It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS fine for fantasy talk, but not reality?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
So my post gets "deleted" to the trash bin because I post a serious question to the ATS community, as to who has actually "seen" a Reptilian. The first response I get is some guy saying he just saw a frog earlier in the day, after being very clear in my post that I wished the topic and responses to remain serious.

So, I pose this question.

Why do most "fantasy" and "what if" threads take off, vs. threads that ask serious questions, want serious answers and simply ask for some kind of back up regarding the statements made?

I for one am really tired of posts like:

What if you saw ET?

What would you do if you slept with a Grey?

Is ET Gay?

So, delete my serious threads if you will mr. super mod guy, maybe this site is not for me. Certainly as of late I could just cuddle up with a National Enquirer and get the same level of entertainment.

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 25/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Perhaps you should send a U2U to a mod and ask why your post was deleted. I've been around here quite a while, and the Mods do not take trastic measures on here without good reason.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by knows_but_doesnt
Why do most "fantasy" and "what if" threads take off, vs. threads that ask serious questions, want serious answers and simply ask for some kind of back up regarding the statements made?

Because they are more interesting, using you imagination

Serious topics? Serious answers? Blah...boring...who needs facts anyway...

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I Agree. I think theres a lot of people on this site that like to speculate on impossible sci-fi type theories that cannot be prooven. But theres nothing wrong with that- unless your really trying to deny ignorance
but I think its rather entertaining to read some of the insane theories postulated on this site about aliens and such. (ESPECIALLY about aliens!) Because i really do wish some of these theories were true, but being sane- I have to say they arent. I really hope Im wrong! Anyways I bet your post got deleted because your post has no point besides bashing the ATS community for their wild imaginations .

Peace.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The mod said it was deleted because of multiple drug references. So, I'll re-post the Reptilian thread stating that a friend "Hallucinated" reptilians while NOT on drugs. Or should I refrain from even using the word "drug" to be safe? Anyway...

To the post above, I'm sorry you feel I'm bashing, but if the shoe fits, then let them wear them. People from all over this world come here because they have either had an experience, or seek answers. It's a shame that they have to sift through all the forum "hobby fantasy" writers to find anything remotely real or helpful.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by knows_but_doesnt
The mod said it was deleted because of multiple drug references.

:shk:

while I completely understand the reasoning, I feel like this is a huge limitation on the ATS community - HUGE limitation. It's like having a sports forum, and banning any talk of steroids. It's an elephant that's always in the room.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by knows_but_doesnt

I could not agree more. The more I read the on these forums, the more I believe that people are desperately trying to grasp on to something that is just not there. Sure makes a boring day come to laughter though.

I had the exact melt down on the Paranormal forum. You can read the single post. I listed all the Laughable topics that I could recall in the last 2 weeks.

Aliens...don't exist. Neither, do demons.

Cheers,

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well there you go. If you read the terms and conditions, you will see that you are not allowed to post references to illegal activity, including drug use. So why question why your post was deleted?

This is a board run by people and is free for us, and they have rules. Follow them, and you will not have a problem.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

I completely agree.i made a post about that very fact that they should open up a forum just for poeple who do it as a spiritual thing.Such as shamans and such.

My idea got compaired to pedophelia by a mod then the whole thread was closed.He said if we allow a forum about that then we may as well allow pedophelia forums.They are very very against any talk of drugs.

Even though I hear it on coast to coast all the damm time and they promote ATS so how does that work?

Any way I find ATS to be a valuable asset.If your sick of the "crazier" stories then stick with the current events and breaking news sections.I rarely ever go into anything other unless something catches my eye on the most recent posts.We get down to some real facts on the two forums I mentioned.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I have heard they are worried about being filtered out of search engines because of adult content references. I dread the day when economic pressure can be used to stop post on lets say conspiracy theories.

There is a way to get your meaning out about a persons state of mind without direct references.

My example would be something like this. It is a long replacement for one word but allows you to communicate your thoughts without violating rules. It is not advocating or attempting to normalize discussion of the topic or choices involved.

my friend was not at his best, and his thoughts were not what we would consider beyond the possibility of skewed perception. He has issues he chooses that sometimes lead to this.

I don't think they would consider this wrong, but I may be wrong, correct me mod if an attempt to allude to a situation is the same as graphically describing it.

I got edited for putting what I thought was an allowable word that joking referred to a level of excitement in a guy in public office, but I understand that, I did not think of context and not just the actual choice of non offensive word.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
One year ago, I would never have thought that I'd check a discussion
forum first thing in the morning right after FOX/CNN/ABC.com. There
are some very good posts in the ATS forums that beat the heck out of
the mainstream news on many days. In fact, I sometimes feel that
the news outlets use ATS as a barometer to decide what to put on
their front pages. When some topics get big here, all of a sudden
CNN, Fox, ABC or CBS pick it up. The Peruvian UCO was the latest
such occurance.

I suppose since there is no "I understand that this forum contains
adult language" disclaimer box to press before entering ATS, the
owners want to keep the forum suitable for those under age 18.
YouTube is really sanitizing their content too as of late, so there
must be some kind of compliance structuring undercurrent running
through the internet this year.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Well there you go. If you read the terms and conditions, you will see that you are not allowed to post references to illegal activity, including drug use. So why question why your post was deleted?

Undertood completely. I thought this was supposed to be a family oriented podium? If that were the case, I would hope your avatar would at a minimum show more? j/k. Well, not really.

[edit on 9/28/2007 by Stockburn] Laughy face.

[edit on 9/28/2007 by Stockburn]

top topics

join