It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All right...here it is...Bash Clinton all you want here.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Obviously this topic needs to be made purely because nobody can talk about the wrong things that either party do wrong without having Clinton's name said in the same breath. In the interest of "denying ignorance" and being able to move forward with more enlightened debate, I say we should get this off of our chest.

Here let me start this off:

1> Clinton lied, not only to the people (like every friggin' president/politician ever), but under oath and perjured himself. He should have had a whole lot more than a slap on the wrist censure and an impeachment.

2> He tried to go to war with Iraq using the WMDs argument.

3> He tried to dissolve the CIA. Unlike the military, the CIA is important no matter which way you spin your story.

That's all I can think of right now. I'm pretty sure everyone else has plenty to add to this.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Clinton is another piece of crap lying sack of # bastard devil worshipping retarded moronic no good stupid asshole!!!!! And he's also a #@*%$&^*@(@$#%^*&**^&#%^!!!!

How's that? Did I do good?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Clinton is another piece of crap lying sack of # bastard devil worshipping retarded moronic no good stupid asshole!!!!! And he's also a #@*%$&^*@(@$#%^*&**^&#%^!!!!

How's that? Did I do good?

Perfectamundo!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Perfectamundo!

Great!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hey... stop it now...

Just ask any liberal democrat...Clinton was the greatest president ever!!

Hey....lets ammend the constitution so he can be re-elected..

Never mind...Clinton already tried that

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
hahah Good one.

Plain and simple, Clinton is highly responsible for the mess we're in these days. Dude had negative foreign policy. He slipped up by not seeking Osama out in 1993/1994 and he made an even bigger mistake by not taking him from Sudan.

Yeah, the economy was good and all, but look where concentrating on the economy got us. Like I've always said, what good are jobs if there is no military to protect the working people?

We got caught sleeping and President Clinton hit the snooze button so much that the alarm stopped sounding.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by krankinkx
Hey... stop it now...

Just ask any liberal democrat...Clinton was the greatest president ever!!

any lib dems here actually think clinton was the best ever??..nope..didnt think so..

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Clinton confused Martha Stewart, because she was under the impression, after watching the impeachment proceedings, that purgery wasn't a crime any longer...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK

The despicable part of this (besides the obvious hypocrisy coming from the left) is that his true purpose for doing this was to distract attention from the whole Lewinsky episode. At least in the movie "Wag the Dog" the war used for distraction was FAKE. You libs may not agree with Bush's reasoning for invading Iraq, but Clinton's motivation was reprehensible in the extreme.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Eh, Bill would bomb another country every time some damning piece of evidence would come up in the impeachment trial. It sucked to be foriegn when Bill Clinton had some bad press coming out.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It sucks to be foreign period now that Bush is destroying our reputation. It sucks even worse to be a travelling American. At least Bill Clinton needed a distraction, Bush goes to war and doesn't care about any criticsm he gets from his own country.

Kram - Bill Clinton slipped up by not delivering Osama Bin Laden? Where is Bush now with OBL's head?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Quote, originally posted by OXmanK,
Obviously this topic needs to be made purely because nobody can talk about the wrong things that either party do wrong without having Clinton's name said in the same breath. In the interest of "denying ignorance" and being able to move forward with more enlightened debate, I say we should get this off of our chest.

I will still have to bring up Clinton and his actions when I feel it is relevent in response to other posts that completely blame Bush for intelligence failures, Lying about WMD, Tax policy , North Korea, Capture of Osama and Pre-emptive military action. (probably left a few out)

The reason I feel this way is because such hypocrisy exists on the lefts failure to call-out Clinton in the past as is done on the very same subjects with Bush and then to sit back and say attack the subject or person (not historical cause) in the news is facitious at best.

Presidential decisions are not made in a vacuum, there is a pathway followed that was set down in history by others and its that path that I will continue to harp on when I feel others are having a memory loss.

Part of enlightend debate is "how did we get here" and it is an important part of the discussion that we can agree or disagree on but it should not be silenced in support of one view.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Phoenix, although I do agree with you, I want to make the point that the left isn't the only side guilty of that. That's (sadly) what politics has become. Scream whenever the other side does something, and praise when your side does the exact same thing.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Phoenix, although I do agree with you, I want to make the point that the left isn't the only side guilty of that. That's (sadly) what politics has become. Scream whenever the other side does something, and praise when your side does the exact same thing.

Thanks, In several post here on ATS I have been critical of Bush administration and I'm not the Neocon everyone might think I am - just halfway
And yes both sides do get extreme.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
OK, I'll play !!!

Originally posted by OXmanK

Here let me start this off:

1> Clinton lied, not only to the people (like every friggin' president/politician ever), but under oath and perjured himself. He should have had a whole lot more than a slap on the wrist censure and an impeachment.

Yes, that damn infidelity thing. It was most certainly worth $70 million, several hundred Agents being taken away from things like - I don't know - finding people learning to fly but not land?, and a sordid & perverse public description of sex acts in order to smear a sitting president. Who cares if a spouse is the only person a cheater needs to atone with, he lied until he was cornored on having an affair.....those other 300 million Americans who are cheating & accounting for the 50% divorce rate should fess up too!

We've been bombing Iraq, continuously, since 1991. I actually stopped only after this recent invasion. He never looked to invade the country or go to war, but he did get the legal consent should he have seen the necessity. There's your confusion.

3> He tried to dissolve the CIA. Unlike the military, the CIA is important no matter which way you spin your story.

Dissolve the CIA? Really? New one on me, and I'm pretty up on refuting the politics of smear.

That's all I can think of right now. I'm pretty sure everyone else has plenty to add to this.

Kids, Clinton was not a Liberal. In fact, he was openly villified by Liberals. The reason that your Jr.Republican programming has you fill up on that mess is very simple:

From economic policy to application of economic measures/incentives/legislation, as well as a healthy balance between profit & social responsibility.....Clinton did what the Republicans could only promise and did it much better than they could ever had hoped. Being as I started my business in 1993, I remember very well how the Republicans stonewalled/wailed/predicted doom on Clinton's policies. He inherited a deficit that was almost 50% of out GDP at the time, and turned it into a surplus. Admirable efficency. Hence, the slander.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Phoenix that may be, but in one of your recent posts it seems like you are justifying lying on the right side of the arguement by pointing out the lies of the left.

All I can say is no # that we are here because of the past however the sentiment of, "well the last president lied about this" is not good argument material. And I'm not pointing fingers only at you. I have seen this in previous debates on this part of the board. It just seems that everyone ends up looking hypocritical whenever they pull the past President card. Also, by pulling said card, normally, you end up avoiding the issue. Besides, you cannot point and blame everything on Clinton. Just like we cannot point and blame everything on Bush.

A few things that Clinton did that are even relevant in these debates. Lying about WMDs is not. Tax policy? The one where we were pulling in surpluses and reinforcing things like social security? Capture of Osama was never a priority by either president until we were attacked on 9-11. The only people who could have forseen the events of 9-11 were the people who were in office when it happened because...this is bash Clinton time...sorry. Going back to topic....

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'd say the dems were dumb enough to vote him in...

He lied to you, and you believed it.

Just like all the other dems.

George bush ain't no prize either though.

when is a normal person going to run for president, that isn't selfish, narcissistic and dillusional??

how about we annex the government and have an anarchist society instead of a beauracracy??

I don't think anybody likes the whole pyramid setup..

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
when is a normal person going to run for president, that isn't selfish, narcissistic and dillusional??

Never. You need to be selfish and narcissistic to believe you're capable to lead the greatest country on earth. We will never have someone run for office who doesn't think of themselves as being great, because if they didn't, why would they run for office?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I thought that was a normal person

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join