It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No End in Sight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
i watched this Documentary and it's a very good lo0k into how things went to crap in iraq.. i think you can find it on youtube,but there are sites that are streaming i think... check it out. i never heard of it,some of you might have.. this isnt new.. but those of you that never seen it... i suggest you check it out.

Nearly four years after President Bush declared an end to combat in Iraq, the country is still fraught with daily casualties, costly commitments, and an ongoing debate on how to end the violence. How did it come to this?

This week, NOW's David Brancaccio speaks with two very different, but unforgettable men who allege that U.S. bungling in Iraq created and fueled the deadly insurgency. Paul Hughes, a retired Army colonel, was part of the transition team after the U.S. invasion of Iraq. He says key decisions were made that ignored the realities of Iraq. Omar Fekeiki was a Washington Post reporter and translator who risked his life to help U.S. journalists.

Here's a youtube lik to get you started to find it.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

I posted some time back how the US allowed Ukrainians to be in charge of destroying Hussein’s largest weapons depot. Well when I looked at it in 2004 there were still munitions being removed to make Improvised Explosives. The corruption and down right theft by US Contractors and CMAT representatives.

But speaking of things going to "crap" our people in Iraq need to take this crap seriously please pass on this message from the US consulate in Baghdad:

Cholera Outbreak in Iraq

Since late July, health authorities in the Sulaymaniyah, Tamim (Kirkuk), and
Erbil Provinces of northern Iraq have reported nearly 15,000 cases of acute
diarrheal disease among the population. In lab tests, over 1,600 cases have
been confirmed as cholera. The World Health Organization (WHO) considers this
to be an outbreak of cholera in Iraq. As of September 20, the WHO reports
isolated cases of cholera elsewhere in Iraq.
The WHO reports nine deaths in Sulaymaniyah Province and one in Tamim (Kirkuk)
Province due to diarrheal disease. The WHO and the Government of Iraq are
working closely, along with a number of non-governmental organizations, to
mobilize a strong response to the outbreak.

At present, the WHO does not recommend any special restrictions to travel or
trade to or from affected areas. American citizens in Iraq are nevertheless
urged to watch for symptoms of diarrheal disease and to seek medical attention
Cholera is not transmitted by casual contact with other people. The cases
reported thus far are occurring in private homes and not in public restaurants.
For additional information on the cholera outbreak in Iraq , please visit the
WHO website at www.who.int... or look for
further updates at www.who.int... .

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Why does the US need to employ contractors to destroy a weapons dump when they have 160,000+ troops in the country not to mention how much munitions of their own that they could use to destroy it?

I am not sure how many troops from other nations there are as well who could have been trusted with the job but surely this would be a job best left with an army.

I can agree that sometimes the 'private sector' can be more efficient but this is ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Why indeed. Why they allow blackwater to continue to operate regardless of the latest snafu. Why indeed.

top topics

join