It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush to challenge U.N. to revisit roots, advance freedom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Bush to challenge U.N. to revisit roots, advance freedom

www.cnn.com

UNITED NATIONS (AP) -- President Bush wants the U.N. to uphold its pledge to fight for freedom in lands of poverty and terror and plans to punctuate his challenge by promising new sanctions against the military regime in Myanmar.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Wow in this case Bush is on the right side. I agree with Bush that its Time for the UN to step up, and help regarding tyranny, disease, illiteracy and poverty.

www.cnn.com

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Not surprising as Burma has huge energy reserves!

Burma is a resource-rich country with a strong agricultural base. It also has vast timber, natural gas, and fishery reserves

www.state.gov...

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Why does the cynical side of me wonder if Mr Bush and his backers / handlers already have a list of countries whose people need to be liberated?
I'm sure the list contains a few with hefty natural resources ready to be plundered by the corporate boys after regime change and the usual loans with strings attached are in place to pay favoured entities for rebuilding.

Maybe I'm not so much cynical as realistic as this is how the system has worked for decades and GWB's record of regime change and rebuilding leaves a lot to be desired. This sounds more like he wants UN to foot the bill for US corporate gain without the initial outlay. Of course, the other big government entities will want their slice of the pie too, making it harder to get anything agreed upon.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
He doesn't give a rats ass about the people of Burma or any place else... just wait, it will all be about Iran... he's trying to pull the same snow job he pulled in 03.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
This is the basics of politics. The ability to twist other peoples messages to back them into doing what you want.

I seriously doubt Bush came up with the idea himself. But whoever did, it's devious to the point of warranting a little respect. Not that you should like him, just respect his ability to do the wrong thing.

If they are so keen on liberating countries, then I can name many prime nations who are begging for assistance.

Clearly, it's not assistance mr. Bush has in mind.

His form of liberation can be weighed in the number of families torn limb from limb. His form of freedom can be measured by it's explosive yield.

His version of the dictionary must be a very confusing read.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Not that you should like him, just respect his ability to do the wrong thing.

HUH?

Oh I get it I respect the fact that he has his head stuck further up (where the light don't shine) than most people ever get.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   

HUH?

Oh I get it I respect the fact that he has his head stuck further up (where the light don't shine) than most people ever get.

If you consider these people your enemy then youve already lost by not respecting them.

They do their jobs very very well, your just too stubborn to see it like that.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Oh I know bush minor is a very successful president FOR HIS OWNERS, just not the rest of us. Still, I refuse to respect him.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Respect of your enemy is the first step to overcoming your enemy. If you know this, then you may win the war, be it political or real.

Respect does not equal support, liking, or any of that sort.

I respect Hitler and Stalin, yet I hate their guts.

This is obviously a deflection-from-current-issues attempt. Whether Bush has decided to do this or someone is using him, it does not change what is said.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Foxe]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for realizing what I was trying to say with that.

No, I'm not saying like him, I'm not saying agree with him. In fact, if it were up to me he'd be tried for treason.

Example : I respect Hitler because he was able to gain full control of an entire nation, rise it out of the depression, and then wage one of the most fiercest wars ever seen to this day.
Do I like him? Don't make me puke. The guy is one sick man.

Always respect your enemy. Otherwise they'll get you where you least expected it.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
If it weren't for Karen Hughes and Karl Rove bush minor would still be a failed business drunk in the back woods of Texas. He is a puppet in all the worst uses of the word and I have no respect for him because he doesn't warrant it.

Reagan was a puppet as well, and like junior he did not have the intellectual skills to be president but he played one on TV, and should have gotten an Emmy for his pay no attention to the man behind the curtain routine.

Bush senior got in trouble with his owners because he tried to think for himself. I did not like him but I respected him.

Clinton took everyone by surprise and say what you will about him he was too much of his own man and far too intelligent (you do not become a Rhodes scholar with a C average) to ever be fully owned by anybody and for him, despite his flaws, I have a great deal of respect.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by grover]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I dont respect Bush, i never said i respected Bush. I said i respected bush's administration. The ones who are actually doing things. They are very very effective.

Example : I respect Hitler because he was able to gain full control of an entire nation, rise it out of the depression, and then wage one of the most fiercest wars ever seen to this day.

Do you speak German?

If you dont, you really should learn it. If only to hear Hitlers speeches and understand them. He is a very powerful speaker, you can hear it even if you dont speak German.

Imagine a person speaking with such fervour and strength in English? A man hasnt existed yet who could match Hitler.

Unfortunatly Hitler doesnt get quoted much because the words he said, while inspiring, were nothing without his strength of character behind them.

Clinton took everyone by surprise and say what you will about him he was too much of his own man and far too intelligent (you do not become a Rhodes scholar with a C average) to ever be fully owned by anybody and for him, despite his flaws, I have a great deal of respect.

Clinton once came on an Australian talk show called 'Enough Rope'. Andrew Denton, the host, is an incredibly intelligent man. He spoke to Clinton about everything BUT the scandal. It was wonderful, ive yet to see any American show talk about anything but him and Lewinsky.

Clinton has Charisma, Gore has Charisma, Daddy Bush spoke much like Hitler did in his speeches, but couldnt pull it off. Margaret Thatcher, Tony Blair, John Howard.

The list goes on. There are hundreds of men and women who can speak words with such strength and intensity and fervour, or maybe with such eloquence and light heartedness.

They are all respected for such Charismatic Talents.

Why, then, does junior Bush stay in power? The man who has no real talents, no charisma, no fervour, and looks funny?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
They keep the citizenship distracted (can you say Paris Hilton for example?) and they hide whatever they are doing as much as possible.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I don't see this as a attempt by the USA to gobble up their resources. If we wanted to do that we would not approach the UN about it. If the UN intercedes in this mess it would be a UN type of action or peace keeping force to help them form a new government, and not a military dictator ship.

In Iraq, we have formed a Iraqi government but we are still in control of there country. They are trying to make deals regarding there oil, but we interfere or just tell them they can't.. stupid and sad but true, how are they ever gonna stand up if we don't allow them to lead. Another good example is the blackwater mess Iraq: Blackwater staff will face criminal charges

Let the UN handle nation building, pull from the best resources and personnel in the world, and do it in a way that makes since.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Octavius Maximus

Do you speak German?

If you dont, you really should learn it. If only to hear Hitlers speeches and understand them. He is a very powerful speaker, you can hear it even if you dont speak German.

I can't formulate sentences in German fast enough to speak it fluently, but I can read it, and understand it when it's spoken to me.

Yes, he is a very powerful speaker. I've watched his speeches on the history channel. You are right, nobody has matched him so far in English.

However, he still remains to be one of the worst people to have walked this earth.

At least I can respect his ability to persuade and destroy.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by johnsky]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Can someone post a video of Bush's speech, I missed the damn thing?

Also, does anyone know when Ahmadinejad's supposed to be speaking at the U.N., and on what channel?

Peace

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It might be getting worse the military regime in Myanmar are imposing curfews.

Dr Love I didn't find the video of Bush's speech.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Wow in this case Bush is on the right side. I agree with Bush that its Time for the UN to step up, and help regarding tyranny, disease, illiteracy and poverty.

www.cnn.com

This is the kiss of death. This means everyone will oppressed.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

YANGON, Myanmar (CNN) -- At least five protesters have been killed by Myanmar security forces Wednesday, according to opposition reports, as the anticipated crackdown began.
Mods did I quote this right?

Death claims amid Myanmar crackdown

Unfortunately it begins.

new topics

top topics

join