It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stirring the racial pot in America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed a large upsurge in high profile black athletes and icons being arrested and tried in an extremely public manner?

What I mean is, have you noticed the heavy media coverage of mini legal dramas involving African Americans being charged in the public arena? It seems to me that the media is focusing intensely on black Americans who are put into the spotlight because of an arrest and threat of long prison sentances.

Right now we have the re -arrest of O.J. Simpson for kidnapping and brandishing a weapon..all facts are yet to be determined - but in the aftermath police and prosecutors are throwing ten individual charges at Simpson that could lead to decades in prison if convicted. A crime commited...yes...a harsh sentance...indeed.

We have the whole Jena 6 ordeal with young black high school kids being charged to the maximum extent of the law for a school yard assault - I agree that a 6 on 1 beating is heinous...but the D.A. is trying to put 45 years on Michael Bell, which in my mind is a bit much. This case has been played over and over in the media. Large civil rights marches have taken place as a result, another national race related event stirring things up amongst black and white Americans. They have still refused to grant bail for Bell, and more drama will most likely follow in the days ahead.

Then there is Michael Vick, who is an extremely high profile athlete...a hero to many kids and a favorite son in the black community. Vick has been publically shamed, had his career dismantled, has been placed into jail and is not only facing prison for the original charges to the tune of 3-5 years, but from what I heard on the news today will be possibly charged with ten years in prison per dog as a result of an animal cruelty case. That will be 80 years in prison, what most would consider an incredibly harsh punishment for the crime commited. Certain to enrage people in the black community already outraged by the other cases at hand.

I am not attempting to suggest that these people are all guilty or innocent, not my place to say. My only question is, why all of the sudden are we seeing so many high profile black people being dragged through the public dirt? All of these above cases have angered many in the black community due to the draconian sentancing and the public wringing that has taken place.

I am beginning to feel like the powers that be are looking to intentionally incite racial discord amongst the population. It seems that the sentances that the courts are handing down are so ridiculous that they almost have to be an attempt to wave it in the front of black communities face as a means of antagonism. Are the Bush admin and the media trying to shake up race relations in our country? If so, what would be the reasoning? Maybe for political gains, maybe as a distraction, or maybe the first step in implementing tougher laws, tighter security and removing more rights from all of us.

Is this the first piece of the NWO puzzle...an angry, racially divided America?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
No one forced these black men to break the law. You only end up in court if you have done something wrong. I know this because I've been to court a whole lot. Mostly growing up on alcohol. I do believe black men are getting the short end of the stick when it comes to justice. Justice is suppose to be blind, that would include color blind.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
We have the whole Jena 6 ordeal with young black high school kids being charged to the maximum extent of the law for a school yard assault - I agree that a 6 on 1 beating is heinous...but the D.A. is trying to put 45 years on Michael Bell, which in my mind is a bit much.

I thought they were not trying him as an adult now?

This case has been played over and over in the media. Large civil rights marches have taken place as a result, another national race related event stirring things up amongst black and white Americans. They have still refused to grant bail for Bell, and more drama will most likely follow in the days ahead.

As far as I know they have not denied bail. There is a crapload of money getting poured into the 'free jena6' campaign but civil rights groups have just chosen not to pay it and have opted instead to use him as sacrificial lamb for their own agenda. There would be less drama if he wasn't sitting in jail for the cause. I agree with you that political groups are stirring the pot but quite frankly it's silly to go blaming one [bush] when some black leaders have basically said the gang bashing was ok as it was provoked by a noose incident [not commited by the victim].
Shouldn't civil rights leaders be against hate crimes or something?

[edit on 25-9-2007 by riley]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Scott Peterson

BTK

Menendez Brothers

Eric Rudolph

Mark Hacking

All High Profile

All White

Semper

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

not really all that recent, though.
we're talking about recent people in cases that are high profile not because of the crime, but because of who the people are.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
But is it not a "Self Fulfilling" Thread Title?

They are by definition, "High Profile" Individuals

They are also by definition "Accused/Convicted of crimes"

The fact that they are both does not to me seem to be a conspiracy

But what do I know

Semper

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Britney Spears only gets targeted by the police and media because she's a white single mother.
They picked on Michael Jackson for the same reason.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by riley]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the media follow celebrity.

For the longest time, it was Anna Nicole Smith and Britney Spears.

Right now, it's OJ and Vick and Spears.

I wish the media would cover real news, but what they follow is what people tune in to see.

And that's the truth.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
Is this the first piece of the NWO puzzle...an angry, racially divided America?

I know this is an old thread, but I've been gone for a while and I think you might be right. I've been wondering the same thing about the nooses popping up all over the place.

An important historical note might be in order here. Indentured African servants, prior to 1640, were treated as well, or as poorly, as their white counterparts. So, basically, race-based workplace discrimination was non-existent. What changed was that three indentured servants, two white and one black, got disgusted and ran away. Until this incident, they would have all been punished the same, with an extension on their servitude. Instead, the two white servants got only an additional extra year, while the black servant "shall serve his said master or his assigns for the time of his natural Life here or elsewhere." (link) From then on, he was a slave, and apparently, so were the other black indentured servants.

I say all of that to say, racism, in this country, was not 'invented' as a justification for slavery. Racism was 'invented' in order to quell economic unrest. Indentured servants of all colors were unhappy with their position in colonial society. They wanted to be free to partake in the bounty of wealth that was early America, and they didn't feel like waiting. To forestall this eventual unrest, wealthy colonists divided the indentured servants based on race, thereby throwing a bone to the whites, and they've obviously conquered us because, guess what, we're still, roughly, in those same positions.

"Wealthy colonists" are now the "NWO." "Indentured servants" are those Americans who feel like they work and work, and accumulate more and more debt. "Slaves" are those too poor, or too uneducated, to metaphorically 'buy their freedom.' Either they want to get out of the situation and can't, or are too oblivious to even notice they're in a bad situation. (btw, none of these classifications are based on race nowadays)

So, with all of this historical groundwork already laid out, if you were a NWO-planner, and you wanted some type of civil unrest, in order to implement martial law, wouldn't it be smart to exploit pre-existing rifts? Especially since the people have gotten so close to figuring out the real game (rich vs poor)?

new topics

top topics

join