It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cotton balls and cofee filters

page: 1

join
share:
tr

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
My local newspaper says that if you have cottonballs and coffee filters in your car, you may be arrested and searched if Representative Brent Yonts- A Greenville, Ky. Democrat gets his way. He thinks the Kentucky Supreme Courts ruling - a person have everything necessary in his possesion to be a suspected manufacturer of methamphetamine- is too lenient.
I hate what meth has done to people. Nevertheless, I think this proposed bill goes too far. If there are such serious consequences tied to shopping at the grocery, we should have shopping lessons and warning labels on everything from cottonballs to coffee filters to pacifiers and a tax on the manufacturers of such evil goods (sarcasm).
Now I can see shopping lessons in school, college, GED courses and adult education classes on how to make seperate trips for such things. without such lessons the grocery store could cause you all kinds of problems. I see lawsuits everywhere.
Didn't drug manufacturers sell methamphetamines years ago? I read that housewives and lots of people used to take them. Then the manufacturers stopped selling them. Could they be held liable for socially addicting our society to such things?
Does the drug war have an exit strategy?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
unfortunately, no. the drug war, coupled with the war on terrorism, is the reasoning the govt will use to systematically remove all our civil rights. One step at a time, starting with the Patriot act, and this.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Their taking this so called "war on drugs" a little too far, a war they are steadily losing.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I don't see those two items as obvious paraphanelia.. sure cops can say the lighter you use to smoke cigarettes could be used for smoking weed but cops cannot do anything about it. Now they are arresting someone just for possession of cotton balls and coffee filters?? That is wrong on so many levels.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Are we going to be allowed to buy toilet paper just because you can make a hash pipe out of the roll?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
[img www.abovetopsecret.com...[/img]

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by deevee]
God Bless Canada: All apprehended are currently free on bail www.rcnetwork.net...

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by deevee]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Just imagine you have cotton balls and an almanach inside your car!!!

You will probably be shot on-site

Are we going to be allowed to buy toilet paper just because you can make a hash pipe out of the roll?

You will be watched by the DEA then. Though..if you stop using toilet paper and wash your bud with water you will become a terrorist suspect and watched by the CIA.
You see, no way out

new topics

top topics

join