It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me what is going on with me.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
OK I have beeen browsing this site since I was around 12, and I read reports of ghost stories and monsters, and wished it would happen to me... but it never did, untill I turned 14...

Now usually I'm a skeptic about the paranormal and super-powers and stuff like that but that changed recently. Now I turned 14 roughly a month ago and ever since then I have been having these dreams where I go to the past, but as soon as the dream starts I realize it's a dream so I take control (I think it's called Lucid Dreaming), anyway usually I try to do things to change the outcome of the dream, so I'm going to give you an example of whats going on...

When I was 8 yrs. old I for some stupid reason jumped out of a window on the 2nd story of my house (around 10-12 feet), now when I did that I gashed my shin open and had to recieve stitches, so as you all know that left a pretty nasty scar, so anyway about 3-4 days after my B-Day I had the first dream, and in that dream I was replaying the moment when I jumped out of the window, but I changed it thinking it was a normal dream, I instead stepped back and went to play with my dog instead... Now when I woke up the next morning I thought everything was normal untill I stubbed my toe and looked down just to see the scar was gone, now at first I thought I was just looking at the wrong leg, but when I checked the other one there was no scar there either, and these dreams have been more and more frequent lately, and on top of all that since these dreams started, I've been having more paranormal encounters, like ghosts, orbs, and creatures...

Anyway my main reason for posting this was to see if anyone out there has had anything like this happen to them, or to see if anyone could tell me whats going on, because this is getting extreamly hard on me, I cant sleep because I'm worried it will happen again, and that it might be an even bigger decision for me to make, so please if you know anything about this please let me know.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Now that you mention it, I remember I used to be able to walk around in my dreams when I was a kid, fully aware that is was a dream. I could throw myself off a cliff just for kicks. I knew it wasnt real.

I havent given it much thought in the last 15 years or so, but your post brought it back for me. Now I feel a bit sad that I dont dream like that anymore.

I never experienced waking up anywhere else than in my bed though, so I think you are talking about some other experience. I was just dreaming and knowing it was a dream, basically.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I have a hard time believing you can change your past in a dream.

I'd have to have a lot more evidence than one post, Sorry.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I expected critics, and if I could prove it right now I would, but how do you expect me to do that when it appears that what ever I change never happened...

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Shadow
I expected critics, and if I could prove it right now I would, but how do you expect me to do that when it appears that what ever I change never happened...

Please do not let the people needing proof discourage you from talking about it. Its the worst mistake you can make in my opinion.

Personally Im fascinated by the whole thing, and would like to hear more. I dont understand why you are worried, because if you are aware that its a dream, and aware that changes in the dream can affect your reality, you should be able to experiment with it in small ways without danger?

For example, move an object in the dream and see if its in the new location when you wake up.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It's just wierd,because when I 'lost' the scar, my entire family didn't belive I ever had a scar, when most of them were in the hospital when I got the stitches, and all the pictures of me where the scar was visible, it's not anymore. I've gotten probaly about 8-10 hours of sleep in the past week, because I'm afraid I'll be presented with a choice that might ruin someones life.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lost_Shadow

Well, not to scare you or anything, but if the scar disappeared in one reality, it means that the scar didnt happen in that reality, so of course nobody else remembers it.

So basically your story, while incredible, seems to indicate that you can move between different versions of realities, or create new realities as a result from changing things in these dreams you have.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
So what your saying is I've been traveling through realitys in my dreams, and possibly destroying other realitys?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Im not sure about destroying them. I just think of it as having 1000 realities where your actions in your dreams decides which one you will end up in when you wake up.

Sounds quite incredible, but even if you are just making this up, I have nothing to lose in talking to you about it and trying to help you understand it.

There is another thread talking about how each choice we make create a new version of reality according to scientists... located here. Your experience sounds like it could fit in that theory.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
But what about the ghosts and stuff what does that have to do with the reality 'hopping'?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Well, according to the M-theory (or string theory), there must be more dimensions to each reality than the three ordinary ones. I think the string theory talks about 10 dimensions + the time dimension.

So its possible that seeing ghosts are just glimpses from other dimensions that are going on at the same time as ours, but is unseen most of the time by people.

All this is strictly me making guesses based on what Ive read... so dont take my word as "The Truth", its just a theory by someone who really dont know much about this.

Dont be afraid to talk about things like this. The more I read about how the universe works, the more I realize that anything is possible.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
So not only can I 'hop' from reality to reality I can see into other dimensions?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Shadow
So not only can I 'hop' from reality to reality I can see into other dimensions?

Yeah. I know it sounds quite impossible though.

Why not move an object in a dream and see if its in a new location when you wake up?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I hope this isnt a hoax, but let me tell you i have thought that this is a possibility. i gave it much thought. What you are doing is called lucid dreaming, it is when you are able to control your dreams...it is very very amazing to do, and i suggest you read up allot on it and continue with your experiments. Also with lucid dreaming, astral projection comes next, so you may be able to go outside of your body...when you dreaming and you know you are dreaming tell yourself " i want to astral project" or " i want to leave my body", you may have more control in astral form and go go into the past and future...its really amazing what the mind can do, i am just now trying to figure out how to lucid dream.

But let me tell you i have thought about this, going back in time "mentally" and changing the past, i envy you, if you are really able to do this...and i dunno i think you are, if your not a hoaxer.

have you seen the movie the butterfly effect, i heard that there was actually a guy that could do it and it was based on the movie. Ask yourself in the dreams how you are able to do this, you might get and answer

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Umm... I'll try but what if I wake up halfway across the universe, or what if I don't wake up, I mean there huindreds of possible outcomes of where I'll end up, so what do I do if I don't come back to this reality?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I would still experiment with it. Im curious as hell just reading about it.
And I doubt there will be any danger in moving an object. Its a simple test that shouldnt affect anything else in that reality.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
you are in every reality, they say that there is only one soul...yours, but it probably has the ability to experience multiplet's things in other realities but still be the same thing...you get my drift

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Ok then I guess I'm gonna alter reality tonight, and I might try that Astral Projection thing to, but I'm not about to go to sleep yet, so any tips on mastering this or any idea why I of all people am able to do this?

And to answer the thing about the every reality, I have no idea what you mean...

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Lost_Shadow]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You can google around on Astral Projection and find lots of stuff about it. I just picked one of them here.

People have been able to do it for thousands of years, however, only some people it seems. I wish I could do this sort of stuff, but I havent explored it at all.

Its not dangerous at all. Its in fact encouraged. So if I were you, I would experiment with it.

Im not sure if you have heard of Dr Greer who runs the Disclosure Project, but im reading his book at the moment, and he tells the story of being able to leave his body and communicate telepathically with aliens and so on. And this is quite a credible guy in my opinion. He left his high salary job and career after contact with aliens and decided to devote his life to get the truth out.

So I dont doubt its possible, and I encourage you to explore what you can do and use it for good of humanity.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
for a while last year i had to see this councoller and we usually didnt have much to talk about so she introduced me to some stuff i never new about. I have a kinda lopsided chest, as in the ribs dont aline porperly. I had told her about a time when i had once lucid dreamed. I successfully had 3 lucid dreams. She said if i ever did it again to ask for white energy to heal my chest. She said it can really happen.i beleive you, thats ausome that you in a way healed your scar.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join