It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AHMADINEJAD at Columbia University - full transcript

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
reply to post by 12cib

Whew! That was a long winded rant.
However, you are entitled to your wrong opinion. In fact, since you believe that 911 was a inside job, I give all your other opinions the same weight. And the weight is that its total lunacy and garbage. I don't see how you can have those opinions with no proof.

If you don't climb the mountain, you can't see the plain.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Underbelly
I think he's implying America used the 9/11 attacks as an excuse to get into the Middle East. And to an extent he is correct.

I completely agree, I don't at all believe 9/11 was an inside job, I actually think that's an insane thought (but to each his own); but it may as well have been seeing how the current administration has scorned the honor of those who died that day using it as an excuse to not only invade, but to occupy. I can see why people think 9/11 was a conspiracy, and I often ask myself if people would still consider it an inside job had the government not used it as an excuse to invade Iraq.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by yellowcard]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard

Originally posted by Underbelly
I think he's implying America used the 9/11 attacks as an excuse to get into the Middle East. And to an extent he is correct.

I completely agree, I don't at all believe 9/11 was an inside job, I actually think that's an insane thought (but to each his own); but it may as well have been seeing how the current administration has scorned the honor of those who died that day using it as an excuse to not only invade, but to occupy. I can see why people think 9/11 was a conspiracy, and I often ask myself if people would still consider it an inside job had the government not used it as an excuse to invade Iraq.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by yellowcard]

If it's so insane, then why don't you try proving the government's "official" conspiracy theory? I would be most impressed.

One point in particular, since the government, and in particular the NIST, can't seem to answer the question after 6 years maybe you can dispell at least one of my insane thoughts. If you can, hopefully you can dispell at least a few more of the multitude of insane thoughts/questions I have regarding the "official" conspiracy theory.

How did WTC7 collapse at free fall speed in its own footprint and turn to dust leaving molten metal beneath it for several weeks, with isolated small fires on 2 floors, which happened to be nowhere near the minimal damage the building sustained from the WTC1 and 2 collapsing? And don't give me the pancake nonsense as physics makes a free-fall 6 second collapse of 47 stories impossible in such a scenario.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Oak
I love our country, and I am a veteran of Iraqi freedom, but I am ashamed at the hypocrisy that our nation exhibits. We can have nuclear weapons but anyone we disagree with cannot. We applaud ourselves for our freedom of speech, but trash a man before he can ever gets his chance to speak. We accuse people of being terrorists, but we in fact committed the most horrific act of terrorism in world history by dropping the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. We murdered over 100,000 innocent civilians by this act, far more than was killed on 9-11. Terrorism is a relative term - one persons terrorist is another persons freedom fighter. People seem to forget that our nation was founded by terrorists. We call them patriots, but you can rest assured that King George labeled Washington, Franklin, Jefferson, Revere all terrorists. Any people throughout history that have faced a superior force has always resorted to terrorism. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with their ideology, but I do understand their tactics, and I wish more Americans did as well. Just my thoughts.

My thoughts exactly. People simply refuse to understand that terrorism is a relative term. USA is no better than Sudan when it comes to human rights for prisoners. They have secret facilities for torture all over the world. The mainstream news support the government just like in countries with dictatorships. The police is brutal and oppressive. The president dont believe in the constitution and has a paranoid view of the world and megalomaniac tendencies.

And these guys are sitting on nuclear weapons, while also putting weapons in space.

What it comes down to is that every super power as well as the middle east countries are just as bad. USA manages to cover up its deeds around the world by using CIA and other covert agencies, but they are doing the same things the classic "terrorists" or freedom fighters are doing all over the world.

Im not a religious guy, but Jesus had it right when he said "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone".

[edit on 30-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
But one can not blame Iran for getting religious as even Bush said it was God that told him to invade and now Iran is saying God is telling them to invade Isreal at some point. So who is pushing the buttons here?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MASH_DADDY

Originally posted by MASH_DADDY
Jsobecky:

"Ahmadinejad is a fool, and anyone who bought into his lies and propaganda is sadly naive and gullible."

A fool? Definitely not.. I can debate about this so much its not funny.
Lies? The only LIE I heard in that video was "There are no homosexuals in our country" And I'm sure he was being sarcastic, or other than that he is a homophobic. But you seriously need to do some research before making such vague and meaningless comments.. If Ahmadinejad seems like a fool to you, I wonder what you think of Bush?... And I wonder what you have to say about the millions of Americans who bought Bush's lies and propaganda? I would say theres a very large difference in numbers wouldn't you?

Ahmadinejad is a fool insofar as he tells outright lies and expects people to believe him. Lies about how women are treated in Iran. Lies about human rights violations of homosexuals, prostitutes, apostates, and heretics (they are all subject to execution, btw). Lies about the Holocaust. Lies about Iran's plans to secure nuclear weapons.

He reminds me of Baghdad Bob's antics during the invasion of Iraq:

"There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!"

politicalhumor.about.com...

He looks at you with a smile and tells you lies, and you believe him.:shk:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I have one more question for the audience:

If Bush had opened up a speech with a benediction and a prayer, what would your reaction have been? A very negative response, I would imagine.

But Ahmadinejad can call for the coming of the 12th imam and it is perfectly acceptable to you?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join