It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something worth thinking about

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
My friend pointed this out to me the other day, and I couldnbt help but think how right he probably is.

I've always been one to depict the alien "Greys" as humans in an evolved form. He pointed out that that can't be the case because evolution most likely ends with us. Not to sound inhumane or immoral, but medicines has pretty much screwed up our evolutionary system. We dont let our sick and retarded die off, and we dont follow natural selection. We also have people that manipulate the basic food chain, vagans and vegetarians and ect.

Anyone else think that this could end our evolution, not our living race, but evolution? After all, evolution is just natural selection over a long period of time.

Like I said I don't want to sound cruel by saying we should kill all the sick, thats most certainly not it, and i really hope they someday find a pill that can cure all cancers/aids/MS/ect. And I dont have anything against vegetarians, even though i am not one (haha mostly a carnivor to be honest).

Anyhoo, just a brain tickler.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Even if everyone born lived to be 100, that would only eliminate Natural selection in certain forms.

There is still social selection, such as when a female chooses a mate. There is also genetic drift, random mutation, random selection, horizontal evolution, etc. Increasing medical technology does not stop evolution by any means. It merely changes the parameters a bit.

new topics

join