It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls for student editor to resign after '**** Bush' column

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Calls for student editor to resign after '**** Bush' column

www.cnn.com

FORT COLLINS, Colorado (CNN) -- The College Republicans, a student organization at Colorado State University, weren't planning anything special for the last week of September.

Then on September 21, David McSwane, the editor-in-chief of The Rocky Mountain Collegian, the daily student newspaper, printed the four-word column that sparked a national free speech debate and sent the College Republicans into action, writing a petition to force him to resign.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
this kids got a pair to print something like this... more power to them though!!

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
What an Einstein...

Perhaps the "pair" the student editor should have is brain cells. What does George Bush have to do with the events at the University of Florida? Nothing. The juvenile association is barely acceptable for some mouth breathing MoveOn.org hack, much less a journalism student... What's the next headline? **** Bush, the sun rose this morning?

There is little hope for our future when agenda first crowd permeates our society.

:shk:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
What does George Bush have to do with the events at the University of Florida? Nothing.

really? Did you read the article linked, especially regarding the motive behind this? It was stated the reason for the article was freedom of speech, inspired by Andrew Meyer's actions, and the violation of his freedoms.

:shk::shk::shk:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

There's a leap... First by the "student editor" and then by yourself. Once again, George Bush had no impact on the events that occurred at the University of Florida, or for "freedom of speech" in in general. I'm always amused when "freedom of speech" is bandied about like some catch all get out of jail free card. It's not... And I blame public education for the masses inability to understand the true nature and scope of the First Amendment to the Constitution of The United States.

Perhaps at some point vitriol will be supplanted by substance, but I'm not seeing a positive trend .

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
not sure where my leap came into play. i was just relaying the information you obviously ignored/missed from the article, and even trying to draw it out for you, since it appears you were unable to see the connection being drawn.

i never made any statements as to my personal opinion in this thread.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

So a claim of "I did it because of this" imparts validity? I must have missed that "connection" class... And yes, your tacit acceptance of the editor's explanation" makes you complicit.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
heh, so now I am in on the conspiracy?

If you want my opinion, there is no need to draw it out using backhanded comments, just ask

Personally, I think he should resign as well. I do not think this is a case for freedom of speech, in any way. Unless this kid is printing and distributing this entire publication by himself, then other people should probably resign as well.

your tacit acceptance of the editor's explanation" makes you complicit.

I'm just not so argumentative, that I will ignore a perspective being presented, simply because i disagree with it. :shk:

[edit on 25-9-2007 by scientist]

new topics

top topics

join