It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Origin of the Reptilian Race

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinosaurs diverged from their archosaur ancestors approximately 230 million years ago during the Middle to Late Triassic period…Paleontologists believe Eoraptor resembles the common ancestors of all dinosaurs; if this is true, its traits suggest that the first dinosaurs were small, bipedal predators.” – Wikipedia.org

(Remember the average man 5’11 – 6’, is small compared to an average dinosaur.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With 230 million years worth of evolution (more then enough time to spawn mankind [85 million years]), what would a race of bipedal dinosaurs eventually evolve into and what technology would they happen to have? Planes, trains and automobiles?!

In 85 million years man went from primates to outerspace. Imagine what we could do with another 145 million years?

If your thinking “woah woah, hold up, all the dinosaurs died off only 65 million years ago” so they would have died off too, well.

“One group of dinosaurs is known to have survived to the present day…modern birds to be direct descendants of theropod[1] dinosaurs” – Wikipedia.org

What is there to say that other species did not survive as well? What is there to say that the catastophy that destroyed almost all life wasn’t just survived but avoided?

WHO KNOWS?!

[1]“Theropods ('beast feet') are a group of bipedal saurischian dinosaurs…they were primarily carnivorous” – Wikipedia.org

All information derived from www.wikipedia.org

[edit on 25-9-2007 by iHuman

Mod Note: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

MOD NOTE: please provide a clickable link to the wiki page.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Well the 'Reptillians' would need to have evolved with an opposable thumb if they wanted to use tools and develop technology and also an excellent hiding strategy as well because evidence of there existance is pretty poor.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by iHuman

You DO know, how much time to evolve for example sharks, alligators and coelacanths had ? Now, do you see many sharks with laser beams attached to their heads ?

Evolution |= Development of intelligence

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Good point about the sharks / alligators but they are just working off of instinct, how or why did we become intelligent? We became intelligent because we did / do not have armor plated skin, speed (comparable to some animals), or spikes sticking out of our body. We had to use our mind as a defence mechanism, maybe this race had to do the same?

Granted that evolution does not equal intelligence. what is the root of intelligence or the mark of a species becoming "sentient". Imagination. Plain and simple, once a race develops a real imagination that does equal intelligence.

The reptillians would have to evolve opposible thumbs in order to operate tools and or develope technology. You've never seen a bird make a nest? Why would their tools need to be held like ours? Look at the instrument used to do labotomies, no need for a thumb there.

Evidence of their existence is pretty poor eh? Tell me you could find the computer your at right now in 100,000 years, or how about if its been sitting there for 3,000,000 years.

But hey, Im not saying its all fact. Im saying nothing is impossible.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by iHuman]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Its pretty accepted within the UFO community that reptilians are not from this planet. Trying to explain them with our earth evolution theories can probably be done, but only because those evolution theories will accept pretty much anything since its based on random mutations. =)

In fact, they recently found skulls that fit perfectly with what the Grey type of alien would have, but explained it as some kind of early humans, despite them looking nothing like us at all.

I found a video about it by the way... alien skull.

I just think its funny that human scientists explain everything strange they find as human. The linked video doesnt however, it speaks the truth.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
ehhhh Im just trying to put 2 and 2 together. I mean the chance of a lifeform from a seperate star system looking almost identical to this planets very own prehistoric life, seems like a longer shot to me. /shrug

looks more like dwarfism to me....nvm, only saw the first 3 seconds when i wrote that

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by iHuman
ehhhh Im just trying to put 2 and 2 together. I mean the chance of a lifeform from a seperate star system looking almost identical to this planets very own prehistoric life, seems like a longer shot to me. /shrug

looks more like dwarfism to me

Well, if you look at the video, you will hear them mention the things that are not human about it. But I can understand that you may not want to believe it, thats fine. A lot of people dont.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I wont / dont beleive in everything, but i'll give most things a chance until I see differently, not someone telling me differently. Good video

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

That skull is obviously human, though deformed. There are many diseases as well as many weird customs that can cause these deformations, ever seen the skulls of the people of Southern America whos heads were bound and constricted, or the feet of certain japanese women whos feet are bound from birth

What do you think people would have made of the Elephant Mans skeleton if they knew nothing about it?

There is no 'reptilian race' never has been, never will be, other than the simple small reptiles that inhabit the earth, but anything without an opposing thumb is pretty much doomed to be little more than an animal

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Chorlton

tape your thumb to your index finger today. garauntee'd somethings may be a little tougher but completely possible.

Wait....who's to say the evolution of the thumb never happened to them either?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Thats 1 of the problems with this board. Sure everyone has an opinion, but people always go to the threads they could careless about just to shoot it. Weak.

It's funny how the people that talk about denial all have the "im right your wrong" syndrome. (check your sig)

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by iHuman

Try using a screwdriver without an opposing thumb, Try throwing a spear without a thumb, or try striking a flint against a steel to make fire without an opposing thumb. Its impossible.
Any race that coulndnt make fire was doomed to be attacked and beaten by those that could. End of the Reptilian farce.

If you dont like your ideas being criticised then either dont post them or be prepared.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
reply to post by Copernicus

That skull is obviously human, though deformed. There are many diseases as well as many weird customs that can cause these deformations, ever seen the skulls of the people of Southern America whos heads were bound and constricted, or the feet of certain japanese women whos feet are bound from birth

What do you think people would have made of the Elephant Mans skeleton if they knew nothing about it?

There is no 'reptilian race' never has been, never will be, other than the simple small reptiles that inhabit the earth, but anything without an opposing thumb is pretty much doomed to be little more than an animal

blah blah blah[snip]. Who are you to say there are no reptilan races in the universe or other looking intelligence? [snip] You know for a fact right?

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I do think that reptilians are ancestors of dinosaurs, I think thats why they visit and have interest in Earth. I believe that dinosaurs evolved into bi-pedal creatures probably with opposing thumbs. I think they thrived and grew into a advance race then left Earth.

Why did they leave?
Could have been the comet or meteoroid that caused the dino's to die out.
A super volcano eruption.
Climate change.

Some of the ancient artifact [millions of years old]that have been found on Earth could have been from such a race.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Some of the ancient artifact [millions of years old]that have been found on Earth could have been from such a race.

Could you post a link to evidence of these artifacts (millions of years old) please?
I would be very interested to see them.
Thanks

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I believe there were several species of dinosaurs that had opposing digits(thumbs) on an appendage(hand). There is even one that had "thumbs", binocular vision, and walked upright.
With a 100+ million years of evolution, it is possible that a sentient raace could develope to a point where they could attain space flight and leave the planet, to return in the future, look how far we came in 25,000 years.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
David Ike's imagination..

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

OK taking your statements
Where are the remains of the mines they mined the materials from, where are the remains of their chemistry works where they found out and did all their metalurgical research? where are the remains of their furnaces where they made this metal. where are the remains of their fuel plants where fuel for these spacecratft were made? Thats just a few of the thousands of questions one could pose for your suggestions
To do and develop as you suggest would require evolution and massive centers of habitation. And that would just be a start
There isnt a scap of eveidence for anything you have postulated.

Possible? Yes it was possible.
Probable, on existing evidence....No.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I hate how people say things like "it is widley accepted within the UFO community that the reptillian race is from another planet" this annoys me slightly as i believe it is widely accepted in the normal UFO community as total BS, When has serious UFOlogy ever been about reptillians? It's complete fantasy, lights in the sky making 90 degree turns in the air and vanishing, yeah we have videos of this, i've seen a few myself and this i think needs explanation, reptiallians however is nothing more than fantasy!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Well, if there's a nuclear apocalypse, theoretically the only organisms who could survive would be cockroaches and a few microbes. 65 million years after that, who knows what Earth's inhabitants would be like? I wanna be there when it happens.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join