It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mystery of the Piri Reis map

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I was attempting to find info on the American pilot explorer who found a strange land in the Arctic/Antarctica? and came upon this. I think you may find it interesting.
Regards
John

www.world-mysteries.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Hey there, I just found this thread and have to say that there are several old maps that show Antarctica during it's ice-free period. I first discovered the info about Piri Reis when I was researching my theory about subterraneous, inverted pyramids (for my book 'The Atlantean Analysis'). Have to say it made my day because it confirmed the possibilities of my weird idea ... (oh, and that I wasn't quite as crazy as I was beginning to think I was)

The ice-core samples taken during the 'byrd expedition' proved that the last ice-free period at Antarctica was around 10,500bc ... which ties in nicely with the time that the Atlanteans were in residence.

Got some pretty unique ideas about the Atlanteans but it goes of track so I'll probably start a new thread about it sometime

Bit shocked that nobody else has posted here I would have thought there'd be many replies.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Nice maps... I'm very fond of cartography myself...

How long until someone bring the Hollow Earth Theory on this thread?

Peace

join