey, MIMS. No, I saw your point but knew my response would be predictable in your eyes and even deemed intolerant. Just like the atheists who responded to the thread Is There a Conspiracy to Overthrow Christianity, the only thing I can say in reply to your concern or this thread title is, "I hope so."

That is not very P.C. but that is my honest opinion. I believe atheism is a false philosophy so I would be as sad to see it go as I would to see the Flat Earth Society disbanded or the theory of evolution not being taught in schools any longer. In other words, not sad at all.

It might not be 'fair' but as they say, "I'd rather be correct than be politically correct."

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

so you'd rather hide your bigotry instead of having it challenged alongside your ignorance of science.

alrighty, have fun with that.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

so you'd rather hide your bigotry...

No hiding. If I was ashamed of my opinion concerning atheism, I never would have left the above comment in reply to you about me missing one of your points. I didn't miss it- I was just trying to be polite until being put on the spot. No, I do not like atheism as I think it is a false and foolish philosophy. It is still the atheist's right to be an atheist, of course, and no one should be forced to be religious or spiritual. My opinion may offend but it is still my opinion.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

yep, it's your opinion and nothing else. there's nothing to show that atheism is anymore false than what you choose nor to show that it's foolish.

and honestly, at least we atheists give reasons for our disdain of religion...

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
wow, even the brave atheists in foxholes are being discriminated against by the government they're shedding their blood for. but atheists in foxholes don't exist, so just move along. they're just a myth according to so many people who like to spout off bigotry on here.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join