It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel seeks exemption from atomic rules

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Israel has never allowed the IAEA into there country - and will kill anyone going near the leaking reactor at Dimona.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai
And its not the IAEA making the demands, its America.

HEADLINE: IAEA Wants Access to Iran Military Site

INTRO: The International Atomic Energy Agency says it is making progress in tracking down the sources of contamination found on equipment in Iran. But the U.N. nuclear watchdog is calling for Iran to allow inspection of key sites to verify whether the Islamic republic's nuclear program is purely peaceful, as Tehran claims. Marlene Smith reports for VOA from IAEA headquarters in Vienna.

www.globalsecurity.org...

What you are saying is that they should do what America demands no matter if they have rights or not.

No, I'm not saying anything of the sort, doesn't matter what I say anyway. If they want to continue the stand off and give the Bush administration fuel to continue their conquest, that's up to them. It's all part of the bigger plan anyway. You guys can continue to stand on whatever side of the line you wish and argue whatever points you choose. I'm pretty sick of this whole violent planet and tired of debating which forms of violence and murder are most acceptable or justified. I just say, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, to hell with everybody.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

I'm sure you're correct. And if it were up to me, they wouldn't be allowed to have nuclear weapons either. Nobody would. I just can't get behind those who say Iran has a "right" to have nuclear weapons, cuz if that's the case, then everybody does, and that's not a world I want to live in, and probably won't for too long (not by my choice).

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
i feel the same as u 27jd

im afraid all we can do is brace for impact now...

btw AWESOME vids of scott ritter
that guy really rocks (too bad he isnt our president)

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Your link is two years old. Things have changed since.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Im sorry but that link is nearly 3 years old now - the IAEA have been to those sites allready.

The IAEA have allready stated Iran has complied with 95% of the inspection teams criteria , and the LPW reactor (which cannot make weapons grade material or plutonium) is fuelled and ready to go hot (allegedly).

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai
Your link is two years old. Things have changed since.

Well, this article is from today...

While the IAEA cannot now confirm the absence of undeclared nuclear materials and activities, that is a challenging determination that takes considerable time and requires enhanced inspections not now accepted by Iran.

www.newsday.com...

It goes on to say that Iran and the IAEA have agreed to work out a plan though, so we'll see. Hopefully they will follow through this time, but I have my doubts.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The facts are, Israel is attempting to get more WMD's. I say we go in and Liberate them. We didn't find any in Iraq, so let's go somewhere we KNOW we won't look like idiots. Start by bombing their government and nuclear sites, then we go in and capture the leaders, hang them, and install a new government.

Of course, I'm putting a spin on the above sentence, but if you took offense to it... then now you understand the disgust much of the world has when you say the same about Iran.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
Im sorry but that link is nearly 3 years old now - the IAEA have been to those sites allready.

Maybe so, but that's what a shell game is. You move things around, allow inspections here and not there, move them again, allow them there and not here. It's what made Saddam look so guilty and gave the initial reason for the war, which of we all know has changed a few times since. I really am convinced it's all just a show, from both "sides", to divide us and rally us to fight each other, but for the same hidden agenda.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

The part you highlighted is the words of the author, not the IAEA.

It may be that additional inspections are to be required in the future but all inspection commitments now have been met.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

They didn't do that. The IAEA found centrifuges with traces of Uranium on them. They did an investigation and found they came from Pakistan.

Inspectors were not blocked from the main site or others.

If they had blocked inspectors you can be sure there would be news up to your eyeballs in the US media.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Malichai]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Malichai

Here's an article from a year ago...

VIENNA, Aug. 31 — The global nuclear monitoring agency deepened suspicions on Thursday about Iran’s nuclear program, reporting that inspectors had discovered new traces of highly enriched uranium at an Iranian facility.

Inspectors have found such uranium, which at extreme enrichment levels can fuel bombs, twice in the past. The International Atomic Energy Agency concluded that at least some of those samples came from contaminated equipment that Iran had obtained from Pakistan.

But in this case, the nuclear fingerprint of the particles did not match the other samples, an official familiar with the inspections said, raising questions about their origin.
www.nytimes.com...

The article goes on to talk about how the IAEA report "captures the long pattern of confusion, stonewalling, partial disclosure of information and a minimum of cooperation under Iran’s international obligations to the agency and details new suspicious activities." In other words, shell games.

I suspect we will see more shell games in the future, leading up to whatever the powers that be have planned.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

The article is over a year old. The IAEA has since said the problems were cleared up. Most were simple accusation by America and the rest easily explainable.

I suggest reading the IAEA reports....

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Malichai

Well, you may be right. I admit I haven't read the reports, if you happen upon them again, maybe you could drop a link or something. Either way, again, I believe this is all staged and planned by forces far below the surface. I'm pretty sure Bush and Ahmadinejad play for the same team.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by somedude
Oh yes he made clear his desires for what should become of the country, but he did not make clear if Iran plans to take action to see that it gets there. Whether the development of the Israel state was right or wrong is not the issue here. The fact is that it's there, and is recognized on an international level, no matter how much the rest of the ME region dislikes it. As far as I see it he did not answer the question at all.

What we say is that to solve the 60-year problem we must allow the Palestinian people to decide about its future for itself. This is compatible with the spirit of the Charter of the United Nations and the fundamental principles enshrined in it. We must allow Jewish Palestinians, Muslim Palestinians and Christian Palestinians to determine their own fate themselves through a free referendum. Whatever they choose as a nation everybody should accept and respect. Nobody should interfere in the affairs of the Palestinian nation. Nobody should sow the seeds of discord. Nobody should spend tens of billions of dollars equipping and arming one group there.
We say allow the Palestinian nation to decide its own future, to have the right to self-determination for itself. This is what we are saying as the Iranian nation.

The Iranian nation is a cultured nation. It is a civilized nature. It seeks, it wants, new talks and negotiations. It's for it. We believe that in negotiations and talks, everything can be resolved very easily. We don't need threats; we don't need to point bombs or guns; we don't need to get into conflict if we talk. We have a clear logical about that.

That sounds like a clear plan to me, a series of talks leading to an open refferendum in palestine.

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
The IAEA have lllready `inspected` Iran to a greater depth than Argentina and Brazil - they have allready said they are satisfied about the programme - but certain countries will demand more and more inspections and cite `lack of co-operatiion` as a justification for more action.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I applauded your ability to admit that you don't really have the full picture as far as inspections goes.

If you're really interested, there's some very current information within the thread in my sig.

As far as playing on the same team... I kinda doubt it. Iran isn't as susceptible to penetration of "The Owners" simply because it does have strong fundamentalist roots.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Parity in the Middle East doesn't exist now. Nuclear material that cannot be traced to any facility points to Iran as a prime suspect. If Iran is already putting out fissionable material then our dum-ath CIA has missed a facility of theirs. The CIA must just be using our satellites to peer into naked ladies' bedrooms on the taxpayers' dollar.
Now that Iran is actively making the stuff, sure Israel needs to do something. More power to the Israelis. I mean they need more power. The U.S. needs to plough some rows deep and wide around Israel.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
As far as playing on the same team... I kinda doubt it. Iran isn't as susceptible to penetration of "The Owners" simply because it does have strong fundamentalist roots.

I wasn't really referring to Iran as a nation, but to the president. I think it's just too convenient that he is so openly defiant, and belongs to that bizarre shiite sect that makes him look even more unstable. He's a convenient boogey man, and my gut feeling tells me there's something not legitimate about him. To my understanding there's a divide to some degree between him and the religious leaders of Iran.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
More power to Israel. I mean MORE POWER. Fare thee well, Israel. Good Luck and GOD BLESS ISRAEL!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join