It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If someone has the time could they explain how a persons gets negative points in BTS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I read through the help and did not figure this out.

I don't think I ever posted there, yet my points are negative. Accept token point pentalties how do you get negative points anyway?

How can I find out when and why this happened?

I know it doesn't matter really, but I am curious if it means something I should know.

There is no message in my U2U

Thank you for your time.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
o crap, I looked at someone else post, I feel really stupid. sorry to waste your time. let thread die please. they had very close avatar.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Even so, at some point you or someone else will want an answer to this. It happens when you make purchases at the ATS store, such as background, or RATS access. Often you will have a lot of points in one area, but only a few in BTS.

The "cost" of purchasing is deducted from the total points, and so some is taken from BTS, which can leave a negative balance in that one area.

It confused me when I first noticed it, so your reaction is natural.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Well I have negative 5000 and some BTS points and after inquiring it seems I made some purchases at the store using combined points instead of the points I have the most of, which in my case is ATS points.

I never was any good at math or managing money, even imaginary money.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I never was any good at math or managing money, even imaginary money.

If you really sit down and think about it, all money is imaginary. But don't think too much about it...

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

THAT has always been my excuse!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I think there's an ATS "twilight zone" that points disappear into. Probably a first cousin to the sock-eating dryer god.

I once logged on one day and over a hundred BTS points had magically disappeared. I hadn't bought anything at the ATS store, hadn't gotten scolded online for anything. Not sure where they went (from whence they came, no dout) or why they went but I'm happy to report that I didn't shed even one tear. I wondered for a while if there was some silent rebuke implied in those missing points-sort of like an Amish shunning, ATS style but it turns out the whole matter wasn't worth pursuing.

The sun'll come up tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar......(or your last BTS points :lol

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Very new to ATS. What are the most desirable purchases to be made?
Thank you
John

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

And after that last line of your post, I feel like singing "Tomorrow" from Annie.

So it's almost a one liner, I couldn't help myself.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

And lets not forget the pencil bandit.

What I want to know is how to get out of the negative. It looks way too much like my real bank book.

top topics

join