It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future democratic party deficit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The non-partisan National Taxpayers Union has completed a study of what deficits would become if platforms of the democratic contenders for president were elected.

www.ntu.org...

(Alexandria, VA) -- Long on rhetoric, short on restraint: that's the conclusion of a detailed review of each Democratic Presidential candidate's fiscal policy agenda released today by the non-partisan National Taxpayers Union Foundation (NTUF). Despite expressing concern over red ink in the federal budget, every one of the eight hopefuls would worsen the deficit by billions or even trillions of dollars.

If the policy agenda of any one of the eight candidates were enacted in full, annual federal spending would rise by at least $169.6 billion (Lieberman) and as much as $1.33 trillion (Sharpton). This would translate to a yearly budget hike of between 7.6% and 59.5%.

In contrast Bush announced during state of the union address a desire to limit the federal budget to a 4% increase which if held to would reduce the federal deficit by half in the future.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
....what he and his cohorts do is what's important.

Deficits via the Bush option are an absolute; so much so that key Conservative support is falling off in droves:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A group whose mission statement is to abolish taxes is non-partisan? Funny, they're the ones who did the "report", which amounts to Las Vegas handicapping the Super Bowl in it's veracity, and are calling themselves "non-partisan".
It carries as much truth as Bush calling himself a "Compassionate Conservative".

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
....what he and his cohorts do is what's important.

Deficits via the Bush option are an absolute; so much so that key Conservative support is falling off in droves:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A group whose mission statement is to abolish taxes is non-partisan? Funny, they're the ones who did the "report", which amounts to Las Vegas handicapping the Super Bowl in it's veracity, and are calling themselves "non-partisan".
It carries as much truth as Bush calling himself a "Compassionate Conservative".

Bout Time, I went back and reviewed NTU site to look for a statement that said "abolish taxes" and I could'nt find that but what I did find is this list of their accomplishments which I find worthy and useful for taxpayers of either persuasion;

A few of our significant accomplishments:

* Income tax indexing, so inflation no longer bumps taxpayers into higher brackets
* Landmark "Taxpayer Bill of Rights" laws that help to safeguard against IRS abuses
* Bringing the Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution within one vote of passing the Congress
* Reform of taxpayer-funded Congressional mailing system, and public mailing cost disclosure by each member of Congress
* Repeal of the Catastrophic Surtax on senior citizens
* Dozens of successful state and local tax limitation movements -- activists have defeated 90% of the 50 major tax increases that appeared on state ballots over the past five years .

I especially want to point out their support of a balanced budget amendment - whats partisan about that ?

The take I get from them is they support reform not elimination of taxes.

join