It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perpetual War Proof:They want your Kids for the Machine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I had stated before that I would not mind seeing a mandatory tour of service instituted in the US like most other countries have, for young adults 18 years of age.
That being said, I am appalled that a backroom-in-the-black-of-night provision would be attached to a federal education law that makes it mandatory for schools to turn over the name/address/phone numbers of High School Juniors & Seniors. Failing to comply by the school system means a loss of Federal money for the school. Yet, schools that don't receive Fed money ( read: Private Schools, as in, well, you know who's kids because only the very exclusive ones are 100% off of the Government teat)

www.cnn.com...

Perpetual War is only, of course, possible with the proper propaganda apparatus in place: notice the verbiage of the article ("But the new law disturbs parents and administrators in some liberal communities"). As if conservative parents don't want there children to be cannon fodder in an unnecessary war!?!
We now condone our children, as young as 15, to be solicited by the military!?!

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 06:59 PM
link   
No proof, only conjecture.

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 07:53 PM
link   
i read bout the same thing on aol

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 10:34 PM
link   
What he says is true in part..In Oregon they had banned recruiters from the high school for years..but the new law says you have to let them in or they lose there Fed money..what the poster fails to tell you is that you can make it so that your name of the child is not turned into the military but requesting it..

Byt he way if you think the military news this to track the Seniors ..youare wrong..there are the taxs from the Parants not to mention that the kids are supposed to register for the selective service.

Boomslang

posted on Dec, 5 2002 @ 01:21 AM
link   
While we shouldn't be perpetually at war, there is no problem with the Recruiting system. I think we have more to fear from the advertiser's invasion of our privacy than the governments access to our addresses.

I've been getting join the military crap ever since I was a Junior in High School, and this would explain why I got stuff saying I was a senior in high school, which I never was, I graduated early.

But I've never disagreed with it because this nation needs more Patriotism. Too many people out there who think that this Nation can be supported by others doing the work for us. We need people who know that there is an Army out there than you should join.

This is why we do have the best army, because not only drop-outs and bums join it, but people of all the walks of life in America.

I don't think there can ever be a perpetual war, so long as there is no one to fight, because as evil as the Media seems, they'd sell America out in a heartbeat for a good story (meaning no way to perpetuate a myth), and in some ways that's a good thing.

Sincerely,
no signature

new topics

top topics

join