It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race to the Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
China, Japan, India.............US ambitious push for 2020

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This is good news, i especially liked this bit about the article.

Mineral samples from the moon contained abundant quantities of helium 3, a variant of the gas used in lasers and refrigerators as well as to blow up balloons, and space experts say that may offer a solution to the earth's energy shortages.

Technology for converting helium 3 to energy is still far away, but spacefaring nations are already talking about a permanent human presence on the moon and looking beyond to Mars and more distant planets.

I wonder how they would set up ownership, with regards to parts of the moon, how would the resources be shared?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
First come first serve...or whoever gets the biggest guns up there first...
.....we will bring our greedy interests to every corner of space if given half a chance...
..........I hate to be so negative...but guys like Carter(x-pres) just don't run things anymore...

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
why did I not add this the first time...?...anyways,.....would you not want to get up there and check out WHY the moon had bell like sounds resignating from within ?....and perhaps only 30 meters down is metal ??...that is way out there...Mr Lears kinda action...I just want to live long enough to learn in the regular media that the moon is ...ahem...manufactured...!....side question...with all the helpfull things ATS has...why can't we have Spell-checking... ...it would clean up many posts...(like mine)

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It is quite interesting that we are now relegated to landing rovers on the moon 50 yrs hence the Apollo missions. Something just doesn't make sense with that.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
first we rape this planet.... now the moon is next.... if the sun was accessible we would land and lay claim to that too...reminds me of a line from the movie MATRIX... when A.Smith says that humans are like a virus...we consume every natral resource in the area... then move to the next and do the same.

join