It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallel universes really do exist, according to a mathematical discovery

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by manbearpig
this all ties into the law of atraction.

1. we are the master of our thoughts
2.our life experince is in our hands
3. we can be, do, or have any thing we want.

we just have to visualize it. THOUGHTS BECOME THINGS!!!!

It's not that simple.

It is very simple - frightfully simple - but in a different way.

And you do have to let go, or you won't get anything.

So... yes, by all means, do be careful about what you're thinking and/or wishing for.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
reply to post by etshrtslr
its just that we never explore it since we have stepped away from everything that cant be scientifically proven.

I think we will view this as a mistake in the future.

So don't wait for the future.
Do not waste your time on so-called "scientific proof" and so-called "skeptics".
(A true skeptic is, by definition, open-minded.)

I mean it.
Some day, you'll be dreadfully sorry that you did.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
I mean it.

I see you are a relatively new member of ATS and I must ask you to please contribute your thoughts and comments in a respectful manor but do not be so arrogant and threatening to other members of ATS.

As several members have pointed out previously in this thread it has been remarkably lacking of hostility or derision toward other members post or opinions and I wish to keep it that way.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by etshrtslr]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr
reply to post by aimlessly

It is mind boggling. Just think that for every person there is a parallel universe for every possible decision or action that can be taken by that individual person.

I am not sure that is necessarily the case.
Which brings me to the most important question of all:

WHAT exactly is the "act of observing"?

A thought?

An intention?

A wish?

Where and when does the "observing" take place?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr
reply to post by goosdawg

The experiment in your link sounds alot like the double slit experiment with a few key differences.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by etshrtslr]

Thats one of the clips from the flim "What the Bleep Do we Know!?".
en.wikipedia.org...
Very interesting flim and it goes on explaining quantum physics at the subatomic scale that we are all connected, the "superposition" and all that.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by damefool]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I see you are a relatively new member of ATS and I must ask you to please contribute your thoughts and comments in a respectful manor but do not be so arrogant and threatening to other members of ATS.

As several members have pointed out previously in this thread it has been remarkably lacking of hostility or derision toward other members post or opinions and I wish to keep it that way.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by etshrtslr]

Arrogance is one thing I've never been accused of - certainly not by anyone who took the time (the 30 seconds or so that it takes to read any of my posts) to "know" me.

As for "derision"... Let's not even go there. Because I really do not want to be a part of a world (as small as it may be) that takes kindness and good humour as "derision".

But of course, anyone who'd interpret the post above as "arrogance" and "derision" will never know me.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Vanitas]

(format edit)

[edit on 29-9-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
---post removed-----

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

specifically...

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities; specifically mind-altering drugs, computer hacking, criminal hate, sexual relations with minors, and stock scams are strictly forbidden.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

Arrogance is one thing I've never been accused of - certainly not by anyone who took the time (the 30 seconds or so that it takes to read any of my posts) to "know" me.

I do not wish to derail this thread and this will be my last post to you unless you can contribute something meaningful and respectful to other ATS members as far as the topic of this thread is concerned.

As of the time of my reply I see exactly 22 of your post. I have read through all of them and there are some of your post that I think we would be in complete agreement on.

On the flip side there are many in my opinion that show an arrogance and a complete lack of respect.

So for me to get to "know" you as you described in your post, I think I need much more of a representative sample of your post before I make that decision.

In the mean time as I said earlier, this will be my last response to you regarding your "attitude" in this thread.

So, unless or until you contribute to the original subject matter of this thread and the corresponding contributions in a respectful manor I wish you luck in your stay here on ATS.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I could have explained parallel universes with math a long time ago!! Whenever I do a math, I get a different answer every time!

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'm actually writing from a parallel universe right now.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I found this video that talks about multiple universes and new discoveries of scientists. Its very interesting.

Lost Secrets of the Sacred Arc Part 1
Lost Secrets of the Sacred Arc Part 2

[edit on 27-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul
I don't believe this for a second, it's actually very unrealistic. And I don't care if some "top scientists" is saying this, they are wrong! And I know it.

You are taking it the wrong way. Don't believe the scientists, believe the proof. Why are they wrong? Don't be so narrow minded and only see what you want to see. You are neglecting proof, not just ideas. Let's see. The scientists are wrong even though they have proof. You are right just because "you know it"

Just because you don't understand things more complex, doesn't mean that others can't. You really, really should have a chat with a physicist.

Well, that might be 100.000 times a second actually, or a billion (who defines that?). Some animals experience time slower than us, which means they can do much more choices in a second than us.

Time and space would split close to (if not) an infinite amount of times per second yes. Nobody is defining how often it's happening because it's (let's not say impossible) but hard. You experience time relative to someone else. Let's say you sit in a train and wave your hands. The train moves close to the speed of light. Now, assuming a person standing on the street would see you wave, it would appear to him as you would wave in slow motion. Even though you experience everything in real time. Everything is relative. About your animals, that's biology, not physics. As I don't feel safe on that area I won't open my mouth.

And isn't the energy needed to create a whole new universe quite big?
I can say one thing, math can't explain everything... If it does then I'll create a stupid math formula which says that the universe is actually a hotdog.

No, it's the same thing as saying a particle in two places the same time has a double mass. You can't weigh a particle in two places the same time. It's not possible. If you try to take one away the whole wave function collapses and everything freezes in one place. The energy, thus mass exists in many locations at once. However, it's not possible to measure it. The act of measuring collapses the wave function.

Never ever dare call math stupid. This is why you will not be able to understand things beyond your own opinions. Math can, and will be able to explain a great deal of things. I won't say all because I don't how the world will look in 100 years. I admit that it's a problem mathematically to explain how particles are in multiple places at one given moment. Yet, math is the key to truth. Quoting Roger Bacon - Neglect of mathematics works injury to all knowledge.

You are missing it. You don't create a math formula "just like that". Everything is based on steps which are true. Your lack of understanding this, is a serious problem. When you deny math, you deny truth.

Until you learn what math is all about or see the beauty in it, there's no point taking this any further.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
hello folks!

I've been a wanderer for many years and I must say, the above network is great! Very resourceful, knowledgeable members and it's addictive! haha

On to the parallel universe, two thumbs up for the OP!

An opinion i want to add to the topic is... (it may be a little off, but anything is possible, since its still not fully understood)...

Supernaturals, Ghosts.

Being in a so-called parallel universe, one may feel, experience or see the existence of supernaturals or ghosts. (ie: Y person may have died in x building, however employees still see 'things' lurking around...feel the presence of Y person.)

Can the parallel universe be the effect of the 'ghosts', supernatural we see, feel or experience? We do live in a universe in which 'energy' surround us all. The 'interference' when two universes meet, may be able to explain the presence of supernaturals/ghosts.

ie: In world 1, Y person may be well dead, however in a parallel universe, there's 'interferences' and when these interference overlaps each other... the Y person supposedly dead in world 1, may be very well alive in world 2 and when crossed together, people in world 1 may see/feel/experience Y person, but in 'parallel universe reality', Y person is just taking presence in world 1 & world 2.....before it dissipates back into world 2 (when the interference goes away...)

just a thought =D

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
I had already either heard of or thought up this myself years ago... I forget which. But yeah, if you randomly jump out of your seat or raise your arm right now for no reason, it will apparently alter the universe you are in.

You know, that helped remind me of something I did when I was around 10 years old.
I got thinking about destiny and changing the future, how much freedom I had to change things and do what I want.
Do i have the power to totally do the unexpected and diverge myself off of the path of what I was 'supposed to do'.

So I started randomly jumping sideways from side to side, as that's something I normally woudln't do.

Why the hell I was thinking of that stuff at 10 years old, or where I got those ideas from i'll never know.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lawlb0t

This sounds pretty cool, I would bump up your 3 times a year to 3 times a month and do some experimenting. I would LOVE to be able to switch, if you figure out how to trigger it let us know.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Personally I think that there may be billions of versions of myself around. Each in their own universe, and all other folk in their universe being a shadow of the real person, like mentioned in another post in this thread.

I think that there is a different me for every thought and feeling I've ever had and will ever have. I can switch between these alternate versions of myself by way of what I focus my attention on, and what meaning I give to my observations and thoughts.

I am a bum in one reality, and a scientist in another.

Do you guys remember the tv show "Sliders"???

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Do you guys remember the tv show "Sliders"???

TheBandit795,

You beat me to the punch.

I was going to do a post on this exact show. I loved to watch it in the 90's.

For any that are unfamiliar with the show here is a link describing it.

Sliders chronicles the adventures of four "travellers" moving between parallel realities searching for the world they left. Sliders first appeared in the spring of 1995 on the FOX television network in the United States and soon was being shown all over the globe. The show recently ended it's third season, the first as a full season series and was summarily cancelled by FOX. Universal, the production company that films the series shopped the show to the SCI-FI Channel which picked up the series for 22 new episodes, in addition to the 48 already created, and started showing selected repeats in March 1998 and the new episodes bowed in June 1998.

www.sliders.net...

The show dealt with many of the ideas that have been espoused in this thread.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tech-Savvy
Hello all, my first post here. I just had to interject with a different spin on this.
What if all of time, from the beginning to the end already exists along with all the parallel universes and every possibility of anything happening has already played out. I hope that makes sense.
And the only thing that changes is our perspective, or our consciousness or spirit which is moving along essentially inhabiting each millisecond of an existence already played out and we are only aware of the moment we are in and the previous ones. Maybe our free will of making choices just makes us jump to different paths along the way.
Just something I thought of, and I figured I would finally just share here instead of being an observer all the time.

New to this string, but you are getting it I think. It might be even simpler than this too.

GM

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lawlb0t

Weed is benign. Don't fret none. The molecule THC has evolved naturally and not by messing with it by limited understanding humans. There are naturally occurring poisons of course, and some nasty toxins, dangerous plants, but not weed. Even Heroin is natural and an addict with careful management and good source can live a whole life without problems physiologically. That's not to say I would do these, but the real science is foreshadowed by political and big pharm and such. The real dangers are the individual and their predisposition for addictive processes that destroy theirs and others lives.

The sacraments give you a glimses, but it is up to you to come back from an experience and do the foot work to get back, and not by more drugs.

Salvador Dali, when asked if he used drugs to come up with his surreal works said:
"I don't need drugs. I am drugs."

When you find out how '___' works, you find you don't need ergot mold derived chemicals or analogs to "get there". We can do it without drugs, cause we are drugs.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by etshrtslr

OK can't help this. Long, but outlines a way of looking at the phenomena.

I’ve experienced some of the pathology of this, but see if this rings true deep thinkers.

Imagine that there are infinite realities, infinite frequencies, infinite dimensions and each dimension is infinite. In each infinite place there is an infinite being wondering, or not if there are others. Other forms of consciousness, while happening everywhere at all times and without time all these worlds and moments are happening.

Now imagine that with sufficient energy, I mean the type of energy that with an impeccable life, a warriors life, i.e. spirit warring with it's own ignorance, that we can walk between these worlds at will.

Now, imagine this can happen in infinite other dimensions and worlds. It should be no surprise that others visit here and we can sometimes see them. Some have technology that supplement their awareness, others don't. Some are from this universe/dimension but are at wider bandwidths so not only exist within the frequency range of this world, but actually in a wider (higher definition) version. (The frequencies go to infinity beyond ultraviolet and infrared.) We are in a very narrow frequency band whose walls are defined by our young awareness limits, fears, illusion, unawareness. We need to work hard to go beyond consiously. Some can see with sacrament of herb and chemical that modulates our transceivers (Biocomputer) to a wider band either momentarily, or adapts the being to now always see the new bands also. An NDE, Meditation, Sacrament by sacred plants, chemistry derived from psychoactive experimentation like '___', psilocybin, '___', 2C-B, mescaline, MDA/MDMA/MMDA or a bad ham sandwich can shift awareness. That awareness will “tune” you to another “station”. Some will find they like or dislike the station (“sacrament”) and will return or never do that particular thing again. Still others will love the sacrament and do it at the exclusion of doing real work and end up loosing awareness in the undisciplined pursuit of it. All in all, sacrament gives you a peek so you know how to come back and work at it “without” the help of the training wheels. Untold billions of beings in this world go through this process all the time. They see things and report them. We are left to figure WTF.

There are worlds of conscious beings on the planets in our solar system that some can see because their “tuner”, their awareness has either naturally accommodated the wider band, or through modulation by sacrament, controlling through meditation, or just through many years of spiritual and devotional practice can see these worlds on demand.

They (Aliens?) can also enter and exit at will by modulating their matter and energy. We might not recognize their forms. Some have technology we see, others project the images to not scare us, still others we can just run into when we modulate to their world.

Undisciplined or otherwise unaware travelers (say who took '___' and “partied” like getting in the car, pressing the petal to the floor and not steering or braking for that matter, cause, duh, they are stupid), end up modulating to areas where beings see them and some “lower or negative” realms and these entities can “attach” themselves to “trip” on us. Demons are riders whose agendas have no compassion for us and our world. Still again, with a tuned heart and discipline, or because you are ready or are predisposed spiritually, can find “others” outside our narrow band that are direct from LOVE or awareness, who truly want to help us. Continued...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join