It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Information for alleged contactees, etc

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
You could start an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) channel? Download mIRC or any other IRC client, choose a network and create your channel. They're easy to admin. There are options to hide or password protect the channel, so you can perhaps leave it closed to disruptive users.

You could invite people, via PM from ATS or anywhere else, that you feel could do with a more controlled environment to discuss their issues.

Anyway, just a suggestion incase you weren't aware of this option.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Comatose
You could start an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) channel? Download mIRC or any other IRC client, choose a network and create your channel. They're easy to admin. There are options to hide or password protect the channel, so you can perhaps leave it closed to disruptive users.

You could invite people, via PM from ATS or anywhere else, that you feel could do with a more controlled environment to discuss their issues.

Anyway, just a suggestion incase you weren't aware of this option.

You know what, I appreciate your suggestion. I'm pretty pc literate, but when it comes to what you just said; you might as well be speaking Russian. But thanks

[edit on 9/26/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
thats a really good idea comatose. Dont u worry jana, I'm pretty tech savvy, I know how to create a irc channel. I can even get a bot to kick any disruptive individual.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Cool
Well let me know how it goes. I'd be interested to see what people have to share in a more relaxed environment.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru
thats a really good idea comatose. Dont u worry jana, I'm pretty tech savvy, I know how to create a irc channel. I can even get a bot to kick any disruptive individual.

Cool! I am glad you know how to do all that! I am good at what I do know, but I've never had the need to venture into that arena.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
IMO i think IRC is a better way for live discussions, its quite different from the board/chat last night. Ill look into making a channel, Im pondering using dalnet.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
In the book he talks of abductions and so on. Its all very interesting.
[edit on 25-9-2007 by Copernicus]

You are mistaken, he talks about contact experiences, not abduction experiences.
He also shines the light on all the abduction propaganda, that is entirely conducted by the military.
A large part of abduction cases are tagged as "Abduction" even if people are actually just having a contact experience, which is totally wrong.

Visit: en.wikipedia.org... for more information regarding contactees.

And also read: www.cseti.org... another great article.

ETD

[edit on 26-9-2007 by ETDisclosure]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

IMO i think IRC is a better way for live discussions, its quite different from the board/chat last night. Ill look into making a channel, Im pondering using dalnet.

Hey girl! Am I going to need any special equipment for all this IRC stuff? Hope not. I'm a little out of pocket for awhile.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
no no, irc is a free download. well, technically youre supposed to register after 30 days. mirc.com or find pIRCh (used to use Pirch a long time ago lol). um, under servers, go to dalnet random server.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

Cool so far. sorry I didn't speak up more last night. I'm still trying to work up my courage for a public thing. I've mostly talked to Truspiritstar in private email about my experiences. Great dude, huh?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
server: irc.dal.net port: 6669
once you log in, type /join #contactees

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by janasstar

well, he seems very intent on Christianity. The one thing i am not comfortable with lol. He still wont really tell me what he thinks, may be a bit of scare tactics though. Not a bad guy i think, just...i dunno

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

reply to post by janasstar

well, he seems very intent on Christianity. The one thing i am not comfortable with lol. He still wont really tell me what he thinks, may be a bit of scare tactics though. Not a bad guy i think, just...i dunno

I can't imagine him pushing his beliefs on anyone. Have you come right out and ask what he thinks? I know when he was working with me, he was very thorough and not prone to 'snap judgements' as he says.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
well yes, hes very worried about me, he keeps asking questions about underground bases and referred me to look up info on cathy o'brien. scary. but he did say he was trying to not make snap judgements. I guess the religion thing is my fault. I think I might have accidentally provoked him lol when I was discussing my views on christianity

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
his site is down again

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

his site is down again

Thanks for the heads up, I was about to go over and visit with him, and ask him somethings on your behalf, or would you prefer I not? You would have to go along way to provoke the chief.
I think we better get back on topic or u2u, anyway, I am interested in the IRC

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

well yes, hes very worried about me, he keeps asking questions about underground bases and referred me to look up info on cathy o'brien. scary. but he did say he was trying to not make snap judgements. I guess the religion thing is my fault. I think I might have accidentally provoked him lol when I was discussing my views on christianity

Aha!.
this is how bad rumors get started!I don't think it would be off topic to ask what relation, chief thought you had with cathy o'brian? (sp?) I've read about her. She would sort of fit under conspiracy theories and the like. Especially underground bases

[edit on 9/27/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The truth of the matter is that hardly anyone or no one at all will answer what you want to know in this forum because of the emotional and psychological impact this has on individuals, who truly fear on what others might say or think o them. It would take great willpower and overcomming psycogenics to have someone in this field showup and tell you what you want to know, and like one of the members mentiond in your post recently they would be torn to pieces. This would further damage thier already fragile emotional state, but do not worry because there are always a brave few who have overcome this fear after excelent treatments either in groups or individual counseling medical or spiritual.
In some of the threads you will find them if you study thier manner of expresion and disscusion on topics pertaining to this matter.
Good luck!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
well, what I was looking for were perhaps websites on the subject, groups, forums, contacts for therapists/hypnotherapists, to list for contactees/experiencers to turn to. the thread made an interesting turn, but I would really like to see that there are some real resources for those who find themselves in the same boat as a lot of us.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelc01
like one of the members mentiond in your post recently they would be torn to pieces. This would further damage thier already fragile emotional state, but do not worry because there are always a brave few who have overcome this fear after excelent treatments either in groups or individual counseling medical or spiritual.
In some of the threads you will find them if you study thier manner of expresion and disscusion on topics pertaining to this matter.
Good luck!!!

That member would have been me. Did you have any ref's on counseling groups?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join