It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Face-Screening' At Airports - Preventing Possible Future Problems?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
"It's not an exact science..." as one interviewed person put it, however, there are a number of inconspicuous individuals who are quite adept at reading not only 'body language', but facial expressions as well.

These plain-clothed, highly trained personel are 'people watching' in many airports across the nation.

They believe they can spot a potential threat, just by decifering the many facades on our faces.

I wonder how many 'false arrests' will ensue, should they make a few crucial mistakes in their 'readings'?

Here comes my most hated cliche: 'Can't judge a book by its cover'.

It's better to be safe than sorry, and yet...

Airport Face Screening

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Imagine having a bad day for whatever reason.

Now imagine the embarassment of being hauled away in front of everyone, based on the suspicions of these face-screeners.

That would really throw me for a loop!

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Yeah that's great, I arrive at the airport tired and cranky. Or Some fool doesn't like my face and decides "well he looks like he is having a bad day we better detain him" Think of the many many law suites. or maybe not just another step closer to martial law.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

I absolutely hear ya.

Not to be too cheeky or whatever, but imagine being constipated? Imagine the faces we all could have with that one. (Sorry bad analogy)

State police?

Mabey.

It would definately have an impact in the court of law: "Innocent until proven guilty" wouldn't suffice here.

Everyone would be 'sized-up' - "face-screened', and would be declared:

GUILTY until proven innocent

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
this borders on thought-crime (1984 anyone?)

"excuse me sir, your facial expressions have been alerting us to potentially violent behavior, please come with us..."

new topics

top topics

join