It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for UFO fanatics.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I would like to as a simple yet mind boggling question.
If UFO's do exist, do they need to sleep like us? If they do then where do they stay after traveling all that way?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The notion is that UFO's are extra-terrestrial, but nobody can honestly know for sure what they even are! Speculating about it usually leads into some pretty weird ideas & disccusions, but hey, hats what these forums are all about!

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
First, I'm not a fanatic.

Second, it really irks me
when the UFO phenom is
automatically coupled with
the alien malarkey.

UFO's exist. Just look at
what UFO stands for.

Nowhere in that, does it say
anything about aliens.

Now, does a machine need
sleep ?
If down-time for repairs, up-
grades and fueling can be
considered sleep...I guess.

The pilots need sleep.
Whether they are in the craft,
or flying it remotely.

Anyway,
Lex

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
We dont really know anything about the aliens so its hard to say. But I think most biological life we know of sleeps, so I would say its likely that they do.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
uuuuhhhhhhhhh does your car sleep?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Umm...nice one-liner.

And, when my truck (real
men drive trucks
) isn't
running, it may sleep. I
never asked.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It would depend on how thier evolution occurred. It could be that ET's smart enough for interstellar travel lost the need to sleep because they are so far removed from nature that the requirement for sleep disappeared from non usefulness.

Sleep in most animals is meant to curb the expenditure of energy. Animals that have very high metabolisms need sleep to slow down thier metabolism so they do not have to eat as much food to survive. Imagine a small animal with a high metablolism that never sleeps. It would have to eat more food to stay alive. It would tax the local food sources and probably be the first animal to die in a time of food shortage.

Many features of animals can disappear through disuse. Examples are our appendix has been getting smaller through disuse since man started cooking food, fish living in caves for generations have lost thier eyes, etc.

I also wholeheartedly agree with the person that said you sleep where you can get sleep. Being a Navy veteran I can speak from experience that a sailor sometimes has to take sleep when they can find it. It may only be a small catnap waiting for a refueling ship to pull alongside or during mess hours after grabbing a small snack. Maybe if humans conducted a detailed scan of the lunar face that always faces away from earth they might find some sort of ET hotel or recreation facilities.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Do UFOs need sleep? Unidentified Flying Objects are most likely non-living constructs like our own flying vehicles.

Do extraterrestrials need sleep? If our planet is anything to go by, I would imagine so. Most, if not all animals on our planet have some type of sleep or rest cycle. It's likely this earthly life requirement is ubiquitous to most forms of life everywhere.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Hmm, well first of all, like Lexion said... UFO's probably can't "sleep" (unless Alien spaceships are actual living organisms themselves). But I will just assume you were asking if Aliens need to sleep.

Why would you need to sleep when you can travel across a galaxy almost instantly by amplifying gravity and manipulating time/space? I don't think I would be very tired after that quick of a trip.

People are always asking questions like "How could Aliens pack enough food for that long of a trip" as if Aliens slowly travel across space by rocket propulsion like we do lol...

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Another question this brings to mind; if we get jet lag, is UFO lag a peril for aliens?

Sorry Lex, I know I haven't yet found the real aliens, though I'm pretty sure most of them hold political office.
But I couldn't let the moment for such a question slip by.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The only way I can answer this is... All things need energy to survive/operate.

This works for cars, people, and UFO. IF you dont put gas in your car it will run until its out of energy..

So UFO Im sure have some down time.. Repairs, and recharging..
The aliens who run these UFO are within machines aswell. Different machines for different jobs.. Yet all these machines need energy..

A human body is like a machine. There are many different beings who use "machines" to make contact with us.. They have many different bodies for different jobs.. But all of them need energy to survive..

Spiritual energy is the only one that doesnt need recharging, but we dont know much about spiritual energy, so I will leave that up to the reader.

Edit:spellcheck

[edit on 25-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
When I read that question...
"Hey everyone, I would like to as a simple yet mind boggling question.
If UFO's do exist, do they need to sleep like us? If they do then where do they stay after traveling all that way?"

It seems like the kind of question that a 3 yr old might ask...It is a question with zero thought behind it...But, I have to admitt that the good folks a ATS tried to answer it every which way possible...except for turn off that light put down the comic book and go to bed,,,There is pre school in the morning,,....but while you asked...we just set are alarms get some sleep just like you regular people,.. then it's wake up and freak out the earthlings,...like any other day..oh and yes you can park anywhere you want in space...

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The more relevant question that needs to be asked is why can't people comprehend that we are not the byproduct of this earth.

The human history written by our historians are full of myths and fantasies yet there are telltale signs from our ancient relics discovered by anthropologists clearly indicates that earth humanity was seeded by Ets on numerous occasions.

Certain biblical texts, although very unreliable, alludes to this reality.

If people asks themselves how it is possible that a civilisations many thousands of years preceding ours could have acquired technologies that far surpasses our current scientific and technological level, a realisation would dawn that we need to rethink about our past as well as our current paradigm we approach this subject matter with.

There are no easy answers as the more we delve into the matter, the more mysterious it becomes.

top topics

join