It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel seeks exemption from atomic rules

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Israel seeks exemption from atomic rules

news.yahoo.com

VIENNA, Austria - Israel is looking to a U.S.-India nuclear deal to expand its own ties to suppliers, quietly lobbying for an exemption to non-proliferation rules so it can legally import atomic material, according to documents made available Tuesday to The Associated Press.

The move is sure to raise concerns among Arab nations already considering their neighbor the region's atomic arms threat. Israel has never publicly acknowledged having nuclear weapons but is generally considered to....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
"legaly" import atomic material... Does that mean isreal atomic program has operated much like a rouge state before? It apears the the US has once again opened a pandoras box with its proposed deal with India (another nation that has not signed the NPT). This push can only serve to increase tension in the region AND further convinve Iran that an independant nuclear program is the way go (not that they need anymore convincing). Where is the hue and cry for the one state we know has nukes and refuses to place its nuclear program under internation review?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
My Opinion

No treaty signed no need to worry.

You sign treaties you should honour them.

thats my opinion

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
so its fine for Israel to run as the nuclear bully but not others then...

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Here is the definition of Irony:

A country does not sign the Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty, and has nuclear weapons.....

That same country talks about bombing a neighboring country that has no nuclear weapons, and signed the Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty, with nuclear weapons, because they MIGHT be trying to get nuclear weapons.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

That same country talks about bombing a neighboring country that has no nuclear weapons, and signed the Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty, with nuclear weapons, because they MIGHT be trying to get nuclear weapons.

You are kind if leaving out the part where the country that MIGHT be getting Nuclear weapons has a stated goal of wiping Israel off the map.

That is sort of an important component here...you know if truth is of any importance.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
i never understood this with Israel,why on the world stage do they feel like no rule(s) should be applied to them? or if someone say's he isnt a "jew"fan the person is looked at like he just commited murder?... i have never understood this!.. ehat makes them so special in alot of peoples eyes?.. some one please tell me so i can try and get a grip on this whole Israel is so000 much better then the rest thing.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
That is sort of an important component here...you know if truth is of any importance.

If the truth was any importance to you would have known that it was intentionally mistranslated by MEMRI. You would've known that it was for regime change. You wouldn't have spout the same BS fed to you by the talking heads.

Here, do yourself a favour and look for the truth:

Understanding the Iran Dis-Info Campaign

On-topic: You can call it irony, you can call it hypocrisy, you can even call it double standards. It's all the same in this case.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

If the truth was any importance to you would have known that it was intentionally mistranslated by MEMRI.

If you had any interest in truth you would stop repeating that lie you keep throwing out there. Oh and also, sane people don't look for "truth," on message boards. They try to use more reputable sources. Your mileage may vary.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Oh and also, sane people don't look for "truth," on message boards. They try to use more reputable sources. Your mileage may vary.

Reputable sources, you mean like an actual Iranian who speaks Farsi? Have you spoken to one, and do you speak Farsi?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

If you had any interest in truth you would stop repeating that lie you keep throwing out there.

LOL

Hate to tell you, but the reason people keep repeating it is because it's a fact, his line was intentionally mistranslated by MEMRI, an Israeli propaganda organ.

He said the Israeli government would be "wiped from the pages of time" like the Soviet Union - IE a regime change. Unless you're under the misapprehension that Russia has been destroyed and it's population exterminated, it's hardly the call for genocide it's been potrayed as.

Sorry people keep trying to confuse you with the facts...

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

He said the Israeli government would be "wiped from the pages of time" like the Soviet Union - IE a regime change. Unless you're under the misapprehension that Russia has been destroyed and it's population exterminated, it's hardly the call for genocide it's been potrayed as.

Sorry people keep trying to confuse you with the facts...

You are, quite clearly, *SNIP*. Please, feel free to continue to defend this criminal. The state of Israel doesn't have the luxury of believing his lies. He has been clear in his intentions. They will not and should not allow him to gain nuclear capability. Neither will we...nor most of the rest of the world.

--------------------------------
Snipped personal attack

Please read this rule from the T&C's carefully;

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

You have a U2U

[edit on 26/9/07 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
Here is the definition of Irony:

A country does not sign the Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty, and has nuclear weapons.....

yeah and unlike iran who has been compliant

funny how things work

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

You are, quite clearly, delusional.

Explain to me exactly what I am deluded about?
Please don't troll.

Please, feel free to continue to defend this criminal.

I'm not "defending" him - I am not a fan of Ahmadinejad.
He's a loudmouth demagogue, a fundamentalist, and he's been a lousy president for Iran.

On the other hand, I'm not going to fall for obvious propaganda BS either.
He's a jerk, but not "the new Hitler."
Not even close.

The state of Israel doesn't have the luxury of believing his lies.

The state of Israel is another bunch of narcissistic idiot politicians, and they're entirely responsible for their own problems - but that's a subject best left for other threads.

He has been clear in his intentions.

Like all politicians, his "intentions" and his "talking points" are two very different things.
And like all politicians, his "talking points" change depending on who he's talking to.

They will not and should not allow him to gain nuclear capability.

Short of nuking Iran, there's not much they can do about it, except try to convince them it's a stupid idea.

Neither will we...nor most of the rest of the world.

Short of nuking Iran, there's not much we can do about it, except try to convince them it's a stupid idea.

[edit on 9/25/07 by xmotex]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I understand that genocide is a huge step up from armed invasion, but would someone mind clearing up how claiming that the Israeli government will be "wiped from the pages of time" is not still a real threat against Israel? To me that sounds like he is saying that Iran will be doing the wiping, possibly with the assistance of nuclear weapons. Or was he just hoping that the Israeli government would step down from power because of his speech?

And to be honest, I'm not even sure that he was misquoted anymore. His unwillingness to clear that up when asked about it at Columbia University casts doubt back into my mind. Either way, even while assuming that he was misquoted, that still leaves a very real threat at hand.

Edit to add: Sorry I got a little off track from the OP, just wanted to add that I do not believe that Isreal should be exempt from atomic rules.

[edit on 9/25/2007 by somedude]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Sorry as much of a supporter of Israel that I am, they can not have it both ways, of the denounce Iran by trying to acquire nuclear weapons, what business do they have doing the same?

It does not or should not work like that IMO, Iran is wrong if they are pushing to acquire nuclear weapons and Israel too for trying to circumvent international law for what ever purposes they see fit, U.S. Does the same quite often and it gets me mad too.

If Israel wants to stand in the moral high ground they should not be acting shady or behind the scenes that's what they accuse Iran of doing.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by somedude

I'm quite amazed at people saying he did not clear this up. I think he was PERFECTLY clear in his intentions for israel: a democratic election where the PEOPLE, and he means ALL the people, not just the jewish people, get to decide how their country is run.

apart from the fact that it is a mainly jewish leadership oppressing an arab population instead of a white one oppressing a black one, someone please tell me how israel is any different than apartheid south africa? would you have been upset at someone saying they think that apartheid south africa should be wiped off the map with a democratic election? I certainly wouldnt.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Oh yes he made clear his desires for what should become of the country, but he did not make clear if Iran plans to take action to see that it gets there. Whether the development of the Israel state was right or wrong is not the issue here. The fact is that it's there, and is recognized on an international level, no matter how much the rest of the ME region dislikes it. As far as I see it he did not answer the question at all.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It is interesting to me what the concept of nuclear weapons has become. You know no one's ever going to use them, so why waste taxes just stockpiling them? Just to be able to say, "I can bring apocalyptal doom to your hemisphere before you can to mine"? Actually, that's what it seems like.
Israel is a unique state. It is a small country surrounded by about twenty counrties who would like nothing better than to nuke the # out of it. Thusly, I think that Israel should be allowed some concessions.
But as I am Jewish, I am very likely partisan, despite my best efforts. Damn those nukes, huh?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Well the irony is that the commie components in India who hold a major stake in the stability of the current govt. are totally against the Indo-US N-Deal!!

So a lot of internal turmoil there as well!
It looks like its time fro som good ol' McCarthyism in India!!

Damn commies!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join